Amstel Gold

Powerful Pete said:
Haven't noticed Schmi lately, has he had any good rides? :confused:
Gesink

with my "picks to watch"
di Gregorio
Samoilau (Aqua & Sapone not sure if riding)
Augustyn (Barloworld not sure neither)

young Australian
Walker Rabobank, but he will have to ride to support Dekker and Gesink

I'll go totally nationalistic and say Edvald Boasson Hagen...

But Rebellin is more likely.

thunder said:
Gesink

with my "picks to watch"
di Gregorio
Samoilau (Aqua & Sapone not sure if riding)
Augustyn (Barloworld not sure neither)

young Australian
Walker Rabobank, but he will have to ride to support Dekker and Gesink
checking a startlist - DiGregorio not listed for FdJ, A&S not riding, Barloworld riding and Augustyn is on their list, Walker not listed for Rabo.

confusedfan said:
checking a startlist - DiGregorio not listed for FdJ, A&S not riding, Barloworld riding and Augustyn is on their list, Walker not listed for Rabo.
******** :p

confusedfan said:
why? is it too much to expect that one might consult a startlist before making race predictions? :rolleyes: ;)
We are like an old people's home in here confused. We let each other talk **** off the top of their heads (thunder calls it "extemporizing") as if it was well researched and we don't say anything to spoil the illusion that we know what we're talking about. You start pointing out factual errors and this place would collapse like a house of cards... :p

J/K of course. Trying to keep you "confused". It's only Australians like me and thunderfundament that you allow to talk faecal matter... :D

Crankyfeet said:
We are like an old people's home in here confused. We let each other talk **** off the top of their heads (thunder calls it "extemporizing") as if it was well researched and we don't say anything to spoil the illusion that we know what we're talking about. You start pointing out factual errors and this place would collapse like a house of cards... :p

J/K of course. Trying to keep you "confused". It's only Australians like me and thunderfundament that you allow to talk faecal matter... :D
Except I'm not at all "confused" when it comes to thunder ... I actually understand him fairly well :p.

edit - well, except some messages he posts that no one understands ...

Crankyfeet said:

I think I spell it with an "s" you can stay in the US if you wish Cranky, me prefers Australia :p

Luis Leon Sanchez

In good form. I know he is riding for Valverde, but I can see Luis finishing top 3 here - having a good year thus far. Underrated cyclist.

thunder said:
I think I spell it with an "s" you can stay in the US if you wish Cranky, me prefers Australia :p
-ize is perfectly good English, Thunder, even in Australia (but not for some words, like 'advise'). It even used to be preferred, decades ago.

Where the septics start to make things odd is -yze endings (e.g. analyze), which is a dialectal spelling peculiar to them. Some of Webster's silly ideas didn't catch on, though: hed, bilt, groop and tung, to name a few.

Drongo said:
-ize is perfectly good English, Thunder, even in Australia (but not for some words, like 'advise'). It even used to be preferred, decades ago.

Where the septics start to make things odd is -yze endings (e.g. analyze), which is a dialectal spelling peculiar to them. Some of Webster's silly ideas didn't catch on, though: hed, bilt, groop and tung, to name a few.
you meant -ize is perfectly good 'Merican :p

thus, I will take the -ise :D

thunder said:
you meant -ize is perfectly good 'Merican :p

thus, I will take the -ise :D
:rolleyes:Look up an Oxford dictionary if you don't believe me.:D I type -ise but hand-write it with a zed: odd, but there you have it.

Back on topic, Cunego is my tip for AGR.

It's great when a race produces so many different possible winners. Everybody's picks seem plausible victors.

Crankyfeet said:
It's great when a race produces so many different possible winners. Everybody's picks seem plausible victors.
Makes it a real pain to pick your fantasy cycling team though.

Drongo said:
:rolleyes:Look up an Oxford dictionary if you don't believe me.:D I type -ise but hand-write it with a zed: odd, but there you have it.

Back on topic, Cunego is my tip for AGR.
I know it is acceptable. I should have addeded <sarcazm> :p

yes, facetious Drongo, come on, you should know me.