A question about bananas...

Bananas will always be bananas, whether ripe or green. The main difference is that green bananas have to be cooked and when they are cooked/heated, they lose most of their nutritional values unlike the ripe banana that can be eaten raw.

You are right in the sense that cooked banana is always different from the one that is ripped and eaten raw. There is no way we can really compare both of them as long as I am concerned in which one that is really good.

Okay, I come from a banana producing country and believe me that I know alot about bananas. First there are different kinds and colors of bananas, there are green ripe bananas, yellow ripe bananas, red ripe bananas, purple ripe bananas and the brown ripe bamanas and all of them are nutritious. You eat ripe bananas as a fruit while unripe bananas is made into sweet crunchy chips or pounded and made into a banana flour that can be made into bread, cakes and other food products.

This is quite descriptive of the types of bananas that we have in the world. I never knew that there are bananas that are green, but still ripped at that condition. This is to show that we can't assume everything until we get to the point where we can get the better facts about it. Thanks so much for the explanation.

Reactions: Kakashi
I don't think we can defer any much of a difference between the unripe bananas and the ripped bananas. The reason is simply because both are good to the body and can offer almost the same nutritional value no matter how we decide to eat them. Which is amazing as well.

This is quite descriptive of the types of bananas that we have in the world. I never knew that there are bananas that are green, but still ripped at that condition. This is to show that we can't assume everything until we get to the point where we can get the better facts about it. Thanks so much for the explanation.

The Philippines exports a lot of bananas and one major variety that we export is the Cavendish which has green skin even when ripe, there are also a variant of it which is color yellow when ripe. We've got a lot of bananas here and it's one of the cheapest available fruits here. I think 90℅ of bananas sold in Asia and about 15℅ worldwide comes from our country.
IMG_20180411_170617_618.jpg

The Philippines exports a lot of bananas and one major variety that we export is the Cavendish which has green skin even when ripe, there are also a variant of it which is color yellow when ripe. We've got a lot of bananas here and it's one of the cheapest available fruits here. I think 90℅ of bananas sold in Asia and about 15℅ worldwide comes from our country.View attachment 2838

That means it is going to be a really good plan to start talking of starting some bananas business from that part of the world. The reason is simply because the fruit is not that cheap in the country that I stay and getting involved in it from that part will be a good plan for me.

All forms of bananas, from green to the darker yellow are nutritious, but the nutrients they contain differ quite a bit so it really depends on which ones you would like to have during the day.