ASO us US riders yes, with a catch...

Mike Jacoubowsky

Guest
As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.

*No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways and a
couple of stage wins.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.
>
> *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways and a
> couple of stage wins.

Not at all. I have two theories about how they got in:

- They are the team that, in combination with Astana's
exclusion, best pokes a stick in the eye of the UCI.

- They have good looking kit, which counter-balances
High Load's ass ugly kit.

Bob Schwartz

In article <[email protected]>,
Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> > As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.
> >
> > *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways and
> > couple of stage wins.

> Not at all. I have two theories about how they got in:
>
> - They are the team that, in combination with Astana's
> exclusion, best pokes a stick in the eye of the UCI.
>
> - They have good looking kit, which counter-balances
> High Load's ass ugly kit.

At least their shorts are black. The one good thing about their kit, imo.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

> As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.
>
> *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways and
> a couple of stage wins.

Pssst.... Mike. That American flag you've wrapped yourself in has shifted
and everyone can see that Trek tattoo on your ass.

On Mar 20, 2:56 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.
>
> *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways and a
> couple of stage wins.

dumbass,

it's not all about you.

astana (which is registered in LUX) only has two US riders.

the ASO's decison to exclude astana and invite slipsteam to the tour
wasn't based on astana's US riders, it was based on what they thought
of those teams.

TM wrote:
> Pssst.... Mike. That American flag you've wrapped yourself in has shifted
> and everyone can see that Trek tattoo on your ass.

Where can I get a Campag tattoo for my ass ?

>> As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.
>>
>> *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways
>> and a couple of stage wins.
>>

> Pssst.... Mike. That American flag you've wrapped yourself in has shifted
> and everyone can see that Trek tattoo on your ass.

It's not a tattoo, it's a bright neon sign, and you'd have to be pretty much
blind not to see it, even through that American flag.

On Mar 21, 8:52 am, Amit Ghosh <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2:56 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.

> > *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways and a
> > couple of stage wins.

> dumbass,
>
> it's not all about you.
>
> astana (which is registered in LUX) only has two US riders.
>
> the ASO's decison to exclude astana and invite slipsteam to the tour
> wasn't based on astana's US riders, it was based on what they thought
> of those teams.

agree. It has to do with past history, possibility of
future embarrassment, Johan (who is not US), and so on.
they are probably confident that Sideburns's team isn't
going to have any unpleasant mid-tour revelations, and
if they're lucky, maybe a cinderella story. ASO likes
beautiful losers, not because they're French, but
because they make good news copy.

Ben

>>> As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.
>>>
>>> *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways
>>> and a couple of stage wins.

>> Pssst.... Mike. That American flag you've wrapped yourself in has
>> shifted and everyone can see that Trek tattoo on your ass.

> It's not a tattoo, it's a bright neon sign, and you'd have to be pretty
> much blind not to see it, even through that American flag.

Don't get hooked by someone fishing Mike. I almost always agree with you and
when I don't the differences are slight.

On Mar 21, 6:58 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> agree. It has to do with past history, possibility of
> future embarrassment, Johan (who is not US), and so on.

dumbass,

the word "astana" became a punchline after last year's tour.

so much that wearing an astana jersey became a cheesy joke like
writing "HGH" on your water bottle or "Birillo" on your top tube.

it was stupefying that they would keep the name astana for 2008, it
would be like starting a company in 2008 and calling it enron.

that has as much to do with their exclusion by the ASO as anything.

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> TM wrote:
> > Pssst.... Mike. That American flag you've wrapped yourself in has shifted
> > and everyone can see that Trek tattoo on your ass.

> Where can I get a Campag tattoo for my ass ?

rbr protocol calls for "a bright neon sign."

In article
<b4802e66-64ff-4a0a-bfa8-3314a729f543@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Amit Ghosh <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mar 21, 6:58 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > agree. It has to do with past history, possibility of
> > future embarrassment, Johan (who is not US), and so on.

> dumbass,
>
> the word "astana" became a punchline after last year's tour.
>
> so much that wearing an astana jersey became a cheesy joke like
> writing "HGH" on your water bottle or "Birillo" on your top tube.
>
> it was stupefying that they would keep the name astana for 2008, it
> would be like starting a company in 2008 and calling it enron.

Or some EPO manufacturer sponsoring a seven day stage race.

--
Michael Press

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...

| >> Pssst.... Mike. That American flag you've wrapped yourself in has
| >> shifted and everyone can see that Trek tattoo on your ass.
| >
| > It's not a tattoo, it's a bright neon sign, and you'd have to be pretty
| > much blind not to see it, even through that American flag.
|
| Don't get hooked by someone fishing Mike. I almost always agree with you
and
| when I don't the differences are slight.

Don't misunderstand; it doesn't bother me at all for someone to say that. I
wear my biases out in the open.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> Don't misunderstand; it doesn't bother me at all for someone to say that.
> I wear my biases out in the open.

Biasses, perhaps.

Amit Ghosh wrote:
> cyclists would ride for a company that makes coal fired torture chambers
> if that's who sponsored their team.

I wonder if Haliburton makes waterboards.

"Mike Jacoubowsky"

> I wear my biases out in the open.

Then why get all xenophobic because some cheesehead sponsored the wrong
team?

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message

> I almost always agree with you and when I don't the differences are
> slight.

There's a sobering thought for you, Mike.

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> As long as you've got a French-style team*, they'll take US riders.
>
> *No chance at the final podium, but good prospects for long breakaways and a
> couple of stage wins.

Long breakaway? Check.

Even so, Slipstream is lucky ASO made the announcement before anyone
could notice that they only finished three riders at M-SR.

Bob Schwartz