Spandex and Women.

When I was living in Monterey CA I would get all kinds of cat calls on the bike. Especially on the long rides around Santa Cruz. I even had this red Bug roll up next to me, the girls took one look, pulled over, caught up again, and pulled out one of those nice little didgital cameras. Now I might be someone's wall paper. I like the attention, it makes me laugh. Btw, if you go to a coffee shop after a ride in spandex, as long as your bike is in site, and there's someone else with you, your not a dork. Btw look up "dork" in the dictionary, I don't know any guy who doesn't want that, females either.

Originally posted by DiabloScott
Not exactly cycling but...
see attached

Biiiiiggggg roaring hoot of a laugh for that pick! They really outta' brush those things to the side or something! I have always thought it would be so strang to have such an appendage to have to deal with (that is to say if it were my own ;-) )between the legs!

All us girls have to worry about making a neat package of fits nicely, comfortably, and flatteringly into a sports bra!

Originally posted by guidebar
Why is it that every time I stop for coffee while out for a ride that any women in the coffee shop stare at my crotch.

Heck, when that happens to me I just reach under my jersey, into my bib shorts and straighten things out a bit, they sure stop looking pretty darn quickly!!!!

Originally posted by Julian Radowsky
Heck, when that happens to me I just reach under my jersey, into my bib shorts and straighten things out a bit, they sure stop looking pretty darn quickly!!!!

That is hilarious I will try it!

Next time you stop and get ready to go in, take an extra sock with you , wad it up and put it down your el crotch-o (in the front,if you haven't figured that out yet) and give them something to really stare at. The women stare at my crotch even when I don't wear spandex............sweeeeet.

Originally posted by guidebar
Why is it that every time I stop for coffee while out for a ride that any women in the coffee shop stare at my crotch.I know spandex is tight and revealing but that is what we cyclists wear.I cannot help it that I protrude out of any spandex that I wear.They always giggle if they are with friends or they say"Did you see that" or they stare if they are alone.
My question is what is with that? I ride everyday and this happens everyday.I just do not understand why women are like that!

G.

Be thankful they don't look, then laugh, or call you "Shorty" or "Stumpy!" :D

If they giggle excitedly, perhaps you can hook-up! ;)

Originally posted by Babbar
Be thankful they don't look, then laugh, or call you "Shorty" or "Stumpy!" :D

If they giggle excitedly, perhaps you can hook-up! ;)

Is it a bad thing when their jaws drop. I have somewhat lumpy looking legs which gets attention from men and women. It actually gets embaressing when people point it out to others and say oh my dog. . . (ok, so I'm a bit dyslexic)

and NO, I'm not posting pictures of "lumpy legs" to explain what I mean.

You don't have to post picture, Ratty, the sight of those bulging thighs is branded on our collective retina...

I for one cannot stop myself from checking out cyclists, although I actually tend to start by admiring mens' calves. As per scrutinizing the crotch area of a spandex-clad man, I will not swear that I have never done it (albeit discretely). It is terribly hard to judge a book by it's cover in these matters.

Good thing though that you feelows are so very respectful and never let your gaze wander below our chins :) !

Originally posted by less'go
You don't have to post picture, Ratty, the sight of those bulging thighs is branded on our collective retina...

I for one cannot stop myself from checking out cyclists, although I actually tend to start by admiring mens' calves. As per scrutinizing the crotch area of a spandex-clad man, I will not swear that I have never done it (albeit discretely). It is terribly hard to judge a book by it's cover in these matters.

Good thing though that you feelows are so very respectful and never let your gaze wander below our chins :) !

Wow I feel all dirty and used now knowing how you girls really are.
Thats ok! I enjoy being dirty and used. :D

I must show this thread to my kids because I have been known to 'perv' (my eldests saying not mine) the derrieres, much classier than lunchboxes, and can be done in the rear view mirror if they're going the other way.

I'm adding a piccie of Paolo Fornaciari at last years tour, there is something about Italians. Its rather naughtily titled 'cracking walnuts' !!!

As Veloflash said, an airbrush is an amazing tool. :D Quick question though, if girlies don't like us admiring the area below your chins, why is silicon so popular?

To quote a certain Rat who said, "flattery only works on two kinds of people, men and women" Oh that was my philosphical moment while suffering up the boulders in the Jock last year. Or was it the year before. Or was it. . .

er, what was I saying ;)

For the record, I never said it bothers me that you guys check us out (if done in good taste). I think it's rather flattering sometimes.

Originally posted by Ratty
As Veloflash said, an airbrush is an amazing tool. :D Quick question though, if girlies don't like us admiring the area below your chins, why is silicon so popular?

To quote a certain Rat who said, "flattery only works on two kinds of people, men and women" Oh that was my philosphical moment while suffering up the boulders in the Jock last year. Or was it the year before. Or was it. . .

er, what was I saying ;)

For the record, I never said it bothers me that you guys check us out (if done in good taste). I think it's rather flattering sometimes.

That's a REALLY noce blouse you're wearing today Sara. ;) Nice skirt too. :D

Why thank you, and I just wanted to mention how much I like your blue jeans...

Why thank you, and I just wanted to mention how much I like your blue jeans...

But you told me to take them off. . .:D

Originally posted by DiabloScott
Not exactly cycling but...
see attached

The presenter, who appears unashamedly mesmerised, is Princess Anne, only daughter of Queen Betty, and an IOC member. In her IOC capacity, she is not known to be in receipt of largesse so it appears she had opted for the fringe benefits.

The coxless four crew (please, no criticisms about my spelling and facts :)) are Australian. It is not the "oarsome foursome" who won gold at Barcelona and Atlanta.

Fixey, you are a rower. Maybe you can identify them.

That picture is hysterical!

Originally posted by VeloFlash
The presenter, who appears unashamedly mesmerised, is Princess Anne, only daughter of Queen Betty, and an IOC member. In her IOC capacity, she is not known to be in receipt of largesse so it appears she had opted for the fringe benefits.

The coxless four crew (please, no criticisms about my spelling and facts :)) are Australian. It is not the "oarsome foursome" who won gold at Barcelona and Atlanta.

Fixey, you are a rower. Maybe you can identify them.

From their smirks, it almost looks like the guys are aware of the princess's focus on their apendages... But seriously, what's the deal with their jumpsuits there? Couldn't they be fit with a little stategically placed reinforcement panel for modesty's sake?