A top end bike is too expensive nowadays...

CAMPYBOB said:
and still twice what they're worth.
Shimano. Cheaper, better performing, looks like ****.

While I'm racing, I'll take shimano. I can't afford to replace an overpriced crank if I crashed it.

Hell, I'm still on 105 cranks and I can't seem to find something wrong with them.

And Shimano earned the right to be compared to Campy when it got put on a bike and ridden. They are both groupsets, they both do their jobs well. Some like one, others like the other. I like SRAM.

Shimano. Cheaper, better performing, looks like ****.

Better performing? You're mad. Stark raving mad!:D

I agree that any widget that makes it to the finish line is race-able, but life is too short to ride fugly bikes.

bobbyOCR said:
And Shimano earned the right to be compared to Campy when it got put on a bike and ridden. They are both groupsets, they both do their jobs well. Some like one, others like the other. I like SRAM.

Okay....step away from the BMC and re-read my post. It was tongue in cheek, you know.....Just because you're not from New Zealand is no reason to hate the rest of the world.
:D (<--helpful smilie :D )

alienator said:
Okay....step away from the BMC and re-read my post. It was tongue in cheek, you know.....Just because you're not from New Zealand is no reason to hate the rest of the world.
ROTFL. Whenever I feel sad and blue I read one of these types of threads and get a big smile on my face.

Campagnolo is better, by the way. At any price point. Anyone who rides Shimano and likes it is a poophead. :p

alienator said:
Very good. But, its on now, no Seppo makes a New Zealand joke to an Australian :D

Do you get the Chaser over there? If not you need it.

And I ride SRAM and love it so I sit on the sidelines and watch the fight.

(If there is a country you next 'liberate', please don't let it be New Zealand. Australia needs a joke target)

The Australian's don't realise the joke is on them.........

We come to thier country, they give us the dole, the weather is better, we eventually steel thier jobs and thier women, and thier sheep aren't worth looking at let alone touching!

How can they not realise the joke is on them?? Must be because everytime a Kiwi leaves NZ to come to Australia the average IQ of both countries increases.......

If I come from New Zealand am I still allowed to hate the rest of the world, or is that just the job of UScentric Americans?

(please don't hurt me with your nucs!!!!!!!)