Age/weight bike handicapping?

Jeff Potter

Guest
I know there are racing age-groups but has anyone figured out a fun way to include the HANDICAPPING
concept in with cycling?

It seems like many HUGE sports use handicapping---and this method probably contributes to the
popularity of the sport.

It seems like weight and age would be easy tools to use in handicapping.

--

Jeff Potter
****

"Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I know there are racing age-groups but has anyone figured out a fun way to include the
> HANDICAPPING concept in with cycling?

Yes.

> It seems like many HUGE sports use handicapping---and this method probably contributes to the
> popularity of the sport.

I think you would be an invaluable addition to the Special Olympics.

Jeff Potter <[email protected]> wrote:
> It seems like weight and age would be easy tools to use in handicapping.

If you've been reading regularly then you'd know that USAC Masters racing incorporates both.
Although the weight handicap is implied.

Bob "Fat Masters" Schwartz [email protected]

We used to have handicap races a fair amount where I live, and there is still a cat 3/4 handicap
race each fall I think. It's moderately interesting near the end when the fields come together.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Robert Chung wrote:
> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:f%[email protected]...
>
>>We used to have handicap races a fair amount where I live, and there is still a cat 3/4 handicap
>>race each fall I think. It's moderately interesting near the end when the fields come together.
>>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/?id=wheelrace

We have handicap races all the time here in NZ. Today's is cancelled due to a foot of snow, so I was
thinking of giving Hermann Maier a call if anyone has his number handy. Could be his day for it.