29er Tubeless conversion question

mdutcher

Mar 23, 2004
Hello all~

I have a 29er and I have a question or 2 about converting it to tubeless with the use of Stan's rim strips. I currently am running some Bontrager Race wheels with some Bontrager Jones kevlar beaded tires. I was told that I would not have that great of success with trying to get these tires to stay mounted on the rims.

So, has anyone had success with kevlar beaded tires when converting their system to tubeless? Especially, Bontrager Jones tires?

Should I get a wire beaded tire?

What are you guys running on your 29er's if you have gone tubeless? Please let me know your thoughts. The pro's and con's to your set-up. Thanks a lot!!

mdutcher said:
Hello all~

I have a 29er and I have a question or 2 about converting it to tubeless with the use of Stan's rim strips. I currently am running some Bontrager Race wheels with some Bontrager Jones kevlar beaded tires. I was told that I would not have that great of success with trying to get these tires to stay mounted on the rims.

So, has anyone had success with kevlar beaded tires when converting their system to tubeless? Especially, Bontrager Jones tires?

Should I get a wire beaded tire?

What are you guys running on your 29er's if you have gone tubeless? Please let me know your thoughts. The pro's and con's to your set-up. Thanks a lot!!
I'll give you a bump on this one... I'm thinkin of getting a 29er and would like to know too.

Later,
MK