Spandex and Women.

guidebar

Sep 16, 2003
Why is it that every time I stop for coffee while out for a ride that any women in the coffee shop stare at my crotch.I know spandex is tight and revealing but that is what we cyclists wear.I cannot help it that I protrude out of any spandex that I wear.They always giggle if they are with friends or they say"Did you see that" or they stare if they are alone.
My question is what is with that? I ride everyday and this happens everyday.I just do not understand why women are like that!

G.

Originally posted by guidebar
Why is it that every time I stop for coffee while out for a ride that any women in the coffee shop stare at my crotch.I know spandex is tight and revealing but that is what we cyclists wear.I cannot help it that I protrude out of any spandex that I wear.They always giggle if they are with friends or they say"Did you see that" or they stare if they are alone.
My question is what is with that? I ride everyday and this happens everyday.I just do not understand why women are like that!

G.

Now you know how every woman feels when guys stare at their breasts! ;)

PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS...the only one staring at my crotch is the dog, and I think he just wants to bite me!

Reactions: Starsax
Originally posted by Harrow
Now you know how every woman feels when guys stare at their breasts! ;)

GOOD POINT I THANK YOU FOR THAT BECAUSE I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY!

G.;)

Maybe you should check with someone you trust whether your nicks are worn out so that they are now see-through...

GOOD POINT I THANK YOU FOR THAT BECAUSE I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY!

G.;)

Perhaps you're not entirely in touch with your feminine side? :D

G.

did you read the "are you a cycling dork" thread?
yes we cyclist wear spandex cycle shorts but on
our bikes, it's dis tasteful in my opinion to go public
stores in them, i seen a guy in a GROCERY store
with them on and i though what a DORK!:eek:

G.

If you spend too much time in the saddle, blood flow to that region is restricted. This causes important parts to shrink, even makes them turn into 'innies'. I'm just wondering if they're trying to determine M/F? :p

Originally posted by bioguy
If you spend too much time in the saddle, blood flow to that region is restricted. This causes important parts to shrink, even makes them turn into 'innies'. I'm just wondering if they're trying to determine M/F? :p

lol good point, maybe it's a camel toe!

actually this is how I picked up my wife. :)

After the hyper to hyper (a 100km race) we normaly picnic at the Vaal river. Anyway, the family were there to meet us, and my cycling buddy's girlfriend brought her friend with. Anyway, I did notice her staring but as I was so tired I did not take that much notice.

After a few weeks of dating she revealed that she was staring at my "package" and was impressed. I did not want to spoil her thoughts by revealing that is was probably the chamois that made it look bigger. hehehe

Since when does wearing lycra make you a dork??? Perhaps this view is spread by those who are too self-conscious or embarassed by their own lack of tone. To those who look good in lycra; continue to make the world a more beautiful place! Lycra=sporty=COOL! To the women who can't help but stare...

My cycling club does a ride where we do a morning ride, stop for lunch at a restaurant, and then do an afternoon ride. We all sit there in our spandex. Is this dorky?

Originally posted by bikerchas55
Since when does wearing lycra make you a dork??? Perhaps this view is spread by those who are too self-conscious or embarassed by their own lack of tone. To those who look good in lycra; continue to make the world a more beautiful place! Lycra=sporty=COOL! To the women who can't help but stare...

is what makes you a dork in lycra is when you go out in
public in them off the bike, stores, coffee shops, ect.
not to mention the saddle sores that will start growing.

Originally posted by bikerchas55

is what makes it dorky is wearing them off the bike public.
coffee shops, stores, ect.

Originally posted by bioguy
My cycling club does a ride where we do a morning ride, stop for lunch at a restaurant, and then do an afternoon ride. We all sit there in our spandex. Is this dorky?

YES VERY!!

Originally posted by ouzo
actually this is how I picked up my wife. :)

After the hyper to hyper (a 100km race) we normaly picnic at the Vaal river. Anyway, the family were there to meet us, and my cycling buddy's girlfriend brought her friend with. Anyway, I did notice her staring but as I was so tired I did not take that much notice.

After a few weeks of dating she revealed that she was staring at my "package" and was impressed. I did not want to spoil her thoughts by revealing that is was probably the chamois that made it look bigger. hehehe

how many affairs has she had on you?

My wife & I checked out some tour stages this year & we came home with some photos.

I overheard my wife & a friend of her's looking at the photos:

Friend: 'Where do you look?' (meaning how do you perv without staring...)
Wife: 'Oh, you get used to it'....

interesting, but as a lady, I prefer the well profiled flanks.
Must be due to living in a AFL dominated state (Vic). Hmmm, strapping young lads in shorts.

G.

Ignore It. We live in a puritanical society. Just pretend you are in Europe and don't give it any power. Or just take it as flattery...