About an old BMX and mountain bike legend.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Hunter, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
    downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
    know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
    still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
    while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
    retire if she has retired.

    Thanks in advance.

    ---->Hunter
     
    Tags:


  2. vernon levy

    vernon levy Guest


    > Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
    > downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
    > know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
    > still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
    > while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
    > retire if she has retired.
    >

    A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.
     
  3. Pinky

    Pinky Guest

    > A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.
    >


    A bit OT but what the hell!

    1. "i before e except after c"

    2. Happy new year to all.

    3. My bike was stolen on 12 December and I received notification that the
    insurance were paying up in full yesterday. So I was out all day buying my
    replacement to become "Velocepanther2" having spent much of the last 3 weeks
    researching on net.
    Thankfully I should be back on the road in about a weeks time after I finish
    up equipping it to full cycle camping touring standard. Then back in
    training. I am a distinctly much happier bunny now -- albeit an ancient one

    --
    Trevor A Panther
    In South Yorkshire,
    England, United Kingdom.
    Remove PSANTISPAM to reply
    "vernon levy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
     
  4. Pinky

    Pinky Guest

    Sorry for the cross posting . I didn't notice the multiple postings of the
    OP

    --
    Trevor A Panther
    In South Yorkshire,
    England, United Kingdom.
     
  5. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    vernon levy wrote:
    > > Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
    > > downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
    > > know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
    > > still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
    > > while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
    > > retire if she has retired.
    > >

    > A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

    ---
    I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
    I was mistaken.

    ---->Hunter
     
  6. vernon levy

    vernon levy Guest


    >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

    > ---
    > I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    > specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
    > I was mistaken.
    >

    her web site has her email address on it...surely she's the most accurate
    source.....
     
  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Hunter wrote:
    > vernon levy wrote:
    >>> Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present
    >>> (presumably) downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from
    >>> Mountain Biking? I know she is a realtor now. Is that her
    >>> fulltime job now or does she still race between sales? I haven't
    >>> seen her mentioned in a good long while. Also, what was the date
    >>> she was born and in what year did she retire if she has retired.
    >>>

    >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

    > --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    > specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
    > see I was mistaken.
    >


    Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
    it throws up:

    "CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
    athlete!"
    ^^^^
    together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
    questions.

    What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of searching?

    --
    Tony

    "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
    right."
    - Lord Hailsham
     
  8. vernon levy

    vernon levy Guest

    >>> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.
    >> --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    >> specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
    >> see I was mistaken.
    >>

    >
    > Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
    > it throws up:
    >
    > "CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
    > athlete!"
    > ^^^^
    > together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
    > questions.
    >

    And there's an address and phone number

    > What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
    > searching?


    Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
    ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)
     
  9. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    vernon levy wrote:
    >
    >> What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
    >> searching?

    >
    > Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
    > ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)
    >


    Just the name of the person concerned seemed sufficient - hardly the
    most taxing search term decision ;-)


    --
    Tony

    "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
    right."
    - Lord Hailsham
     
  10. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On 1 Jan 2006 02:49:11 -0800, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >vernon levy wrote:
    >> > Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
    >> > downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
    >> > know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
    >> > still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
    >> > while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
    >> > retire if she has retired.
    >> >

    >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

    >---
    >I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    >specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
    >I was mistaken.


    Dumbass

    Do your own damn stalking.

    Ron

    Happy new year!
     
  11. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > Hunter wrote:
    > > vernon levy wrote:
    > >>> Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present
    > >>> (presumably) downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from
    > >>> Mountain Biking? I know she is a realtor now. Is that her
    > >>> fulltime job now or does she still race between sales? I haven't
    > >>> seen her mentioned in a good long while. Also, what was the date
    > >>> she was born and in what year did she retire if she has retired.
    > >>>
    > >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

    > > --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    > > specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
    > > see I was mistaken.
    > >

    >
    > Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
    > it throws up:
    >
    > "CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
    > athlete!"
    > ^^^^
    > together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
    > questions.
    >
    > What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of searching?
    >
    > --
    > Tony

    ----
    I did find it two days ago. Now on her site:

    http://www.cherielliott.com/about.shtml

    Where is the date she was born? What year did she retire from mountain
    bike racing?

    same questions about this site where her link was at:

    http://www.jedsports.com/cheri/jed_cheri.html

    Now in two days of searching I thought I would find that data in public
    records like magazine interviews and sanctioning body sites. I have not
    been successful thus far.

    I know people have to be skeptical about people asking for info about
    anyone, but I wasn't asking for her street address on where she lived,
    nor her personal phone number, just a couple of gaps in her public
    pedigree I thought a simple question could fill. Again, I thought my
    fellow bikers would help but I was wrong.

    ---->Hunter
     
  12. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    vernon levy wrote:
    > >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

    > > ---
    > > I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    > > specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
    > > I was mistaken.
    > >

    > her web site has her email address on it...surely she's the most accurate
    > source.....

    ----
    Again, I saw that, but instead I am trying to use public information
    before I would consider contacting her. As I said, I was simply asking
    if she has retired and when and what was her birthday, things I thought
    I could find from magazine sites and the like.

    It was two simple non-invasive questions.

    ---->Hunter
     
  13. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    vernon levy wrote:
    > >>> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.
    > >> --- I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    > >> specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I
    > >> see I was mistaken.
    > >>

    > >
    > > Well Google answered it for me in a couple of minutes on the first site
    > > it throws up:
    > >
    > > "CLICK HERE to learn MORE about Cheri's legendary past as an EXTREME
    > > athlete!"
    > > ^^^^
    > > together with an e-mail address where you can ask her the rest of your
    > > questions.
    > >

    > And there's an address and phone number

    -----
    I wanted to use public sources before considering contacting her, and
    it was two simple non-invasive questions.
    >
    > > What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
    > > searching?

    >
    > Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
    > ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)

    ----
    How about her name and in combination with it "was born", "birthday",
    "retirement", "retired" "raced between", "interview with". I tried
    those, no success.

    ----->Hunter
     
  14. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > vernon levy wrote:
    > >
    > >> What was so hard in that that you couldn't find it in two days of
    > >> searching?

    > >
    > > Mind you, the outcome of a search depends on the search terms used. Gotta
    > > ask the right question to get the right answer ;-)
    > >

    >
    > Just the name of the person concerned seemed sufficient - hardly the
    > most taxing search term decision ;-)
    > --
    > Tony

    -----
    And I did that, in combination with other key words like "born" and
    "interview" and "retirement".

    Two simple non intrusive questions about her exact birthday and when
    she retired.

    ---->Hunter
     
  15. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Pinky wrote:
    > > A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.
    > >

    >
    > A bit OT but what the hell!
    >
    > 1. "i before e except after c"
    >
    > 2. Happy new year to all.
    >
    > 3. My bike was stolen on 12 December and I received notification that the
    > insurance were paying up in full yesterday. So I was out all day buying my
    > replacement to become "Velocepanther2" having spent much of the last 3 weeks
    > researching on net.
    > Thankfully I should be back on the road in about a weeks time after I finish
    > up equipping it to full cycle camping touring standard. Then back in
    > training. I am a distinctly much happier bunny now -- albeit an ancient one
    >
    > --
    > Trevor A Panther
    > In South Yorkshire,
    > England, United Kingdom.

    ----
    Since your answer had nothing to do with the question I asked I will
    assume you are being sarcastic and explain why I cross posted:

    If you notice all of the cross post concerns cycling:

    rec.bicycles.racing, alt.mountain-bike, uk.rec.cycling,
    rec.bicycles.misc therefore they are similar to each other.

    My subject concerned a current or former top cyclist Cheri Elliott, so
    the subject is relevant to all, some maybe more so than others like
    rec.bicycles.racing and alt.mountain-bike are probably more relevant
    than uk.rec.cycling, but it is a relevant group since it does concern
    cycling.

    I know there are lots of abuse of the cross post function, but there
    are legitimate uses for cross posting, which is why the function is
    included in most major newsreaders and on Google. I think concerning
    the subject matter was a cyclist and the fact that all of the groups
    have either "bike", "cycling", "bicycles", I think I used it
    legitimately.

    Warning, I have crossposted this answer.

    ---->Hunter
     
  16. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    RonSonic wrote:
    > On 1 Jan 2006 02:49:11 -0800, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >vernon levy wrote:
    > >> > Has the great former champion girl BMX'er and present (presumably)
    > >> > downhill Mountain Biker Cheri Elliott retired from Mountain Biking? I
    > >> > know she is a realtor now. Is that her fulltime job now or does she
    > >> > still race between sales? I haven't seen her mentioned in a good long
    > >> > while. Also, what was the date she was born and in what year did she
    > >> > retire if she has retired.
    > >> >
    > >> A quick google will yeild the answers that you seek.

    > >---
    > >I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    > >specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
    > >I was mistaken.

    >
    > Dumbass
    >
    > Do your own damn stalking.
    >
    > Ron
    >
    > Happy new year!

    ----
    I did not ask for her street address where she lived nor her personal
    phone number or any other truly personal information. I asked about a
    bithdate and the year she retired things I thought would had been
    publicly available on various sites concerning bicycle racing since she
    was a top racer. However, she is not say Derek Jeter, who's particulars
    like when he was born and whether or not he is still active I can find
    out in two minutes since he participates in a major sport. Ms. Elliott
    I am finding out is different since she was part of two relatively
    obscure (to outsiders) sports and for only a few years each. One of
    them, BMX she was involved in before the days of mass use of the
    internet, the eary 1980's, so her interviews have not been archived. I
    am still looking for interviews beginning in 1994 when she did restart
    her racing career and the internet was in wide public use. So far no
    luck.

    See my other response in this thread to see what kind of google search
    I have done, including key words I used.
    ..
    Again, I did not ask truly invasive questions that would have been
    possible stalking, only questions that could have come up in the course
    of interviews in articles that probably would had been posted on the
    web..

    ---->Hunter
     
  17. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 1 Jan 2006 02:49:11 -0800, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:


    > >I did for the prior two days and I am now. I have not found the
    > >specific data I wanted. I thought fellow bikers would be helpful. I see
    > >I was mistaken.

    >
    > Dumbass
    >
    > Do your own damn stalking.


    Bruce would never have had to ask for this kind of info.

    He probably could have supplied it, though.

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
     
  18. Marty

    Marty Guest

    "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > -----
    > I wanted to use public sources before considering contacting her, and
    > it was two simple non-invasive questions.
    >>



    I counted five questions in your op and with a sig like "hunter" i can
    see why noone is suspicious...............

    Marty
     
  19. small change

    small change Guest

    Hunter wrote:

    >
    > I know people have to be skeptical about people asking for info about
    > anyone, but I wasn't asking for her street address on where she lived,
    > nor her personal phone number, just a couple of gaps in her public
    > pedigree I thought a simple question could fill. Again, I thought my
    > fellow bikers would help but I was wrong.
    >
    > ---->Hunter


    If someone's got their email on their website, just email them duh. You
    think it was put there for decoration? If they think you are being weird,
    you'll either get ignored, deleted or blocked. And maybe your fellow bikers
    don't have the answers. I always love it when people post looking for an
    answer to a question and then get cranky when they dont' get the information
    they want.
     
  20. JD

    JD Guest

    stalker

    JD
     
Loading...
Loading...