Did You Ride Today?

I heard they were kicking the homeless off your regular trail...finally.

Yes, thank God! I guess the authorities finally discovered the threat of the disease, filth, and danger posed to the public and decided to move them out.

But they put all those homeless people up in hotels for 30 days. After finding thousands and thousands of syringes and needles along the trail of those camps, I sure feel sorry for those hotels.

Now they are planning on building 3 camps in nearby cities, nice cities. One along side a sports facility. Softball fields, soccer fields, parks, I can imagine what they are going to do to those facilities that are within 50 yards of the new camp. Poor people! You should see how they thrashed every single park, restroom, water fountain on the trail.

Another city, Irvine is planning to sue the county over it as Irvine is one of the planned camps. Irvine is a nice city, hope they win.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
Palm Sunday was the second straight day on the TT day. It takes this old body a good 5-6 rides to get adjusted to the position after not being on it during the winter. Each ride I'll increase the distance and in a couple weeks I should be back to normal on the bike.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeMh-3gBF9g

It got up to 41 degrees and the sun was still out. The wind was tough at almost 20 MPH steady with gusts to 25 MPH.

Just a short 18-mile loop with 400' of light climbing. A very nice ride other than the wind when I was into it.

Zipp, you guys still have huge piles of snow! We only have a very little bit left to melt here in Ohio.

Watch the roads! Those potholes are eating carbon wheels. Another guy posted on FB a pic of his totally destroy front Enve. There went a thousand dollar bill!

54 degrees today with the sun out. Unfortunately the wind was really nasty again. Anywhere from 14 to 16 MPH steady with gusts to almost 30 MPH.

Our roads are still trashed with grit and new holes opening up every day. With 4 days of rain expected for the rest of the week I fully expect the roads to really deteriorate and float huge patches out of the loose areas.

I got out for a tough 20 miles this afternoon. Only 500' of climbing, but the wind flattened me. With it at my back I was flying along and into it was like riding through 6" of mud. It was still better than sitting on the trainer!

Zipp, you guys still have huge piles of snow! We only have a very little bit left to melt here in Ohio.

I lost count but I think we were close to 40 inches of snow this month, crazy March.

I was out with the road bike today an did some climbing but had to really take it easy on the descent because the road got dug up real bad over winter. Really have to be alert and looking ahead out there.

50 degrees, but rain all day long. About an inch worth. The wind was at 9 to 12 MPH.

I hit the trainer for 2 hours and 6 minutes worth of London riding. I made it over Box hill just shy of a PR so the legs were working well. I went fake racing with a couple of fast groups of guys as we blasted along the Thames River. That was pretty fast and I was lucky to stick through all the surges in pace.

Alpe D'Zwift is supposedly going to be online next week. A new route with 3,000 feet of climbing. Sounds tough! Zwift website owner, Eric Min, did the climb in an hour and in my book that's a great effort. Even virtual elevation gain is a slow way to cover miles.

I lost count but I think we were close to 40 inches of snow this month, crazy March.

I was out with the road bike today an did some climbing but had to really take it easy on the descent because the road got dug up real bad over winter. Really have to be alert and looking ahead out there.

40"!!! That's insane! We had maybe 6", but it stayed sloppy because of the stupid cold that hung around after each little snow.

I've seen three pictures posted of carbon wheels that were busted by potholes. One guy was a sweet TT bike and went down. He's OK, but the wheel is toast and his nice ride was scratched up to the point the carbon is questionable.

Good ride on the road yesterday. I felt pretty good. Warm with a tailwind on the way back.

51 degrees and rain all day. Early afternoon it started to get foggy. Really foggy. By sunset I couldn't see 200'. The wind was almost calm at 3 MPH.

I got on the trainer and did 2 hour and 8 minutes riding the Surrey Hill Route. Fox Hill, Leith Hill, Box Hill and Keith Hill. With a little extra riding it was just under 3,000' of virtual climbing. Tempo was good, speed was good, endurance was good.

Only 2175 riders in the game. The roads were not crowded and I rode mostly solo the entire time.

I've seen three pictures posted of carbon wheels that were busted by potholes. One guy was a sweet TT bike and went down. He's OK, but the wheel is toast and his nice ride was scratched up to the point the carbon is questionable.

I've ridden carbon tri-spokes since they came out and have yet been able to destroy them, almost bomb proof. I know a lot of carbon wheels like my Reynolds have a weight limit. When riding I'm always scanning ahead because you just don't know when a new pothole has appeared. If I haven't been on a certain road in some time I'm a little more careful and won't fully attack the descent.

Yeah, Zipp, I know a lot of riders do not pay enough attention to the road conditions ahead. A guy I train with crashed twice in three years over stuff he didn't see coming. He 'thinks' it was a crack in the pavement that got him last year. Knocked silly. That was on a fast descent, but a straight one. Probably going 40 MPH when he lost it.

Did you watch the Team Sky Video in which some of their Pro brand (shimaNO) tri-spokes failed during the team time trial? Ouch!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxeyI_B4nEE

50 degrees today and once again it was an all-day rain. Just light to moderate, but it never stopped. The wind was going 8 to 16 MPH this afternoon.

I hit Zwift's newest road, the much awaited L'Alpe D'zwift. It's a pretty good replica of the Alpe D'Huez with 21 switchbacks and a steady 9% to 10 % gradient with pitches of up to 15%-15%. The fast guys were taking an hour to get up the climb. I took another 20 minutes!

Descending took 12 minutes at full throttle. I never let up all the way back down the Alpe and I hit just under 60 MPH. Two guys caught me half way down the mountain, but I hung with them all the way back into the jungle.

The graphics and animation on the climb were nothing short of amazing! It's the best work out of the Zwift team I've seen so far. You have to be a level 12 or higher to ride the Alpe, but anyone at any level can join a group ride that's doing that course and enjoy this awesome climb.

3,838' to the top, starting from the Volcano Circuit. A 7-mile warmup leads to the start of the climb and it's 15.7 Zwift miles total to the summit. Back down to the power-up arch in the jungle was 25 Zwift miles. My Garmin clocked 37.53 actual miles to the ride. 2 hours and 9 minutes of nothing but hard effort and fun!

Did you watch the Team Sky Video in which some of their Pro brand (shimaNO) tri-spokes failed during the team time trial? Ouch!

I saw that but that is a different brand and actual style of tri-spokes that I run. My tri-spokes started as Specialized then Hed bought the design many moons ago. The tri-spoke in the video is not a Hed and it's design has it tapper from the hub to the rim were as the Hed is the same thickness thru the entire spoke.

36 degrees, light morning snow flurries followed by a little ice and then rain. The wind was running 8 to 15 MPH.

I hit the trainer for round 2 with the Alpe du Zwift. Only 2 minutes slower today than yesterday. I'll take that! My legs were fried as I went through the 7 flat miles getting to that miserable hill.

The Fire And Ice Route is listed at 15.7 miles on Zwift and it clocks 32.5 miles to the top on my Garmin with 3838' feet of elevation gain. Virtually speaking, of course.

I continued up and out of the jungle after the ripping descent.

Strange thing...on the descent I was again reeled in by two other guys at about the same spot as I was caught by two guys yesterday! And just like yesterday, I boot stomped it the rest of the way back down the mountain with them and hunf with them through the light curtain re-entering the Jungle.

Ended up with 4,312' of vertical climbing and over 46 miles on the Garmin in 2 hours and 42 minutes worth of fun.

Yesterday the Wheel Of Fortune at the KOM rewarded me with the Laser Bullet aero helmet and today it gave me the polka dot KOM gloves.

50 degrees, overcast and the wind going nuts at 21 to 23 MPH with gusts to 31 MPH. And yes, the County put tons of fresh road grit, sand, cinders, ash and **** down yesterday morning for the one tenth of an inch of snow we had. that melted away on its own in a couple hours! Meh!

Took the Emonda out for a short 17-mile cruise and got blown all over the road. A fun ride and a decent workout when I was into the wind.

Only 550' of light climbing on an out and back course.

We had three days of light rain this week and the areal flooding from that little bit of rain is insane! I was planning on doing a loop course of 21 miles, but I had to turn around when I found the road was covered by 2' of water. Another road had about a foot of water flowing over it. Pastures and bottom land looked like lakes.

Beautiful day in East Tennessee. Watched my bro in law get married and got in a late ride with sunny skies and temps in the 60s.

35 degrees this morning with the sun shining and the wind going 7 to 10 MPH.

I did 1 Hr. and 20 Min. on the trainer riding Zwift's Road To Ruins Route and a quick Volcano Flat lap. 3,500 riders in the game this morning.

It's supposed to get up to 45 degrees today so maybe a short road ride this afternoon.

Happy Easter, everyone!

It eventually hit 70 but I started out on the road at the low 60s after sunrise service. Goldilocks zone. Eat your heart out Bob. Boat and cycling season is upon me.BBBB season. Beer, bike, boat bikini... not necessarily in that order.

FML! 6" of new snow this morning! This Winter is a nightmare that never ends.

Very similar to the April 1, 1996 blizzard that dumped 8"-10" of snow on us.

The roads were mostly clear this morning because they were warm enough to melt the snow as it fell. It's the usual wet, heavy stuff and will probably be mostly melted away in a day or three.. The vehicles and any cold surfaces had a full 6" on them and the yard was about 3"-4" deep.

Trees, limbs and power lines down everywhere. We lost power sometime last night, but it was back on when the wife woke me up as she was re-setting her alarm. I looked out the window to see if the 1"-3" the weather channel was predicting last night was real. It was.

Nephew left after Easter dinner for his new job in Chattanooga. He and his wife bought a house just across the Ga. border in Rossville.

37 degrees and the sun out. Most of the snow was melting away! Wind at 6 to 9 MPH and tomorrow is supposed be near 67 degrees...with rain, of course. We'll see!

I hit the trainer for a solid 2 Hrs. and 36 Min. worth of Zwift. I did the 3838' climb of Alpe Du Zwift for the third time. Over 4200' of virtual climbing total on this 46-mile ride.

Set a new FTP. Again, up by just one Watt. Whoop-tee-doo!

It was a fun ride and a decent effort. Got me to 94% of the way to the Tron bike!

Played paper boy (old Atari game) in Zwift yesterday and beaned four squirrels with my newspapers to earn some XP Points and I was beaning runners and cyclists with the audacity to pass me! LOL! It was fun...everone was riding paper boy type bicycles for April Fools day!