XC Winter X bike?

David

Guest
I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so ago, someone posted about
using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.

Anybody tried the XC version?

http://www.winterxbike.com/BuyNow/SpotXtender2.htm

I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different snow conditions.

Happy New Year y'all!

David

David wrote:
> I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so ago, someone posted about
> using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.
>
> Anybody tried the XC version?
>
> http://www.winterxbike.com/BuyNow/SpotXtender2.htm
>
> I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different snow conditions.
>
> Happy New Year y'all!
>
> David

Never tired it, but it seems like it would be slow. I wouldn;t want to take it into anything deep
and/or soft.

Might be ok on hardpack like snowmobile trails, but I'd rather just ski.

Matt

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so ago, someone posted about
> using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.
>
> Anybody tried the XC version?
>
> http://www.winterxbike.com/BuyNow/SpotXtender2.htm
>
> I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different snow conditions.
>
> Happy New Year y'all!
>
> David

its only 40 bucks. buy it and find out. if there had ever been any snow in hong kong i'd buy it
too.in fact i might buy one and ride it around the beach.

cheers

gaz

"gazzer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so
ago,
> > someone posted about using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.
> >
> > Anybody tried the XC version?
> >
> > http://www.winterxbike.com/BuyNow/SpotXtender2.htm
> >
> > I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different
snow
> > conditions.
> >
> > Happy New Year y'all!
> >
> > David
>

> its only 40 bucks. buy it and find out. if there had ever been any snow in hong kong i'd buy it
> too.in fact i might buy one and ride it around the beach.
>
> cheers
>
> gaz

Uh, thats 40 bucks just for that big metal square. You have to pay about 300 for the entire kit
with skis.

Jon Bond

"gazzer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> its only 40 bucks. buy it and find out. if there had ever been any snow in hong kong i'd buy it
> too.in fact i might buy one and ride it around the beach.

The $40 is only for the ski extender so the front ski is level with your back tire. The snow is
typically a couple of hours drive for me, and I'm not really confident this will be my choice
for XC snow travel. But I'm still eager to hear from people who have pedaled bikes like that
through the snow.