A New Years Resolution

Bob Schwartz

Guest
Yeah, it's late. Punctuality has never been a strong suit for me.

Like everybody else, when I got my first Windows machine I spent
a lot of time using it as a Solitare engine. Then, after once
again realizing that hours of my life were gone never to be
retrieved, I deleted Solitare. Now, whenever I get a new box the
first thing I do is whack the games.

Like a lot of you, I used to engage Kunich. Then, I stopped. It
became clear there wasn't any point. He would voice the craziest
opinions, positions no sane person would take. And regardless
of the quality or quantity of any counter arguments he would
just spew back the same goofy opinions in an infinite loop. So
I stopped.

I'm not the smartest guy in the world. But given enough repetition
I can figure things out. It's been many years now since I've
responded to anything from Kunich.

And so it is with Lafferty. Like Kunich, he's not rational. Like
Kunich he is tireless. His desire to get in the last word is
boundless. He will follow up every post, and if you post X times
he will post X+1 followups even as X approaches infinity. And
since he doesn't have a job or a life, it isn't possible to keep
up with him without sacrificing my job and life. Keeping up with
a nutbag is not enough motivation for such a drastic step.

So I'm swearing him off. And I'm recommending you guys do likewise.
There's no point. And you have better uses for your time.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

Right on Bob. However, poking fun at Lafferty is amusing since he is so
quick to be on the defensive. K.Unich is another story, he is just an angry
old man.

Dave
news:[email protected]...

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Yeah, it's late. Punctuality has never been a strong suit for me.
>
> Like everybody else, when I got my first Windows machine I spent
> a lot of time using it as a Solitare engine. Then, after once
> again realizing that hours of my life were gone never to be
> retrieved, I deleted Solitare. Now, whenever I get a new box the
> first thing I do is whack the games.
>
> Like a lot of you, I used to engage Kunich. Then, I stopped. It
> became clear there wasn't any point. He would voice the craziest
> opinions, positions no sane person would take. And regardless
> of the quality or quantity of any counter arguments he would
> just spew back the same goofy opinions in an infinite loop. So
> I stopped.
>
> I'm not the smartest guy in the world. But given enough repetition
> I can figure things out. It's been many years now since I've
> responded to anything from Kunich.
>
> And so it is with Lafferty. Like Kunich, he's not rational. Like
> Kunich he is tireless. His desire to get in the last word is
> boundless. He will follow up every post, and if you post X times
> he will post X+1 followups even as X approaches infinity. And
> since he doesn't have a job or a life, it isn't possible to keep
> up with him without sacrificing my job and life. Keeping up with
> a nutbag is not enough motivation for such a drastic step.
>
> So I'm swearing him off. And I'm recommending you guys do likewise.
> There's no point. And you have better uses for your time.
>
> Bob Schwartz
> [email protected]

I once spent some time arguing with Tom over something and gave up but I
do like to read his postings, as he has great insults and often makes
insightful observations. Sometimes he's even right! Recently I've
supported him in the problem with that nutter that's been harassing
myself, Tom and Alan on the newsgroups. It's a bit like the TV, if you
don't like what you're seeing then switch it off and go do something useful.

Marty

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote

> And so it is with Lafferty. Like Kunich, he's not rational. Like
> Kunich he is tireless. His desire to get in the last word is
> boundless. He will follow up every post, and if you post X times
> he will post X+1 followups even as X approaches infinity. And
> since he doesn't have a job or a life, it isn't possible to keep
> up with him without sacrificing my job and life. Keeping up with
> a nutbag is not enough motivation for such a drastic step.
>
> So I'm swearing him off. And I'm recommending you guys do likewise.
> There's no point. And you have better uses for your time.

I miss Albright. Now there was a guy that could handle a keyboard. He
could puch my buttons big-time back in the day, but even while you're
getting smacked around you're falling off your chair from laughter. RBR
hasn't been the same since.

"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> And so it is with Lafferty. Like Kunich, he's not rational. Like
>> Kunich he is tireless. His desire to get in the last word is
>> boundless. He will follow up every post, and if you post X times
>> he will post X+1 followups even as X approaches infinity. And
>> since he doesn't have a job or a life, it isn't possible to keep
>> up with him without sacrificing my job and life. Keeping up with
>> a nutbag is not enough motivation for such a drastic step.
>>
>> So I'm swearing him off. And I'm recommending you guys do likewise.
>> There's no point. And you have better uses for your time.

> I miss Albright. Now there was a guy that could handle a keyboard. He
> could puch my buttons big-time back in the day, but even while you're
> getting smacked around you're falling off your chair from laughter. RBR
> hasn't been the same since.

Too bad you didn't experience rbr around 1995.

Jim Flom wrote:
> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>And so it is with Lafferty. Like Kunich, he's not rational. Like
>>Kunich he is tireless. His desire to get in the last word is
>>boundless. He will follow up every post, and if you post X times
>>he will post X+1 followups even as X approaches infinity. And
>>since he doesn't have a job or a life, it isn't possible to keep
>>up with him without sacrificing my job and life. Keeping up with
>>a nutbag is not enough motivation for such a drastic step.
>>
>>So I'm swearing him off. And I'm recommending you guys do likewise.
>>There's no point. And you have better uses for your time.

> I miss Albright. Now there was a guy that could handle a keyboard. He
> could puch my buttons big-time back in the day, but even while you're
> getting smacked around you're falling off your chair from laughter. RBR
> hasn't been the same since.

God Bless the King Andrew Albright scholar.

Did anyone notice that Albright was the highest bidder for Matt
Decanio's termination letter from Kurt Stockton?

Magilla

"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jim Flom wrote:
>> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>>>And so it is with Lafferty. Like Kunich, he's not rational. Like
>>>Kunich he is tireless. His desire to get in the last word is
>>>boundless. He will follow up every post, and if you post X times
>>>he will post X+1 followups even as X approaches infinity. And
>>>since he doesn't have a job or a life, it isn't possible to keep
>>>up with him without sacrificing my job and life. Keeping up with
>>>a nutbag is not enough motivation for such a drastic step.
>>>
>>>So I'm swearing him off. And I'm recommending you guys do likewise.
>>>There's no point. And you have better uses for your time.

>> I miss Albright. Now there was a guy that could handle a keyboard. He
>> could puch my buttons big-time back in the day, but even while you're
>> getting smacked around you're falling off your chair from laughter. RBR
>> hasn't been the same since.

> God Bless the King Andrew Albright scholar.
>
> Did anyone notice that Albright was the highest bidder for Matt Decanio's
> termination letter from Kurt Stockton?
>
> Magilla

Hi Andrew.