Another American busted

meehs said:
I don't think that Basso has failed any test. But I doubt that the handwritten fax by Fuentes including both Basso's and Ullrich's names was a list of friends that he wanted to invite to his birthday party. And how about the information that the Guardia Civil is in possession of information that confirms that Ullrich paid 60,000 Euro and Basso paid 50,000 Euro for doping assistance? If that same evidence were presented against Armstrong, Landis or any other American, you'd be pointing your finger and screaming "GUILTY" at the top of your lungs. The bias is sickening.

A name on the list the police thought was the name of Basso's dog therefore Fuentes code for Basso. Turns out that isn't the dog's name. That code name appears to be someone else. All they currently have remaining on Basso is the 50,000 Euro. :rolleyes:

bobke said:
I think the issue in not that another "American" tested positive, but that another world class athlete tested positive.

And for those who don't think Jan is going to go down, Marion Jones husband was banned with no positive drug test because of the info from the Balco investigation, which was very complete but perhaps not even as complete as Operacion Puerto. So yes, Jan is going down.

from MSNBC:
"in December 2005, the father of her son, sprinter Tim Montgomery, retired from the sport after he was banned for two years for doping violations. He never tested positive but was punished based on information gathered in the BALCO probe"
I ´m beggining to think the only top atheletes who don´t dope are the one in motorsport and golf:)

whiteboytrash said:
... Marion Jones: Life in the Fast Lane, her 2004 autobiography, addressed the doping allegations with a full-page denial set in oversized, red capital letters. 'I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN UNEQUIVOCAL IN MY OPINION: I AM AGAINST PERFORMANCEENHANCING DRUGS, ' she wrote. 'I HAVE NEVER TAKEN THEM AND I NEVER WILL TAKE THEM. '

(http://sport.guardian.co.uk/athletics/story/0,,1854391,00.html)
A book and being against PED all that lacks is a cancer so she could say i would never take PED because "i had cancer".:)
Sorry could not leave the man alone.

Due to the tittle of this tread, the Rocky IV film has to be revised.

Know is Rocky dopping and the Ivan Drago training in the mountains.:D

P.S. i´m strating to believe in the Moon hoax conspiracy.:D

meb said:
A name on the list the police thought was the name of Basso's dog therefore Fuentes code for Basso. Turns out that isn't the dog's name.
No, it turns out that Basso's lawyer says that it is not the dog's name. This is the same lawyer who does not want Basso to take a DNA test because they are unreliable.

jhuskey said:
Does anyone notice that Americans may be being caught due to the fact that they are being tested rigorously and diligently.
No. Where the evidence that Americans are being tested more rigorously and dilligently than other nationalities? I would say the opposite is true. We know that U.S. sporting authorities covered up drug use of American track stars.

I think different nations have different cultures, and Americans place a value on winning at all costs.

"Winning is not the most important thing. It is the only thing." -- Vince Lombardy

If you can dope your way to victory, grab the fame and the money, and get away with it then you are a star and your fans do not want to look too closely at how you achieved stardom. Armstrong is a case in point.

Bro Deal said:
No, it turns out that Basso's lawyer says that it is not the dog's name. This is the same lawyer who does not want Basso to take a DNA test because they are unreliable.
To be more specific, the lawyer credits this information to a two year old.

Bro Deal said:
No. Where the evidence that Americans are being tested more rigorously and dilligently than other nationalities? I would say the opposite is true. We know that U.S. sporting authorities covered up drug use of American track stars.

I think different nations have different cultures, and Americans place a value on winning at all costs.

"Winning is not the most important thing. It is the only thing." -- Vince Lombardy

If you can dope your way to victory, grab the fame and the money, and get away with it then you are a star and your fans do not want to look too closely at how you achieved stardom. Armstrong is a case in point.
I will start by saying I have no idea how each country tests their athletes, but I would like to clarify something here about the value Americans place on winning.

Yes, we have a competitive culture, and we like winning. Which countries like losing, by the way? But no, we don't like dopers. Because if you doped, then you didn't win at all. That is antithetical to the very concept of winning. That is why so many (not I) want to believe any and every excuse by Landis or Armstrong. Not because they don't care if their champions doped, but because if they did dope, it means they didn't "win" after all. They cheated, and that's just unbearable, because we want to beat everyone by being the best! And not the best doper :p . (please no posts about Armstrong never being positive -- I am making a case for what we believe about winning.)

nns1400 said:
To be more specific, the lawyer credits this information to a two year old.
True. He did not say I have talked with Ivan and he told me that Birillo is not the dog's name. He said he overheard the child calling the dog something different. That just seems like an obvious way to mislead without telling an outright lie.

Bro Deal said:
True. He did not say I have talked with Ivan and he told me that Birillo is not the dog's name. He said he overheard the child calling the dog something different. That just seems like an obvious way to mislead without telling an outright lie.
I know! I laughed when I read his explanation. I think he might have even said he overheard this over the phone. And then something like, "I think the child knows the name of her own dog." At two. Who knows what she was saying? Two year olds speak their own language :) . No mention of what dad calls the dog. (BTW, we just adopted a dog from the shelter, and we changed her name when we brought her home. I mean, it's a dog. It's not that hard.)

jhuskey said:
Does anyone notice that Americans may be being caught due to the fact that they are being tested rigorously and diligently.
I think this shows an effort to clean up sports, but please let's carry on with only negativity.
After all we are the enemy to the world.

The fact that Montgomery, Kelli White, Christy Gaines etc - all passed dope tests indicates that USADA - while they may have been testing - weren't catching athletes.

BALCO and what has since transpired came about through a commercial dispute. The fallout resulted in the SF newspaper getting the tip off about BALCO.
USADA weren't even aware of THG.
(Not wishing to blame USADA - but like all other national anti-doping agencies, they cannot keep up with the cheaters and their means).

limerickman said:
The fact that Montgomery, Kelli White, Christy Gaines etc - all passed dope tests indicates that USADA - while they may have been testing - weren't catching athletes.

BALCO and what has since transpired came about through a commercial dispute. The fallout resulted in the SF newspaper getting the tip off about BALCO.
USADA weren't even aware of THG.
(Not wishing to blame USADA - but like all other national anti-doping agencies, they cannot keep up with the cheaters and their means).

I have no proof of doping testing and neither does anyone else here I just get disgusted hearing "another American got busted".
Don't you mean another athlete got busted?
Too much nationality here!
As far as Basso and Jan all you shade tree attorneys get a clue and yes I know you got your degree watching CSI and whatever, but guess what, it is not even close to reality.
OK, read carefully, you do not take a DNA test for murder if you have not been charged with murder and you do not take a DNA test for doping if you have not been formally charged. This is intelligent tactics not necessiarily evasivness.
Where is Fred C I need some backup.

BTW: Some of you guys are steering me toward nationalism!

jhuskey said:
I have no proof of doping testing and neither does anyone else here I just get disgusted hearing "another American got busted".
Don't you mean another athlete got busted?
Too much nationality here!
As far as Basso and Jan all you shade tree attorneys get a clue and yes I know you got your degree watching CSI and whatever, but guess what, it is not even close to reality.
OK, read carefully, you do not take a DNA test for murder if you have not been charged with murder and you do not take a DNA test for doping if you have not been formally charged. This is intelligent tactics not necessiarily evasivness.
Where is Fred C I need some backup.

BTW: Some of you guys are steering me toward nationalism!

I said the same thing - until a charge has been made against JU or IB or anyone else, they're not obliged to give DNA or to lodge a defence of any kind.
Quite simple.
You don't need to watch CSI to know this.
But some here will insist on ...........blah blah.

Hey JH - don't go the nationalist route.
We're all cycling fans here (supposed to be anyhow!).

limerickman said:
I said the same thing - until a charge has been made against JU or IB or anyone else, they're not obliged to give DNA or to lodge a defence of any kind.
Quite simple.
You don't need to watch CSI to know this.
But some here will insist on ...........blah blah.

Hey JH - don't go the nationalist route.
We're all cycling fans here (supposed to be anyhow!).

I am a cycling fan true, and try to base my judgement on logic and not emotion. I just try and make a point sometimes.
We are all humans here,well SB may be the exception. :D Sorry SB I like to give you hell sometimes.....anyway some always steer to "them against us" campaign and this is not always healthy.
Besides,my bike is prettier than everybodies,so there!

jhuskey said:
I am a cycling fan true, and try to base my judgement on logic and not emotion. I just try and make a point sometimes.
We are all humans here,well SB may be the exception. :D Sorry SB I like to give you hell sometimes.....anyway some always steer to "them against us" campaign and this is not always healthy.
Besides,my bike is prettier than everybodies,so there!
JH don't forget your redneck roots!

jhuskey said:
Please also tell me the beer is cold and possibly free. I can get water anywhere. :D
There is always cold beer at my house, because IN AMERICA WE LIKE OUR BEER COLD!!!! WARM EURO BEER SUCKS!!!! Just had to throw in some nationalism :p.

Before this sounds like I'm hitting on you, (this is the internet after all) the beer is also free, for me at least, because my wonderful husband buys it for me. :)