Advertising Complaint: HiLux

TimC

Guest
Didn't expect a positive response, but apparently they have already
received a complaint for this particular ad, and investigated it, and
decided it is all good. Oh well, keep sending them complaints, and
perhaps they might think that the public don't agree with them...

The advertiser is a particularly arrogant bunch of arseholes -- they
put the same bogus spin in all their responses to complainants.

--
TimC
I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 07:45:25 +0000, TimC wrote:

> Didn't expect a positive response, but apparently they have already
> received a complaint for this particular ad, and investigated it, and
> decided it is all good.

Yep, got the same letter.

What really annoys me is that they say it doesn't breach clause 2(c)
because no laws are broken. Hmm, how about all the property damage?
Intimidatory driving? Damaging infrastructure in the form of water pipes?
Littering - they leave the POS on the side of the road.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"Hey, watch the 'fro" - Danny Glaze

They were given a "P76 award" for the worst in the motoring industry for the
year.

It was given to Toyota for discovering who really buys 4wd's. They also
mentioned Jeep for previously using a slogan "Give Way... Not".

Another manufacturer (I think it was Honda) was given a mention for
advertising "more agressive styling" on a new 4wd release.

Who do we send complaints to??

news:[email protected]...

TimC said:
Didn't expect a positive response, but apparently they have already
received a complaint for this particular ad, and investigated it, and
decided it is all good. Oh well, keep sending them complaints, and
perhaps they might think that the public don't agree with them...

The advertiser is a particularly arrogant bunch of arseholes -- they
put the same bogus spin in all their responses to complainants.

--
TimC
I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. -- Linus Torvalds, 1991

I dunno - the ad seems to have changed a little since the original one... the new one seems to have more emphasis on the features of the car. Still, the end of the ad keeps the '... get out of the way' garbage.

Ritch