Spandex and Women.

Originally posted by less'go
From their smirks, it almost looks like the guys are aware of the princess's focus on their apendages... But seriously, what's the deal with their jumpsuits there? Couldn't they be fit with a little stategically placed reinforcement panel for modesty's sake?

Having done some competitive rowing as a schoolboy, I believe I can allay any concerns you have that rowers as a group of athletes are grandstanding their assets.

The tightness of their "jumpsuits" is deliberate tailoring. The derrière sits on a sliding seat and is the pivotal point between using the arms and legs. To avoid abrading and losing the smoothness and suppleness, the shorts have to be very, very tight at the rear to prevent friction with the skin. A by product of being purpose designed tight at the rear, the shorts have to be tight and embracing at the front.

It is not a case of if you got it why not flaunt it :)

In competitive beach surf boats the rowers wear Speedo type swimming costumes and are not afforded the same protection to their rears. The universal solution is for these rowers, both men and women, to give themselves a "wedgy" so their bare cheeks make contact with the seat. It looks an odd sight to the uninitiated.

The Royal Windsors have become nearly notorious for their dalliances over the years (Chuck/Camilla, Randy Andy). Princess Anne is quite a humorous person who speaks her mind. I would suggest she said something to the following effect:

"Oh my, we are big boys, aren't we? Errr ... I mean ..um.. tall."

Originally posted by zaskar
YES VERY!!

No, it's not, at least not in my book. It's only dorky if the lycra wearer is a poser.

I have friends who don't own cars (I don't have a car either, by the way) and they don't have much else to wear besides biking gear.

Being a girl, I have plenty of other clothes to wear, but I'm not going to hesitate to go to the store if I need to just because I am riding my bike.

Originally posted by Dani Weber
No, it's not, at least not in my book. It's only dorky if the lycra wearer is a poser.

what would you qualify as a "poser?" just curious

Originally posted by keydates
what would you qualify as a "poser?" just curious

Someone who wears biking gear in order to look athletic but is only going to the gym to spin or otherwise isn't a real rider. Not that spinning isn't a good exercise if you are doing it in order to improve your form, but there are people who have the biking gear and the shoes and never see the light of day. Those are posers.

And then there's the men who buy the top end Colnagos and Litespeeds who can't keep up with me on my mountain bike on the road- they are posers too.

So people should buy **** bikes just because they may not be as fast as someone else? Why not buy the best you can afford? I buy the best tools I can afford, because they will perform better and last longer. Why not buy a beautiful machine that you know will be wonderful to ride--even if it is 15 miles an hour?

As long as it is being ridden!!

Peace

Cam

Originally posted by cammac725
So people should buy **** bikes just because they may not be as fast as someone else? Why not buy the best you can afford? I buy the best tools I can afford, because they will perform better and last longer. Why not buy a beautiful machine that you know will be wonderful to ride--even if it is 15 miles an hour?

As long as it is being ridden!!

Peace

Cam

I agree totally I see people driving Ferraris and am pretty sure they don't race,people with top dollar golf clubs that will never win a tournament and so on.
If you got it enjoy it. It keeps the economy going. And a 15 mph pace is not bad on some of the roads in my area. /
/
/
/
/
/ __________________ /
Moderate climb ahead .

I love spandex and it loves me. I love women in spandex, providing they have the body for it. If they don't, I usually start to feel sick at my stomach.

Wearing spandex in stores= BIG NO NO. Unless you are buying some Gatorade or something for the ride. Spandex is not causal wear lol.

Aight, I've said my quick 2 cents

zaskar said:
did you read the "are you a cycling dork" thread?
yes we cyclist wear spandex cycle shorts but on
our bikes, it's dis tasteful in my opinion to go public
stores in them, i seen a guy in a GROCERY store
with them on and i though what a DORK!:eek:

I cannot believe that cyclists actually think this.
So if I'm cycling home from work one day and suddenly remember that I've got no milk at home. Am I supposed to find a discreet telephone box before I pop in to my local Sainsburys. Be real.

I was a crew coxswain (the little person yelling in front of the boat) and everything in rowing IS sexual...no ****, the princess couldnt help but look....there is the slide, the catch, the drive, recovery...its all there in rowing! The spandex is just part of the necessary `equiptment`...

Regardless, I dont like to hang around in my spandex...but if I have them on and I stop I certainly am not going to worry about carrying extra clothes...I was on the train in Tokyo (after having ridden there) and was transporting my bike and still in my gear after a 6 hour jaunt and I was asked out to dinner!

Perhaps spandex treats some of us better than others...

e

Well, I had become quite the celebrity in my neighbourhood and finally I realized one day that my knicks were worn out in the front! It's time for a new pair!Geez :eek: :eek:

I wear tight shiny black spandex because I don't like the loose ones they keep falling down. Quite a few women look at my crotch and give me a smile and I think it's a great conversation piece

guidebar said:
I cannot help it that I protrude out of any spandex that I wear. They always giggle if they are with friends or they say"Did you see that" or they stare if they are alone.
Hey guidebar ... wake up ... the ocean's on the phone for you.

Harrow said:
Now you know how every woman feels when guys stare at their breasts! ;)
I am a guy and I wear extra tight shiny spandex and I don't mind women staring at me they usually give me a smile and start a conversation saying something like i love that color black your are wearing

Dani Weber said:

I have friends who don't own cars (I don't have a car either, by the way) and they don't have much else to wear besides biking gear.

Being a girl, I have plenty of other clothes to wear, but I'm not going to hesitate to go to the store if I need to just because I am riding my bike.
You go girl I like that attitude I am a guy and spandex worn extra tight keep the muscles tone

frankie27 said:
You go girl I like that attitude I am a guy and spandex worn extra tight keep the muscles tone
Ooops, sorry. I thought it was Spanx and women. Must go to Specsavers.

Spandex is not for everyone. I know people hate them. Hanging out with people who wear spandex think of it of being a member of a club that fell the same about their sports mentality. Whenever you see someone wearing them think of them as someone form your club

bioguy said:
My cycling club does a ride where we do a morning ride, stop for lunch at a restaurant, and then do an afternoon ride. We all sit there in our spandex. Is this dorky?
Your all in the same club so enjoy it

frankie27 said:
Are there any females out there that like to see more men in spandex