Amstel Gold Race 2006

hombredesubaru said:
Weseman rode strong but not so smart...
You saw the race or a you just quoting cyclingnews.com ? Don't bother responding I know the answer......

Interesting enough to those who think l'Equipe is a biased newspaper you'd be hard pushed to find a paper in
Holland which didn't report on Kroon rather the Schlek after the Amstel Gold Race......

I just got back tonight from Maastricht.... I had a great time and much better going to the Tour... at one day races you can walk up to the riders have your photo taken, chat the riders, look at there bikes.... there is no VIP areas and a whole lot more relaxed than the Tour....

CSC really have a great outfit.... they are the new team and have set the yardstick for all to follow....

Sienkiewicz also rode a strong race and will be great for this year's tour.....

whiteboytrash said:
You saw the race or a you just quoting cyclingnews.com ? Don't bother responding I know the answer......

Interesting enough to those who think l'Equipe is a biased newspaper you'd be hard pushed to find a paper in
Holland which didn't report on Kroon rather the Schlek after the Amstel Gold Race......

I just got back tonight from Maastricht.... I had a great time and much better going to the Tour... at one day races you can walk up to the riders have your photo taken, chat the riders, look at there bikes.... there is no VIP areas and a whole lot more relaxed than the Tour....

CSC really have a great outfit.... they are the new team and have set the yardstick for all to follow....

Sienkiewicz also rode a strong race and will be great for this year's tour.....

Nice one.
It's great that you could get access to the riders at AGR.

Looking at the article in this months Cycle Sport about MSR and the Grandfondo the following day, the average Joe Public cyclist got to do the event with Basso and Garzelli and Co.
Great to see the likes of Basso etc mixing with the everyday cyclist.

limerickman said:
Nice one.
It's great that you could get access to the riders at AGR.

Looking at the article in this months Cycle Sport about MSR and the Grandfondo the following day, the average Joe Public cyclist got to do the event with Basso and Garzelli and Co.
Great to see the likes of Basso etc mixing with the everyday cyclist.
I just wish it wasn't raining so much..... all their bikes were leaning against the buses and there was no problems in walking up and checking them out.... there was also no problems in chatting to the riders or getting a photo... I'm going to skip the Tour this year and stick with the Giro and one day races......

I saw that article in CycleSport with Basso on the start line with overweight punters... it was the full course I believe ? Simoeni was there as well having a chat to Basso on the start line...... the more I see Basso the more I like him... nice guy and loves his sport.....

I think T-Mobile had a great race, CSC did even better and Rabobank, well let's just say that Boogerd said that he wasn't allowed to go after Schleck and Wesemann and was pretty angry ( he had to wait for Freire and T. Dekker, which wasn't really smart....

here some pics:

Pic 1: Frank Schleck smiled all the time at the press conference

Pic 2: Cedric Vasseur, Alexander Moos and Michael Boogerd in the bunch

Pic 3: Ceremony with Wesemann, Schleck and Boogerd

More pics at my website (signature below)

Nice shots CH : Poor Boogerd. He always seems to podium but never gets the top spot.
Good rider though.

cyclingheroes said:
I think T-Mobile had a great race, CSC did even better and Rabobank, well let's just say that Boogerd said that he wasn't allowed to go after Schleck and Wesemann and was pretty angry ( he had to wait for Freire and T. Dekker, which wasn't really smart....

here some pics:

Pic 1: Frank Schleck smiled all the time at the press conference

Pic 2: Cedric Vasseur, Alexander Moos and Michael Boogerd in the bunch

Pic 3: Ceremony with Wesemann, Schleck and Boogerd

More pics at my website (signature below)

Great pics; I really like the one of Schleck.

Boogerd got a win in Amstel in like 2001 or round about, right?

tcklyde said:
Great pics; I really like the one of Schleck.

Boogerd got a win in Amstel in like 2001 or round about, right?
Boogerd won in 1999, a guy called Lance Armstrong was second.