Another daft 'bent question

Tim Hall

Guest
Just supposing a chap had bought a Vision R40. What would happen if
such a chap joined the BHPC and entered one of those energetic races
they seem to delight in? Would it be in the "Sports" class. Would I
^T he have to go round at a fearful rate of knots to avoid looking a
complete eejit?

And what does "O" in the class list represent? Open would make sense,
but I can't see it in the list of things.

Any former editors of the BHPC comic care to comment?

Tim

Tim Hall wrote:
> Just supposing a chap had bought a Vision R40. What would happen if
> such a chap joined the BHPC and entered one of those energetic races
> they seem to delight in? Would it be in the "Sports" class.

Yes. An R40 will have a seat height of greater than the minimum 350mm
required for this class.

> Would he have to go round at a fearful rate of knots to avoid looking a
> complete eejit?

Some BHPC members go round at high speed and _still_ look like complete
eejits. Does that answer your question? Seriously, "no".

> And what does "O" in the class list represent? Open would make sense,
> but I can't see it in the list of things.

It does indeed mean "Open". In reallity it equates to the "Faired"
class, but anything which didn't meet the criteria for the other
classes would be included as well.

> Any former editors of the BHPC comic care to comment?

I expect Legs will be along shortly.

Tim Costen

In news:[email protected],
Tim Hall <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
> Just supposing a chap had bought a Vision R40. What would happen if
> such a chap joined the BHPC and entered one of those energetic races
> they seem to delight in? Would it be in the "Sports" class. Would I
> ^T he have to go round at a fearful rate of knots to avoid looking a
> complete eejit?
>

> And what does "O" in the class list represent? Open would make sense,
> but I can't see it in the list of things.
>
> Any former editors of the BHPC comic care to comment?

And as if by legerdemain, one appears...

Yes, it'd be in t'Sports Class, and yes, O=Open. Everything is a subset of
Open, so in looking at the results:

O = Open class only (fully-faired)
U = Unfaired (tail fairing permitted)
M = Multitrack (unfaired/tail-faired trikes/quads)
L = Ladies
S = Sports
A = arm-powered
J = Junior (rider aged 10-16 at start of season, IIRC)

--
Dave Larrington
Dead pigs make perfect, if heavy, earrings.