Yay for the happy thing

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:56:47 +1000, Resound wrote:

> The world is a brighter place and I am as sickeningly happy as anyone could
> possibly have a right to be. As of last night, I am engaged to be married. I
> don't exactly know how this will involve bicycles, but it might. Honestly, I
> don't care either way.

Congratulations!

The relevance to bikes is that it won't be long before she says "Get those
stupid bikes out of the spare room - we need it for the baby!"

Michael Warner said:
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:56:47 +1000, Resound wrote:

> The world is a brighter place and I am as sickeningly happy as anyone could
> possibly have a right to be. As of last night, I am engaged to be married. I
> don't exactly know how this will involve bicycles, but it might. Honestly, I
> don't care either way.

Congratulations!

The relevance to bikes is that it won't be long before she says "Get those
stupid bikes out of the spare room - we need it for the baby!"

Heh...she already has the spare room as a sewing room. The bikes live in the garage.

Resound wrote:
> As of last night, I am engaged to be married.

<snip>
> I just wanted to tell people I know before something pops.

Getting married before something pops? Bit careless were you? :)

Graeme

Michael Warner wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:56:47 +1000, Resound wrote:
>
> > The world is a brighter place and I am as sickeningly happy as anyone could
> > possibly have a right to be. As of last night, I am engaged to be married. I
> > don't exactly know how this will involve bicycles, but it might. Honestly, I
> > don't care either way.

> Congratulations!
>
> The relevance to bikes is that it won't be long before she says "Get those
> stupid bikes out of the spare room - we need it for the baby!"

Bikes and the joy of not being married...

Steven is looking at potential replacement bikes. He doesn't want CF -
he liked it but is over it and especially over worrying about each
little scratch - is it structural? - and was looking at nice european
alu bikes.

I pointed out that it is not much point getting another alu frame, even
if it is lighter than his Merida, because his Merida is fine, and every
time he snaps it they replace it free of charge. I suggested he instead
add some extra funds to his insurance claim and purchase that titanium
frame he's been eyeing off...

I'm a good girlfriend ;-)

Resound wrote:
> The world is a brighter place and I am as sickeningly happy as anyone could
> possibly have a right to be. As of last night, I am engaged to be married. I
> don't exactly know how this will involve bicycles, but it might. Honestly, I
> don't care either way.
>
> I just wanted to tell people I know before something pops.

Just to add to the general joy and merriment I was also recently
engaged. We both have multiple bikes and neither of us drops each other
on climbs. (smug)I don't have to justify any purchases to S.O. (/smug),
coz she'll probably 'borrow' them anyway, if they fit/work/are
compatible (Wheels, tools, etc.)

MH

Shane Stanley wrote:
> > We both have multiple bikes and neither of us drops each other
> > on climbs.

> And the first time is going to come as quite a shock...

.... Sweetie, I've been meaning to talk to you ...

Shane Stanley said:
And the first time is going to come as quite a shock...

Nah, my bloke is an absolute Gentleman, either tows me up the hill or politely waits. Although I'm planning (longterm) to become a decent climber, do have the *right* build for it. ;)