29er tubes and tires

IcyHot

Aug 24, 2006
Hello to all. I just purchased a 29er and am looking to get some good tubes and more street friendly tires (less rolling resistance). I am having trouble locating these for the 29" wheelset. Anybody have any advice on what to get and where to get it?

Thank you
IcyHot:)

IcyHot said:
Hello to all. I just purchased a 29er and am looking to get some good tubes and more street friendly tires (less rolling resistance). I am having trouble locating these for the 29" wheelset. Anybody have any advice on what to get and where to get it? :)
To run your 29ers on the street, you could get some 700x38 HYBRID tires ... not too fashionable or cool, but they'll fit your rims [622-17(?), OR are they wider?] ...

I had a 29er for a while, the rims were 622x19 (19mm measured internally). I used Conti City Contact Tyres in 700x32, although Sport Contact 700x28s would have been faster. :D

For tubes, Conti Tour 700 Slim for 28-32mm, Tour 700 All for 32mm and above.

Excellent tyre, they will be very comfortable, but for me too much wind resistance, I prefer under 35mm. :D

I am setting up a bike (14" Giant Upland) for a short lady next week, she is getting Conti City Contact 26x1.5 on 19mm rims, they look really nice and in good proportion to the frame and wheel. :cool: