Wyoming Cyclists

I do not live in Wyoming, however I may relocate there (Gillete) in the not to distant future.

What is the Wyoming bike scene like ?

Leon

I can't help you with the scene. I am just a recreational rider here in Western WY (Thayne). In Gillette I would recommend facing East and in no time the wind will have you in South Dakota! :)

I grew up in Wyoming (used a bicycle to deliver newspapers) and can say unequivocally that it is a challenging place to ride. The wind is so powerful it takes a lot of endurance to take long rides. And roads are not exactly accommodating, either. I lived in Cody, and would ride up to the Yellowstone Park East Entrance. About 2,000 feet vertical over the course of 52 miles. Plus, the wind is virtually always out of the west, so it was tough. But then...then the trip back was easy. Wind blowing you downhill. Pretty fun.

I later lived in northwest Montana, and that is a very nice place to ride. Not so windy, lots of paved county roads.

Anyway, enjoy Wyoming. It's a fun place.

Originally posted by bikeboyoriginal
:cool: Any Wyoming Cyclers raise your hands. If your out there hollar at me. [email protected]

I was born and raised in Wyoming but no longer live there. I will say my love for road bikes and racing was born in Wyoming. I grew up in an area where oddly enough even in the 70's a group of us rode and raced. Where are you in Wyoming?

I no longer live in Cody, Wyoming. However, I have friends and family there, so I visit every other year or so.

I live in Green River and my friends just don't get the cycling scene. But as russellkanning said, the wind is killer. Even out here in the desert the scenes are beautiful and the rides are epic.

Originally posted by bikeboyoriginal
I live in Green River and my friends just don't get the cycling scene. But as russellkanning said, the wind is killer. Even out here in the desert the scenes are beautiful and the rides are epic.
Don't take it personal but remember beauty is subjective. I grew up in that town you live in. I live many miles from there now and wouldn't want that scenery. What type of bike do you ride? have you ever ridden up south hill?

I enjoy the rides. I only have a rigid Raleigh (presuspension rigid) but my baby loves me and me her.(for now) Yes, I have gone up south hill. Many a time. That hill could make Armstrong pant like a dog. But coming down will take his breath away