a.b TdF thread? Yes? No? Maybe?

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:19:30 +1000, rooman wrote:

> you know the feeling - when you just HAVE to stop for a "natural"...
> (and its worse if your bladder reacts to caffeine and cold, makes our
> winter riding a lot of fun...!)

All of my group rides have a couple of regroup points where we wait and
do a head count before setting off again, usually at the tops of hills, so
anyone who needs a leak gets one there. I don't know how women
manage, though - there usually isn't enough cover for a modest squat.
I guess they just get good at holding on :)

> they are meant to only stop for a "natural break" when bystanders are
> few or absent and no close "meedya" presence, (so then the moto cameras
> start filming cows and haystacks)

When taking a **** on the fly, they'll wave any cameras in front of them
away first to find some interesting cows - I've seen that a few times.

> As for going en-roleúer thats why they often get a bidon of fresh water
> to "flush" the shoes & shorts with after a splash...

I haven't heard that one, but it sounds plausible.

Resound wrote:
>> I don't know how women
>> manage, though - there usually isn't enough cover for a modest squat.
>> I guess they just get good at holding on :)
>>

> That's what this is for: http://www.femalefreedom.ca/

Saw something similar but in soft plastic some 30 years ago. Paddy Palins
were selling them.

Theo

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:26:50 +1000, Resound wrote:

> That's what this is for: http://www.femalefreedom.ca/

It's not really a great substitute for making the right life choice and
growing a penis, though :)

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:55:25 +0930
Michael Warner <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:26:50 +1000, Resound wrote:
>
>> That's what this is for: http://www.femalefreedom.ca/

> It's not really a great substitute for making the right life choice and
> growing a penis, though :)

Oh come on, you don't believe that spam do you? It isn't going to
grow you know...

Zebee

On 2007-07-12, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:55:25 +0930
> Michael Warner <[email protected]> wrote:
>> It's not really a great substitute for making the right life choice and
>> growing a penis, though :)

> Oh come on, you don't believe that spam do you? It isn't going to
> grow you know...

I remember making the observation that, if I acted on all the spam I
receive, and if it was all genuine in its offerings, I would:
* be asleep all the time from the sleep meds;
* suffer a priapism;
* have breasts that fit into an 80ZZZZ cup (no comment on the band
size);
* have a penis that wraps around the world ten times;
* be worth billions of dollars, thanks to the many fortunes that
people want smuggled out of their home country;
* hold a fortune in stocks that skyrocketed just after I bought them;
* and many others that I'm sure you can fill in for yourself.

And to keep it on topic for the group: I must get back on my bike soon
.... it will be Interesting to see how I fare with the cold weather ...
(been too sick to be comfortable cycling in the past few weeks.)

Would the top guys like
Robbie McEwen stop for a ****? Surely they couldn't make it back.

Funny you should mention Robbie. During the live Eurosport coverage the commentators were chatting idly and then along rides Robbie.. whips out his todger, mid-shot, commentators are "woah Robbie natural break blah" and camera pans away quickly..

One of the other riders was fined for pissing within a town perimeter.

hippy

I enjoyed Cadel Evans' wit on the SBS highlights last night. A very
"Aussie"-sounding interviewer asked him how XY would be riding the
next day. Cadel said something like: "It's a bit hard to comment,
given it's a rest day". That was the end of the clip. ROTF.

Donga

What about that f*cking dog last night? Pity about the collapsed wheel
and the fallen rider. The great fat dog didn't even notice. Phil
Liggert nicely commented that the rider and dog appeared OK. He didn't
mention whether the fans had attacked and killed the dog owner, as
deserved.

Donga wrote:

> What about that f*cking dog last night? Pity about the collapsed wheel
> and the fallen rider. The great fat dog didn't even notice. Phil
> Liggert nicely commented that the rider and dog appeared OK. He didn't
> mention whether the fans had attacked and killed the dog owner, as
> deserved.

Our local news said "a dog escapes injury". And showed the video clip of
the tumble.

Yeah, there's more at stake for a dog's health that shouldn't have been out
there in the first place, rather than any of the riders and teams who expend
untold hours and money in training and preparation for this race.

Won't somebody think of the dogs?
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>

John Tserkezis said:
Donga wrote:

> What about that f*cking dog last night? Pity about the collapsed wheel
> and the fallen rider. The great fat dog didn't even notice. Phil
> Liggert nicely commented that the rider and dog appeared OK. He didn't
> mention whether the fans had attacked and killed the dog owner, as
> deserved.

Our local news said "a dog escapes injury". And showed the video clip of
the tumble.

Yeah, there's more at stake for a dog's health that shouldn't have been out
there in the first place, rather than any of the riders and teams who expend
untold hours and money in training and preparation for this race.

Won't somebody think of the dogs?
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
sure....he was looking for a fountain to sit in! :rolleyes:

one solid mass of lab too, his solid shoulder took the impact and his momentum took the bike wheel with him, twisting it sideways and "snaaaaap"... then he gives a "who me?"look from his sad and startled eyes... and heads back across the road...

don't blame the dog... he shouldnt have been put at risk by his distracted or absent owners....

confession.......I miss my dogs ( 7 YO Bassett died of sudden hepatic cancer 3 years ago ...sad...snifff......:(