Another one...

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D4H9b.367> > >
<snip>

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&safe=off&selm=b9df8744.0209230843.63085c-
c5%40posting.google.com

> > That is a great story. I've never ridden rocks before, as there are none here to be found. The
> > very thought intimidates me somewhat.
>
> When I'm going over rocks, you can often hear me shouting like The Greatest, "float like a
> butterfly, sting like a bee!" to remind me to keep loose and light.

I'm a finesse rider for the most part, so maybe I could make it.......maybe.

<snip>
> My best time on rocks was outside the Holy City 3 yrs ago. It was quite a treat because we don't
> get to ride real technical stuff every day around here in the high desert. If you are interested,
> I had some fun here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&safe=off&selm=38F1E24F.AC31F031%40nospam-
uswest.net

> One thing I learned in government work: everybody's scared. You just get after it and do it.
>
> This year it will be less aerobically challenging and more technical. Gravity in the right
> directions. And lots of fun.

That's another good story. Yeah, I have my fears, and most of it is because of my fear of heights.
It just takes me longer to build up confidence on something new. Once I do, I'm off and running.

> deluxe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > saw
> > >
> > > Basically pigs blood and fat ',;~}~
> > >
> > I'm sure if I was to try it, I could get past that.
>
> They taste damned fine!

I'll take your word for it!

> unless
> > > you
> > >
> > > All my food is chile-hot ',;~}~
> > >
> > I like hot, but not so much so that I can no longer taste the food.
>
> I can still taste the food, even if I make it litterally eye watering hot.
> don't do this very often though, for various reasons and one in particular........

I know, I know...

> > > Oooo, bet that was good.
> > >
> > Back in the day, we pretty much did not go to the store for much. Raised
> our
> > own cattle, hogs, chickens, veggies, and even had some hives for honey.
>
> I'd love to live a similar life, as would my wife. Daughter though would raise all hell if she
> didn't get to a shop daily and Burger King/Mac D's
at
> least once a week! Heheheheh.......

It's hard work. My uncle had a vision problem that kept him from any real job, so he kind of ran the
show for my grandfather. When I stay here during the summers, it was up before the sun, feed the
animals, come back and eat breakfast, back to work until lunch, then work until dark. I looked
forward to the weekends, can I tell ya!

> > > And death. Death definately kills ya. Uh-huh.
> > >
> > Slow death.
>
> Yeah, we're born with it.

> deluxe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
>
> > > Truth.
> > >
> > I'm motivationg myself, that once my new bike is done, and I start
riding,
> > get off of nicotine once, and for all. I'm hoping my enthusiasm is
enough
> > get me through.
>
> All the best with that.

I'll keep you posted.

> > > Heheheh - worth a shot ',;~}~
> > >
> > Never turned me down, but it was always 'my' idea.
>
> Well, that's half way there ',;~}~

It was all I needed.

"deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> I'm a finesse rider for the most part, so maybe I could make it.......maybe.
>
> <snip>
> > My best time on rocks was outside the Holy City 3 yrs ago. It was quite a treat because we don't
> > get to ride real technical stuff every day around here in the high desert. If you are
> > interested, I had some fun here:
> >

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&safe=off&selm=38F1E24F.AC31F031%40nos-
> pamuswest.net
> >
> > One thing I learned in government work: everybody's scared. You just get after it and do it.
> >
> > This year it will be less aerobically challenging and more technical. Gravity in the right
> > directions. And lots of fun.
> >
> That's another good story. Yeah, I have my fears, and most of it is because of my fear of heights.
> It just takes me longer to build up confidence on something new. Once I do, I'm off and running.

There's definitely some exposure to dropping to to your death on Amasaback in Moab. But our epic
planned for next year has nothing like that. Maybe pitching off and landing in whitewater, which
would be a bummer. But after doing it with groups for a few years now, and nobody biffing it that
way, I think the risk is very low. The best defense, in my opinion, is a good fitness base, and
riding as much varied terrain as you possibly can.

Funny thing just happened to me. I've been riding all over the state and region this summer on some
very different and occasionally challenging terrain. No biffs. Get back to my favorite, routine
trail, and pitch off into the rocks and get bunged up. That's how it usually goes.

Paladin

"deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> I'll take your word for it!

Wimp.

> > > I like hot, but not so much so that I can no longer taste the food.
> >
> > I can still taste the food, even if I make it litterally eye watering
hot.
> > don't do this very often though, for various reasons and one in particular........
> >
> I know, I know...

Yeah, that anal volcano thing is a *****.

Shaun aRe

"deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > get off of nicotine once, and for all. I'm hoping my enthusiasm is
> enough
> > > get me through.
> >
> > All the best with that.
> >
> I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

> > > Never turned me down, but it was always 'my' idea.
> >
> > Well, that's half way there ',;~}~
> >
> It was all I needed.

Heheheh........

Shaun aRe

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

<snip>
> > > One thing I learned in government work: everybody's scared. You just get after it and do it.
> > >
> > > This year it will be less aerobically challenging and more technical. Gravity in the right
> > > directions. And lots of fun.
> > >
> > That's another good story. Yeah, I have my fears, and most of it is
because
> > of my fear of heights. It just takes me longer to build up confidence on something new. Once I
> > do, I'm off and running.
>

> There's definitely some exposure to dropping to to your death on Amasaback in Moab. But our epic
> planned for next year has nothing like that. Maybe pitching off and landing in whitewater, which
> would be a bummer. But after doing it with groups for a few years now, and nobody biffing it that
> way, I think the risk is very low. The best defense, in my opinion, is a good fitness base, and
> riding as much varied terrain as you possibly can.

I for one, certainly don't want to biff 'off' of anything. I've never even seen anything like that
before. Remember, the largest mountains I've ever seen were the Ozark mini mountains. Seeing stuff
like what you're telling would certainly blow me away.

> Funny thing just happened to me. I've been riding all over the state and region this summer on
> some very different and occasionally challenging terrain. No biffs. Get back to my favorite,
> routine trail, and pitch off into the rocks and get bunged up. That's how it usually goes.

My worst one was a simple, but steep canal crossing I've made hundreds of times.

> "deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
>
> > I'll take your word for it!
>
> Wimp.

Wimp?! You should try chitterlings.

> > > I can still taste the food, even if I make it litterally eye watering
> hot.
> > > don't do this very often though, for various reasons and one in particular........
> > >
> > I know, I know...
>
> Yeah, that anal volcano thing is a *****.

and the burning reminder. :)

"Raoul Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > I'll take your word for it!
> >
> > Wimp.
> >
> Wimp?! You should try chitterlings.

No problem - bring 'em on.

> > Yeah, that anal volcano thing is a *****.
> >
> and the burning reminder. :)

The worst one I ever had:

Walking past my favourite Asian Grocer's 'Akhtar's' during Eid, I noticed a small pile of red chiles
on the tabel outside. These were wider than the usual cayenne types, about the same length, and a
sorta funny shape. The boss said they were all he had left of some 'special' one he'd got for Eid -
I bought all of them, maybe 30 or so.

I had a habbit at the time, of sitting in my room in front of the TV at nights, with a plate of
fresh chiles, some sesame and poppy seed crackers (scrummy!), some strong cheese, and a few beers.

This day, I had some of the same when I got home in the afternoon, with the new chiles - they were
fantastic! Nice and _very_ hot, _very_ sweet! I ate about 6 or so, and got into digging the pain -
full blown sweat and streaming eyes type of stuff. Truly _wonderful_.

Had about another ~5 around 6 p.m, then when I settled down to watch a late film, ate about 10 or
so, bite of cheese, bite of cracker, bite of chile - munchmunchmunch - muchus fantasticus!

Day after, woke up with a heavy 'rumble' and strong burning in my intestines. I was on the shitter
for 2 hours, sweating, and with tears

on, then ran back up - was there for another hour. This went on most of the day. I was raw-sore in
places I had no right to be, and my guts felt wrecked, spoiled, ruined forever. I thought I'd never
be able to eat a chile again. I was sad ;-(

It took about 3 weeks before everything felt right again, heheheheheh!

Shaun aRe

> wrecked, spoiled, ruined forever. I thought I'd never be able to eat a chile again. I was sad ;-(
>
> It took about 3 weeks before everything felt right again, heheheheheh!
>

> Shaun aRe
^^^^^^

Like I couldn't guess which crazy moefo wrote this if he didn't sign it
:)

--
_________________________

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > wrecked, spoiled, ruined forever. I thought I'd never be able to eat a
chile
> > again. I was sad ;-(
> >
> > It took about 3 weeks before everything felt right again, heheheheheh!
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> ^^^^^^
>
> Like I couldn't guess which crazy moefo wrote this if he didn't sign it
> :)

Hehehheh...............me a crazy mofo? WTF? Heheheheheh........super sane, thass me.

Just harvested probably the last of this years chile crop this w/e, and have quite a few nice red
Caribbean habanero and scotch bonnets. Ate a few this
w/e - gorgeous! Pity they make my guts and **** burn.

Shaun and Kath aRe gonna plant even more for next year ',;~}~

> "Raoul Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Wimp.
> > >
> > Wimp?! You should try chitterlings.
>
> No problem - bring 'em on.

Pork intestines?! They smell awful!

> > > Yeah, that anal volcano thing is a *****.
> > >
> > and the burning reminder. :)
>
> The worst one I ever had:
>
> Walking past my favourite Asian Grocer's 'Akhtar's' during Eid, I noticed
> small pile of red chiles on the tabel outside. These were wider than the usual cayenne types,
> about the same length, and a sorta funny shape. The boss said they were all he had left of some
> 'special' one he'd got for
Eid -
> I bought all of them, maybe 30 or so.
>
> I had a habbit at the time, of sitting in my room in front of the TV at nights, with a plate of
> fresh chiles, some sesame and poppy seed crackers (scrummy!), some strong cheese, and a few beers.
>
> This day, I had some of the same when I got home in the afternoon, with
the
> new chiles - they were fantastic! Nice and _very_ hot, _very_ sweet! I ate about 6 or so, and got
> into digging the pain - full blown sweat and streaming eyes type of stuff. Truly _wonderful_.
>
> Had about another ~5 around 6 p.m, then when I settled down to watch a
late
> film, ate about 10 or so, bite of cheese, bite of cracker, bite of chile - munchmunchmunch -
> muchus fantasticus!
>
> Day after, woke up with a heavy 'rumble' and strong burning in my intestines. I was on the shitter
> for 2 hours, sweating, and with tears

> on, then ran back up - was there for another hour. This went on most of
the
> day. I was raw-sore in places I had no right to be, and my guts felt wrecked, spoiled, ruined
> forever. I thought I'd never be able to eat a
chile
> again. I was sad ;-(
>
> It took about 3 weeks before everything felt right again, heheheheheh!

I think you may have injured your stomach lining dude! Have you done it since?

"Raoul Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:C_%[email protected]...

> > > Wimp?! You should try chitterlings.
> >
> > No problem - bring 'em on.
> >
> Pork intestines?! They smell awful!

Nay bothar.

> > day. I was raw-sore in places I had no right to be, and my guts felt wrecked, spoiled, ruined
> > forever. I thought I'd never be able to eat a
> chile
> > again. I was sad ;-(
> >
> > It took about 3 weeks before everything felt right again, heheheheheh!
> >
> I think you may have injured your stomach lining dude! Have you done it since?

Never eaten that much since, no, but I have had a few real afterburners, heheheheheh.......

Shaun aRe

> "Raoul Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:C_%[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > No problem - bring 'em on.
> > >
> > Pork intestines?! They smell awful!
>
> Nay bothar.

While in college, I was going through the cafeteria line one fine evening. The first thing I got to
in line was a pile of off white goo. I asked the lady what it was, and she replied, "chitterlings".
Right away, I chose the other entree item without asking what it was.

> > > day. I was raw-sore in places I had no right to be, and my guts felt wrecked, spoiled, ruined
> > > forever. I thought I'd never be able to eat a
> > chile
> > > again. I was sad ;-(
> > >
> > > It took about 3 weeks before everything felt right again, heheheheheh!
> > >
> > I think you may have injured your stomach lining dude! Have you done it since?
>
> Never eaten that much since, no, but I have had a few real afterburners, heheheheheh.......

I have my vices, but have learned through trial, and error, moderation for the most part.