Worst cycling accident?

This must have been really not easy for you! Going home with the mud all over your body must have been tough for you. I think you don't have major injuries during that period which is good as well. It was one of those times that we have to pass a phase in our riding life.
Yeah, that was fun and exciting at the same time, our province are surrounded by rice field and different kinds of agriculture plants, so it's not really bad if you get in an accident.

I never had anything really major in over 40 years of cycling. The worse accident I had was some lady turned right in front me to park horizontally on a street sending my bike into the side of VW Beetle which threw the bike forward and put my helmeted head through the side window breaking it and then I bounced my head off the side pillar as I was being thrown onto the pavement dislocating my shoulder. And that's the only injury I got was the shoulder. Paramedics witnessed the accident because they were right across the street so they came over an transported me to the hospital so they could put my shoulder back in. My bike got destroyed so I got a new one from her insurance company.

There is some very good and unusual news that came out of that crash. I was commuting to work and was dressed in dress clothes for an interview for another position at the same company, I was suppose to be there at 1 pm for the appointment, no cell phones in those days so I couldn't call, I arrived to work at 4:45 pm and my future boss was leaving, so here I come into his office with my dress clothes all dirty, my arm is in a sling and I was very late. He looked at me and started yelling that I was late, I looked unprofessional, and some other stuff I don't recall, then without ever letting me speak he then says: "You got some balls coming into my office looking like that and late on top of it for the most important interview you could have had in your young life, if you got that kind of nerve you'll do well at this position, congratulations you're hired!", I shook his hand and he left, I was a bit stun needless to say, and all I could say was thank you. So I had a new job while going to college that I'm pretty sure I was the highest paid student at that college!

Worst thing that happened to me while riding is that I almost got into an accident with a tricycle. I admit, I was wrong that time because I take a turn on the wrong side of the road. It was an uphill climb that requires force to climb. I got trauma that time and hasn't been able to ride a bicycle for almost a week. Good thing that nothing serious happened. I was lucky enough to avoid that collision because I quickly press the brakes.

Worst thing that happened to me while riding is that I almost got into an accident with a tricycle. I admit, I was wrong that time because I take a turn on the wrong side of the road. It was an uphill climb that requires force to climb. I got trauma that time and hasn't been able to ride a bicycle for almost a week. Good thing that nothing serious happened. I was lucky enough to avoid that collision because I quickly press the brakes.

I'm glad that nothing bad happened to you during that situation. Our ability to be patient while riding is necessary as long as we desire not to get into any form of accidents.

Reactions: ajahcuizon
I thank the Lord I never had experience an undesirable accident with cycling. The only worse accident I had experienced was when I was little. Those times when I was still learning to ride a bike, I had a head injury but not that severe.

Have you ever been in a bad accident while cycling or just going for a casual ride? Luckily I have avoided ever getting seriously hurt when riding. I once got my shoe string caught in the chain and was tossed from the bike. I happened to be by grass at the time though and was able to force myself to fall towards the grass instead of the pavement. I know others haven't been as lucky as me though. Feel free to share your stories if you have them!
Fortunately, nothing worst ever happened to me while cycling. I only remembered a small bruise on my right knee. But this was when I am just starting to ride a bike. And it's not even a worst accident.I fell off my bike because I let my fear in, and then outbalancing, my right knee hits the ground.

I thank the Lord I never had experience an undesirable accident with cycling. The only worse accident I had experienced was when I was little. Those times when I was still learning to ride a bike, I had a head injury but not that severe.

Me too. We're very lucky to not have such fatal encounters. That's why I'm always careful out there. Life is already short as it is. Let's not waste it with stuff like this.

Fortunately, nothing worst ever happened to me while cycling. I only remembered a small bruise on my right knee. But this was when I am just starting to ride a bike. And it's not even a worst accident.I fell off my bike because I let my fear in, and then outbalancing, my right knee hits the ground.

I've also had my share of knee injuries. Probably elbow scrapes too. Now I'm fully against getting repeats of those mistakes. So avoid hazardous places of all costs.