Carrizo Gorge ~VIDEO~

Bill Porter

Guest
http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/Ca Carrizo Gorge located in Jacumba approximately 70 miles
east of San Diego is not your typical mountain bike ride. 99 percent of this ride is way easy riding
adjacent to the railroad tracks that go between Jacumba and the town of Octillo. Of course the other
1 percent has some technical spots combined with extreme exposure. This ride is done for the
incredible views not the trail itself.

We did this ride on New Year's Day 2004 since it was the last day you could ride there before they
start issuing tickets as they intend to restart train service sometime this year.

Here is the video http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/CarrizoGorgeWeb.mpg

For the full review as well as some pics look for the page in the San Diego section of my website.

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few processes
running. The sound is fine.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040111024906.13641.00002571@mb-
m10.aol.com...
> Nice Video Cool tunes Thanks Bob

Other videos I've downloaded do NOT exhibit this BTW.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
> goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few processes
> running. The sound is fine.
>
> --
> - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)
>

> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040111024906.13641.00002571@mb-
> m10.aol.com...
> > Nice Video Cool tunes Thanks Bob

Same problem, chopping in Windows Media Player 9; works fine in Win DVD 4. First problem I have had
with any of Bill's videos.

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
> goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few processes
> running. The sound is fine.
>
> --
> - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)
>

> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040111024906.13641.00002571@mb-
> m10.aol.com...
> > Nice Video Cool tunes Thanks Bob

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:14:00 -0500, "Zilla"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
>goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few processes
>running. The sound is fine.

Hmm trying to figure this one out. I have it running on a W2K server, with Media Player 7 on a jo
blow Video Card and a XP with AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB, and Radeon AIW8500DV with Media Player 9

Could I get a few folks who have it working to tell me what they have it running on, as well as
those having problems.

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

worked fine for me.

XP, P4 1.6 GHz, cheap ass video card that is old and I can't even remember what kind it
is....................

Michael "yeah, yeah, yeah. top posting is fine sometimes" Paul

news:[email protected]...

Bill Porter wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:14:00 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
>>goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few processes
>>running. The sound is fine.
>

> Hmm trying to figure this one out. I have it running on a W2K server, with Media Player 7 on a jo
> blow Video Card and a XP with AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB, and Radeon AIW8500DV with Media Player 9

Works beautifully here, Quicktime 6.5 on OS X, 2x800Mhz G4 with an old nVidia card.

Greg

Bill Porter wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:14:00 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
>> goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few
>> processes running. The sound is fine.
>
> Hmm trying to figure this one out. I have it running on a W2K server, with Media Player 7 on a jo
> blow Video Card and a XP with AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB, and Radeon AIW8500DV with Media Player 9
>
> Could I get a few folks who have it working to tell me what they have it running on, as well as
> those having problems.
>
> Bill Porter

I have this same problem. Running a P4 2.66, 1GB, ATI 7500, XP Pro w/Media 9 player.

I just ran a little test and played the video in Quick Time. I played perfectly, no problems.

Looks like it's another MS problem.
--
Slacker

WinXp home P4 2.8mhz, 1024MB ram, ATI 9800 pro graphics card with 128MB. Windows Media Player 9
choppy, Win DVD4 perfect.

Bill Porter wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:14:00 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
>> goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few
>> processes running. The sound is fine.
>
> Hmm trying to figure this one out. I have it running on a W2K server, with Media Player 7 on a jo
> blow Video Card and a XP with AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB, and Radeon AIW8500DV with Media Player 9
>
> Could I get a few folks who have it working to tell me what they have it running on, as well as
> those having problems.
>
> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

I run it on Win2k/SP4, WMP 9, and an nVidia GeForce Ti
w/ 64MB DDR. Again other videos from other sites do not exhibit this behavior. I'll investigate on
my end too.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

Bill Porter wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:14:00 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
>> goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few
>> processes running. The sound is fine.
>
> Hmm trying to figure this one out. I have it running on a W2K server, with Media Player 7 on a jo
> blow Video Card and a XP with AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB, and Radeon AIW8500DV with Media Player 9
>
> Could I get a few folks who have it working to tell me what they have it running on, as well as
> those having problems.
>
> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Also I have NO problem running the original MilesCrash*.mpg you posted on your site.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

Michael Paul wrote:
> worked fine for me.
>
> XP, P4 1.6 GHz, cheap ass video card that is old and I can't even remember what kind it
> is....................
>
> Michael "yeah, yeah, yeah. top posting is fine sometimes" Paul

it's No not.

gGre

G.T. wrote:
> Bill Porter wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:14:00 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> Why does the video play "chopilly" on my machine? It goes for 1 sec, then stops for one sec, and
>>> goes again, and the cycle repeats. I have an AMD Athlon Tbird 1800 w/ 512MB DDR with few
>>> processes running. The sound is fine.
>>

>> Hmm trying to figure this one out. I have it running on a W2K server, with Media Player 7 on a jo
>> blow Video Card and a XP with AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB, and Radeon AIW8500DV with Media Player 9
>>

> Works beautifully here, Quicktime 6.5 on OS X, 2x800Mhz G4 with an old nVidia card.

I'll try it tomorrow at work, on something like WMP 9, P4 2.6, Win2k.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> Michael Paul wrote:
>> worked fine for me.
>>
>> XP, P4 1.6 GHz, cheap ass video card that is old and I can't even remember what kind it
>> is....................
>>
>> Michael "yeah, yeah, yeah. top posting is fine sometimes" Paul
>
> it's No not.
>
> gGre

oLo!

"Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote

> Could I get a few folks who have it working to tell me what they have it running on, as well as
> those having problems.

standard HP PIII 850, W2003Server, 340MB ram, i810 integrated video, playing it in IrfanView. Sony
PIII 800 VAIO laptop, XPPro, 256MBRam....playing in WMP9.

Plays just fine in both.

Pete

Slacker wrote:

> I have this same problem. Running a P4 2.66, 1GB, ATI 7500, XP Pro w/Media 9 player.
>
> I just ran a little test and played the video in Quick Time. I played perfectly, no problems.
>
> Looks like it's another MS problem.
> --
> Slacker

Of course it is. My outdated Mac plays it beautifully. At full screen, with other
programs running.

Miles

miles todd wrote:

> Slacker wrote:
>

>> I have this same problem. Running a P4 2.66, 1GB, ATI 7500, XP Pro
>> w/Media 9 player.
>>
>> I just ran a little test and played the video in Quick Time. I played perfectly, no problems.
>>
>> Looks like it's another MS problem.
>> --
>> Slacker
>>

> Of course it is. My outdated Mac plays it beautifully. At full screen, with other programs
> running.

It wasn't until I returned to work in an almost pure MS environment last February that I started
realizing how truly grateful that I made the switch to my G4 and OS X at home two years ago. No
threat of worms, no spyware, and my system is perfectly useable when burning a DVD unlike every
burning software/hardware/OS combo we have at work.

It's insane how many of our Windows users are completely unaware that their machines are riddled
with malware, some of the stuff they naively knowingly install but 90% if it is installed without
their knowing it and none of them have admin rights on their computers, we're 95% Win2k and 4% XP
(and 1% OS X). When URL hijackers start taking them to bogus search sites I run SpyBot or Adaware
and their amazed that they have so much **** running on their computers.

That's my job rant of the day.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> miles todd wrote:
>

>> Slacker wrote:
>>

>>> I have this same problem. Running a P4 2.66, 1GB, ATI 7500, XP Pro
>>> w/Media 9 player.
>>>
>>> I just ran a little test and played the video in Quick Time. I played perfectly, no problems.
>>>
>>> Looks like it's another MS problem.
>>> --
>>> Slacker
>>>

>> Of course it is. My outdated Mac plays it beautifully. At full screen, with other programs
>> running.
>>

> It wasn't until I returned to work in an almost pure MS environment last February that I started
> realizing how truly grateful that I made the switch to my G4 and OS X at home two years ago. No
> threat of worms, no spyware, and my system is perfectly useable when burning a DVD unlike every
> burning software/hardware/OS combo we have at work.
>
> It's insane how many of our Windows users are completely unaware that their machines are riddled
> with malware, some of the stuff they naively knowingly install but 90% if it is installed without
> their knowing it and none of them have admin rights on their computers, we're 95% Win2k and 4% XP
> (and 1% OS X). When URL hijackers start taking them to bogus search sites I run SpyBot or Adaware
> and their amazed that they have so much **** running on their computers.
>
> That's my job rant of the day.
>
> Greg

My wife runs AdAware as a matter of routine every couple of days or so, and her XP machine
is riddled with that stuff. I downloaded MacScan, ran it, saw that there was nothing lurking
on my OSX G3, and haven't really worried about it since. Ah, the beauty of an under-
supported (by virus, spyware, and worm coders) secure OS.

Miles

I just was able to view this in my Linux box. I ran AdAware on my Windoze box and will try to run it
again tonight.

-Zilla