why is just armstrong accused of doping?

Miguel_garcia83 said:
everybody knows east german sports system, do we know american system? is the system of kelly white, tim montgomery, marion jones, lance armstrong??
as i have said many times, there is no clean rider, but armstrong is the dirtiest
NO clean riders? That is the most extreme case of hasty generalization I have ever seen. Are there dirty riders? Absolutely. Are there clean riders? Absolutely. Lance the dirtiest? Absolutely not. Lance dirty at all? Absolutely not.

Miguel_garcia83 said:
bassos progression...
2002: 11th
2003: 7th
2004: 3rd

there is a normal progression, do you want a table with lances pregression?
he didnt time trial before 1999, he didnt climb before 1999, and all of a sudden he turnt into the best time trialer and the best climber
Didn't time trial? Ummm....that's all a triathlete does. He was a triathlete and therefore I think he knew something about the TT before 1999.

MGM said:
true. and thats exactly what he did. But that does not mean that he didn't/does dope

Yeah but the point is, there's a bunch of people (some right here on this forum) who desperately want to attribute all of Armstrong's success to doping. It's almost comical! Did we see Verenque win multiple tours when he was busted using EPO? Any of the other Cofidis riders? Did we see David Millar win multiple Tours when he admitted using EPO? There are numerous riders who have been busted or have admitted to using EPO. None of them are multiple Tour winners.

birdman23 said:
Didn't time trial? Ummm....that's all a triathlete does. He was a triathlete and therefore I think he knew something about the TT before 1999.
i would love to hear what he did please, besides 4th place in world championship time trial 1998

birdman23 said:
NO clean riders? That is the most extreme case of hasty generalization I have ever seen. Are there dirty riders? Absolutely. Are there clean riders? Absolutely. Lance the dirtiest? Absolutely not. Lance dirty at all? Absolutely not.
i said it before... and ill say it again..
an american winning six yrs in a row in a European dominated sport is only explained by doping...
ppl fail to accept their butt getting handed to them by lance and live in denial..
Live STRONG!

btw if he did take EPO with his history with cancer...it wouldnt really help him..

Lance's progression was sped up by a thing called death

I think it would speed up everyones

he didnt think he would live forever anymore and didn't want to waste any time

Miguel_garcia83 said:
i would love to hear what he did please, besides 4th place in world championship time trial 1998
You said it yourself. I think 4th in the entire frikkin' world would mean he knows a little about the TT

meehs said:
Yeah but the point is, there's a bunch of people (some right here on this forum) who desperately want to attributs all of Armstrong's success on doping. It's almost comical! Did we see Verenque win multiple tours when he was busted using EPO? Any of the other Cofidis riders? Did we see David Millar win multiple Tours when he admitted using EPO? There are numerous riders who have been busted or have admitted to using EPO. None of them are multiple Tour winners.
i couldn't have put it better myself

eleven24 said:
And when Lance doesn't mysteriously die in his sleep? Will you be 90 years old telling everyone "You just wait, he's going to take a tumble and break a hip. THEN you'll all see".

More likely he and Armstrong with both be ninty years old and he'll still be saying; "Just you watch, that SOB is gonna drop dead any day now and when he does, they'll all see how right I am and how wrong they are." :D

birdman23 said:
You said it yourself. I think 4th in the entire frikkin' world would mean he knows a little about the TT
so you consider yourself that being 4th at this championship makes of you the greatest time trialer??wow impressive
olano won that championshiop and was 2nd in 95 and 4th in 2000, he should have won more time trials than lance, but he only won once, why is this?
why didnt armstrong do a good time trial until 1998?
why didnt armstrong didnt climb any pass until 1999?

Miguel_garcia83 said:
so you consider yourself that being 4th at this championship makes of you the greatest time trialer??wow impressive
olano won that championshiop and was 2nd in 95 and 4th in 2000, he should have won more time trials than lance, but he only won once, why is this?
why didnt armstrong do a good time trial until 1998?
why didnt armstrong didnt climb any pass until 1999?
You said he couldn't time trial. I simiply pointed out that taking fourth shows some ability to time trial.

Why didn't Michael Jordan win the NBA championship his first year or several years for that matter? Sometimes it takes time for people to fully reach their potential.

birdman23 said:
You said he couldn't time trial. I simiply pointed out that taking fourth shows some ability to time trial.

Why didn't Michael Jordan win the NBA championship his first year or several years for that matter? Sometimes it takes time for people to fully reach their potential.
being 4th at the world championship time trial shows you nothing, it can show you something if you win it, but not if you are 4th because there are not many riders that compete in it
and then we won the 3 time trials in the tour of france 1999, to olano, zulle, moreau...

Miguel_garcia83 said:
being 4th at the world championship time trial shows you nothing, it can show you something if you win it, but not if you are 4th because there are not many riders that compete in it
and then we won the 3 time trials in the tour of france 1999, to olano, zulle, moreau...
Yes and he also won the tour and he had never done that before so that obviously means he doped to win. blah blah blah.

Miguel_garcia83 said:
(Snip...)
what happened to rumsas? police found other substances in his wifes car
whats the difference between finding drugs in rumsas wifes car and being treated by doctor ferrari?

Thank you for this. This shows how quickly you jump to conclusions when the conclusions are what you wish to believe. There is a big difference between finding banned substances in your personal property and associating with someone who was or may have been connected to banned substances.

Ever hang around with anyone you knew used marijuana, cocaine, meth? Be honest.

Beastt said:
Thank you for this. This shows how quickly you jump to conclusions when the conclusions are what you wish to believe. There is a big difference between finding banned substances in your personal property and associating with someone who was or may have been connected to banned substances.

Ever hang around with anyone you knew used marijuana, cocaine, meth? Be honest.
not the cocaine and marihuana thing
one thing is hanging around and another thing being your personal coach and doctor, i dont see differences between rumsas affaire and amrstrongs..
one was caught and punished because his wife was caught with substances...so the personal doctor of someone is tha same as ones wife

Miguel_garcia83 said:
not the cocaine and marihuana thing
one thing is hanging around and another thing being your personal coach and doctor, i dont see differences between rumsas affaire and amrstrongs..
one was caught and punished because his wife was caught with substances...so the personal doctor of someone is tha same as ones wife
That is a laughable argument at best. Give us a break Miguel, I am going to have to take a break and visit the restroom so I don't wet myself from laughing so hard.

birdman23 said:
That is a laughable argument at best. Give us a break Miguel, I am going to have to take a break and visit the restroom so I don't wet myself from laughing so hard.
hey you lasted 80 posts of mine to wet yourself laughing, i do that everytime i see yours