Spandex and Women.

If it bothers you that much, you could switch to MTB baggies -- lycra/chamois inside, something a bit less revealing outside.

Originally posted by bioguy
My cycling club does a ride where we do a morning ride, stop for lunch at a restaurant, and then do an afternoon ride. We all sit there in our spandex. Is this dorky?
Miss Manners would never approve.

"PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS...the only one staring at my crotch is the dog, and I think he just wants to bite me!"

Now that's funny!!!

Tmax1

Originally posted by cfsmtb
interesting, but as a lady, I prefer the well profiled flanks.
Must be due to living in a AFL dominated state (Vic). Hmmm, strapping young lads in shorts.

I quite agree with you.

I'm not an ardent feminist or anything like that but it always used to annoy me when men made remarks about womens derrieres, either within sports or walking about in jeans etc. My friends and I decided that we would retaliate and upset the menfolk, so we'd comment on anything masculine.

One afternoon there was a cycle race on the box and the camera's showed the rear views and from then on it got to be a bit of a joke, and so it has continued since then.

There are a fair few of us perusing now whenever cyclings on, and during the Grand Tours we try to pick out the best in our humble opinions. I must admit that the Italians seem to come out on top, they just have the better definition. This year my choice was from Saeco No 55 Paolo Fornaciari, I took a brilliant picture of him in Paris at the Stade de France which I didn't realise until I got home and put it on the computer,

Wish I had a package that women stared at. LOL ! Next time it happens do what Mel Gibson did in the movie What Women Want.
Or just grin to yourself and thank your lucky stars they even bother to check you out! LOL

its actually quite uncomfortable riding with a salami or a rolled up pair of socks stuffed down the knicks!...have to get rid of the chamios.

cheers

Hitchy

Why would Chicks staring at your meatpipe be a problem?? Let em look at the menu all they want, if their Hot ask if they want the daily special LOL.

So if you are off the bike wear something over them? Why is it wrong to wear them off the bike when you are in the middle of a club ride.

Originally posted by guidebar
Why is it that every time I stop for coffee while out for a ride that any women in the coffee shop stare at my crotch.I know spandex is tight and revealing but that is what we cyclists wear.I cannot help it that I protrude out of any spandex that I wear.They always giggle if they are with friends or they say"Did you see that" or they stare if they are alone.
My question is what is with that? I ride everyday and this happens everyday.I just do not understand why women are like that!

G.

If this really gets on your nerves, do what I do - loop it around your waist and tie a knot in it.

But seriously, the only problem I have with ladies staring at me is that they don't do it that much any more. Enjoy it while it lasts...

Originally posted by guidebar
Why is it that every time I stop for coffee while out for a ride that any women in the coffee shop stare at my crotch.
G.

I never had such a laugh as when a club rider stuck his water bottle under his lycra shorts and ...there it was ..it even looked real because of the impression from the nipple area.

I never laughed so hard in my life.

Originally posted by JohnO
If this really gets on your nerves, do what I do - loop it around your waist and tie a knot in it.

But seriously, the only problem I have with ladies staring at me is that they don't do it that much any more. Enjoy it while it lasts...

YOu know . YOu could stick your MONEY or WALLET in there and the staring would resume.
As I get older, I find that I sometimes think it a bit more exciting to watch a fat wallet coming out ...........heeee.

Wow this group could do stand up! I will take some of those great suggestions and put them to good use!I must admit though,this thread has turned out to be great!:p