Ullrich in Discovery?

JohnO said:
Dumping Jan is bad PR, unless keeping him would have been worse.
If you would know how most media are campaigning against Jan the last 2/3 weeks you would know that dumping Jan was important for TM. TM's (the company) marketing people knew that they can't use Jan anymore.

TM is also campaigning: look at us we are for a clean sport, we are even dropping our team captain for that.

Time to face the facts, Ullrich's career is over. He will no doubt announce his retirement soon enough.

rejobako said:
For shame. The state of Florida is home to both the college and NBA trophies.
Florida State won the Final Four????? I thought they were a football (ex-)power!

:) :) :) :) :)

JRMDC said:
Florida State won the Final Four????? I thought they were a football (ex-)power!

:) :) :) :) :)
florida state? won the final four? :p wow. not a big bball fan, huh?

cheapie said:
florida state? won the final four? :p wow. not a big bball fan, huh?
It was a JOKE! Sheesh.

And I have to wonder how many Seminole and Hurricane fans, though Florida residents, would gain joy from the Gators having a championship. I didn't meet too many 'noles or Gators happy about the Hurricanes' many college football (american) champtionships.

Eurosport is reporting about negotiations. He's maybe closer to signing with Disco than we think. And Levi will be great domestique.
Maybe I'll have to delete question mark in title.

FWIW, on some Italian websites (including gazzetta.it) Jan is reportedly saying that he has no intention of retiring, and intends to race the Tour again, with the objective of winning it, to retire 'on top'.

whiteboytrash said:
...and whats better is everyone has forgotten about Landis and is more pumped about Ullrich joining DC ! Have we forgot that a ginger megs winning the Tour only a week ago.... shameless !
I was waiting for your post...
Some observations about whole this Disco - Ulle thing.
- After poor Tour for Disco they want some attention they didn't deserv in race
- I think their contract with Discovery is ending at the end of 2007. so they need something special next year if they want to keep this sponsor
- And it has to have something about trust in riders alleged for doping but not proven guilty

Andrija said:
I was waiting for your post...
Some observations about whole this Disco - Ulle thing.
- After poor Tour for Disco they want some attention they didn't deserv in race
- I think their contract with Discovery is ending at the end of 2007. so they need something special next year if they want to keep this sponsor
- And it has to have something about trust in riders alleged for doping but not proven guilty
:) honestly I can't keep up anymore with all the cycling news and that’s not talking about the racing !

If Ulle joins DC I will create a new thread: Discovery in complete control ?

Another one:

Jan Ullrich ne s'avoue pas vaincu. Le coureur allemand, exclu du Tour de France puis licencié par la T-Mobile, a toujours l'intention de remporter le Tour une deuxième fois. Pour ce faire, il cherche une nouvelle équipe et entend prouver son innocence. Le coureur allemand explique dans le quotidien suisse Blick être en contact avec la Discovery Channel.

http://www.velo-club.net/article?sid=33488

whiteboytrash said:
If Ulle joins DC I will create a new thread: Discovery in complete control ?
That's exactly what I've had in mind - How would WBT like the idea of his beloved cyclist riding for the team he hates (maybe too hard, but you surely don't love them much)?

cyclingheroes said:
Another one:

Jan Ullrich ne s'avoue pas vaincu. Le coureur allemand, exclu du Tour de France puis licencié par la T-Mobile, a toujours l'intention de remporter le Tour une deuxième fois. Pour ce faire, il cherche une nouvelle équipe et entend prouver son innocence. Le coureur allemand explique dans le quotidien suisse Blick être en contact avec la Discovery Channel.

http://www.velo-club.net/article?sid=33488
BBC is also reporting about negotiations.
Sorry, but I'm too lazy to post a link.

Andrija said:
That's exactly what I've had in mind - How would WBT like the idea of his beloved cyclist riding for the team he hates (maybe too hard, but you surely don't love them much)?
To be honest before June 30 i also wouldn't have like the idea, but i never liked the idea of going back to TM either. I don't like TM at all, i like the team, the riders, some of the people around it (Eule). I hate guys like Frommert. I wanted to do a diary thing with Eric Baumann around the Flemish week (E3, Tour of Flanders and Gent-Wevelgem), with Eric it was no problem but than you get the negociations with the guys from the TM company... Everything is controlled at TM and it's hard to work with them, free press???? Ha Ha.... TM never heard about that.

I think it would have been better for JU not to go back in 2004, but he did...
If he comes back and it's with DC, so be it, it can't be worse as TM.

T-Mobile in game again... If Jan gets cleared, only reason to stay with T-Mobile would be his team mates (if they all stay in the team). But is that strong enough reason to forget the way they sacked him?
Also there are many details to be negotiated with his new (or old) team. Everything this will take some time.