Another one...

In news:[email protected], Paladin <[email protected]> scrawled
in lipstick:
> "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>
>> There is only one trail here close by. A couple more a little over an hour away. Anything else
>> will involve driving. They are decent enough, but I would love to ride some different trails one
>> day. Maybe even a trail on an actual mountain!
>
> Keep your eyes peeled for next July AMB-Idaho 2004. We might get lucky and find you an actual
> mountain.
>
> Paladin

Paladin, recall that we are going to start at something like 7000' in elevation next year. But it
will be mostly down hill.

Penny

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >
> > There is only one trail here close by. A couple more a little over an
hour
> > away. Anything else will involve driving. They are decent enough, but I would love to ride some
> > different trails one day. Maybe even a trail on
an
> > actual mountain!
>
> Keep your eyes peeled for next July AMB-Idaho 2004. We might get lucky and find you an actual
> mountain.

It's sad that the only 'mini' mountains I've ever seen were in Arkansas.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > flour
> 1
> > > inch
They
> > > swell

> > > If made well, they soak in a lot of the juices - bloody gorgeous they
> are.
> > >
> > Better than black pudding?
>
> Nah, just different! (I love black pudding if it's a good one, and the
town
> where the best (and most 'world famous') are made is just around the
corner
> from here).

My pal James told me about it. I asked for a recipe, and gagged when I saw
it.

> Oh, with dumplin's, you can add different flavours to suit what you're 'dump' in them in - chopped
> chile, herbs, garlic etc.

Misconception about Cajun food......it's spicy, not all that hot, unless you choose to make it so.

> > > 'Pork scratchings' they're known as here for the most part, but 'crackling' is used when the
> > > skin is roasted on the meat. Good stuff - 50/50 protein/fat, so has it's usefulness really.
> > >
> > Of course it does. I add fat to my diet, in the form of flax seed oil,
and
> > olive oil.
>
> I use butter ',;~}~ (Just found a supplier of locally farm produced small batch, 'real' butter
> that is just the best I've ever, _ever_ tasted, by miles, hands down,
etc.)

My grandmother use to hand all of us grandchildren jars filled with cream to shake, until it made
butter. I always loved coming out here (where I live now), and spent my summers and such here.

Nothing wrong with any of those. It's the man mades, and the hydrogenated **** that kills ya.

> > > So, you eat her too ? ',;~}~
> > >
> > That is my goal.
>
> Heheheheh - just don't be on the chiles first if you ever want her to
invite
> you to eat out again, eh?

lol

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:28:45 -0500, deluxe model <[email protected]>
penned:

> > My parents are retired as well, but the longest trips they make are to
town.

> I've always been lucky in that my parents are pretty "young" for their age -- especially lucky
> since mom had me in her late 30s. They are constantly on road trips visiting friends; we also have
> some relatives in Germany, including my grandmother, so they travel there pretty often.

I couldn't picture my mom getting on a plane.

> I often complain that, now that they're retired, I can't get in touch with them at all -- they're
> always having friends over, or visiting someone, or participating in local civic clubs, etc.
> Pretty cool, actually.

Mine do have company over 'sometimes', and do get out to visit, but for the most part, they stay
home. I guess that's a trait I got from them. I'm an introvert/home body. My ex would drive me crazy
with always planning things. Her dad called her the social director of the universe.

> > My first and only marriage was to someone doing it for the second time.
She
> > wanted the big to do, and 'we' paid for it. I would have been happy
doing it
> > your way.
>
> I can understand that some people want a big "event" -- it's just not
> me. I'd rather spend the money on other things, and I'd rather spend my time in other ways. I've
> been keeping tabs on a long-time friend as she plans her wedding, and it just seems insane.
> Besides, I figure that other than the bride, groom, and parents, pretty much everyone else is
> there purely to support the couple, and not because they think a wedding is just the coolest
> thing they could possibly be doing today. I'd rather do the wedding quietly, then throw a
> huge-ass party next spring or something and invite everyone I've ever heard of. Might just
> invite this crowd if you're nice =P

Planning a wedding is stressful as hell. I know, because it was. My little brother and his wife
chose the route your guys are. They said "I do", and hopped a plane for Vegas.

Don't know if I could make it for a party, but I'll be nice anyway.

> My fiance had some vague idea that my parents would pay for the wedding, since, you know, they're
> the bride's parents. I could never ask my parents for money for a wedding -- good grief, they're
> retired, and we're engineer DINKs! Anyway, they covered all of college, which is already way above
> and beyond the call of duty.

They not only paid for college, they changed your diapers, fed you at all hours of the night,
clothed and fed you for 18 years...

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In news:[email protected], Paladin <[email protected]> scrawled in
> lipstick:
> > "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >> "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> There is only one trail here close by. A couple more a little over an hour away. Anything else
> >> will involve driving. They are decent enough, but I would love to ride some different trails
> >> one day. Maybe even a trail on an actual mountain!
> >
> > Keep your eyes peeled for next July AMB-Idaho 2004. We might get lucky and find you an actual
> > mountain.
> >
> > Paladin
>
> Paladin, recall that we are going to start at something like 7000' in elevation next year. But it
> will be mostly down hill.

I'm at an elevation of 105' right now acording to the topo map. Think I could hang at 7,000?

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:%[email protected]...
> > >
> > > It sucks - it costs your body so much, for so little reward.
> > >
> > Short term gratification. with long term effects.
>
> And the gratification is only the relief of it's own withdrawal symptoms.

Damn, never thought of it that way. That's fjvcked up.

> > At least I can start the day with coffee now, and not scotch.
>
> Arrrgghhh! Now you got me craving for scotch Coffee! My favourite morning drink when camping out
> in the hills - big mug 2/3 full of hot strong
coffee,
> plenty sugar and milk, last 1/3 filled with scotch....hmmmm........or brandy........or
> rum..........heheheh......

Sounds good in theory, but would end up a disaster for me. :)

> > > No, I'm sure some of it's out here, or we'd all have nothing.
> > >
> > Jo0 funny guy!
>
> Aye, and not just to look at.........

Hey, you've seen my pic.

> > > I have a different POV - If I ain't at least _prepared_ to kill it
> myself,
> > > won't eat it.
> > >
> > If I gotta clean it....
>
> Blood and guts and....stuff? Nay bothar! (As they say in Scotland or summink....).

*gags*

> could
> > > ride
> > >
> > > Heheheh - I've certainly always got something to do, but that's my
> nature
> > > anyway.
> > >
> > I've always got something to do, but manage to reschedule it tomorrow.
>
> Procrastination is certainly time consuming.

It's consumed 42 years of my life.

> > > She knows I won't push her where she doesn't want to go.
> > >
> > and don't take off, and leave her behind.
>
> Hey, you're precheing to the precher here.

Amen!

> > > That sucks.
> > >
> > It was for the best. She could not stay upright for more than five
> minutes.
>
> Horny sort, huh?

Unfortunately..........no.

"deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In news:[email protected], Paladin <[email protected]> scrawled in
> > lipstick:
> > > "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Keep your eyes peeled for next July AMB-Idaho 2004. We might get lucky and find you an actual
> > > mountain.
> > >
> > > Paladin
> >
> > Paladin, recall that we are going to start at something like 7000' in elevation next year. But
> > it will be mostly down hill.
> >
> I'm at an elevation of 105' right now acording to the topo map. Think I could hang at 7,000?

Even a clock is right twice a day. So even if you have to walk the first mile to Duck Lake, and then
the next mile to the summit, after that it really is 10 to 14 miles of moderately technical, but
jazzed rockin fun down 20-Mile Creek. After finishing that last year, I laid down and said to Adam,
our local boy, "I survived it and can now die a happy man."

You'll love it or double your entrance fee back.

paladin

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > In news:[email protected], Paladin <[email protected]> scrawled
> > > in lipstick:

> > > Paladin, recall that we are going to start at something like 7000' in elevation next year. But
> > > it will be mostly down hill.
> > >
> > I'm at an elevation of 105' right now acording to the topo map. Think I could hang at 7,000?
>

> Even a clock is right twice a day. So even if you have to walk the first mile to Duck Lake, and
> then the next mile to the summit, after that it really is 10 to 14 miles of moderately technical,
> but jazzed rockin fun down 20-Mile Creek. After finishing that last year, I laid down and said to
> Adam, our local boy, "I survived it and can now die a happy man."

Oh man, that sounds awesome! Before I would ever make a trip like that, I would do some serious
riding/training the months leading up to it. I wouldn't want to go that far just to bonk, and do a
lot of walking. :)

> You'll love it or double your entrance fee back.

Really?

deluxe model scrawled in bright red lipstick:

> Oh man, that sounds awesome! Before I would ever make a trip like that, I would do some serious
> riding/training the months leading up to it. I wouldn't want to go that far just to bonk, and do a
> lot of walking. :)
>
>> You'll love it or double your entrance fee back.
>>
> Really?

others show up that way, but it's not recommended.

Penny

"deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]....

> > > I'm at an elevation of 105' right now acording to the topo map. Think I could hang at 7,000?
> >

> > Even a clock is right twice a day. So even if you have to walk the first mile to Duck Lake, and
> > then the next mile to the summit, after that it really is 10 to 14 miles of moderately
> > technical, but jazzed rockin fun down 20-Mile Creek. After finishing that last year, I laid down
> > and said to Adam, our local boy, "I survived it and can now die a happy man."
> >
> Oh man, that sounds awesome! Before I would ever make a trip like that, I would do some serious
> riding/training the months leading up to it. I wouldn't want to go that far just to bonk, and do a
> lot of walking. :)

That's a *very wise* approach, and if followed will increase your success and enjoyment and maximize
the quality of the trip exponentially. These are not trails that you can just show up on and hope to
wing it and get through.

Like a couple first-time riders I saw on Amasaback in Moab. They pushed their bikes almost the whole
way, cursing and crying almost continuously. Or the newbie that got taken up Fisher/Williams (my
recent RR) and was abandoned by his more experienced buddy halfway in.

Having a goal like this trip to motivate your training is a great thing. Even if it doesn't
ultimately work out to come. At least you've pushed yourself and trained as if you were gonna do it.

I've done a couple mtn epics this summer with the Wed a.m. group of beginner/intermediate riders
that I've been taking out on my singlespeed for some time, every Wed a.m. like clockwork. Makes a
pappa proud to see them push themselves and make some fairly tough rides happen.

Goal setting that gets you up in the morning and throwing a leg over your bike is critical to
improvement, though.

Here's a link to a writeup of the course planned for next year, but ridden from the reverse
direction, and not all the way to Duck Lake: It was a Blast.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&safe=off&selm=b9df8744.0209230843.63085c-
c5%40posting.google.com

Paladin

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Better than black pudding?
> >
> > Nah, just different! (I love black pudding if it's a good one, and the
> town
> > where the best (and most 'world famous') are made is just around the
> corner
> > from here).
> >
> My pal James told me about it. I asked for a recipe, and gagged when I saw
> it.

Basically pigs blood and fat ',;~}~

> Misconception about Cajun food......it's spicy, not all that hot, unless
you
> choose to make it so.

All my food is chile-hot ',;~}~

> > > Of course it does. I add fat to my diet, in the form of flax seed oil,
> and
> > > olive oil.
> >
> > I use butter ',;~}~ (Just found a supplier of locally farm produced small batch, 'real'
butter
> > that is just the best I've ever, _ever_ tasted, by miles, hands down,
> etc.)
> >
> My grandmother use to hand all of us grandchildren jars filled with cream
> shake, until it made butter. I always loved coming out here (where I live now), and spent my
> summers and such here.

Oooo, bet that was good.

> > I love my olive oil, sesame oil, nut oils, bacon fat and stuff too
',;~}~

> Nothing wrong with any of those. It's the man mades, and the hydrogenated **** that kills ya.

And death. Death definately kills ya. Uh-huh.

> > Heheheheh - just don't be on the chiles first if you ever want her to
> invite
> > you to eat out again, eh?
> >
> lol

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Short term gratification. with long term effects.
> >
> > And the gratification is only the relief of it's own withdrawal
symptoms.

> Damn, never thought of it that way.

Me either until one of my tortuous quitting exploits.

> That's fjvcked up.

Truth.

> > > At least I can start the day with coffee now, and not scotch.
> >
> > Arrrgghhh! Now you got me craving for scotch Coffee! My favourite
morning
> > drink when camping out in the hills - big mug 2/3 full of hot strong
> coffee,
> > plenty sugar and milk, last 1/3 filled with scotch....hmmmm........or brandy........or
> > rum..........heheheh......
> >
> Sounds good in theory, but would end up a disaster for me. :)

Aye, well! Usually ended that way for me too, 'cos one cup of coffee just ain't enough,
heheheheh.........Still, made the walks and climbs of the day uhhhmmm, interesting.......

> > myself,
> > > >
> > > If I gotta clean it....
> >
> > Blood and guts and....stuff? Nay bothar! (As they say in Scotland or summink....).
> >
> *gags*

Yes, I'd probably have to wear a gag.

> > > I've always got something to do, but manage to reschedule it tomorrow.
> >
> > Procrastination is certainly time consuming.
> >
> It's consumed 42 years of my life.

Heheheh - no putting off them birthdays eh?

> > Hey, you're precheing to the precher here.
> >
> Amen!

Ahwomen! ',;~}~

> > > It was for the best. She could not stay upright for more than five
> > minutes.
> >
> > Horny sort, huh?
> >
> Unfortunately..........no.

Heheheh - worth a shot ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]....

Think I

> > > Even a clock is right twice a day. So even if you have to walk the first mile to Duck Lake,
> > > and then the next mile to the summit, after that it really is 10 to 14 miles of moderately
> > > technical, but jazzed rockin fun down 20-Mile Creek. After finishing that last year, I laid
> > > down and said to Adam, our local boy, "I survived it and can now die a happy man."
> > >
> > Oh man, that sounds awesome! Before I would ever make a trip like that,
> > would do some serious riding/training the months leading up to it. I wouldn't want to go that
> > far just to bonk, and do a lot of walking. :)
> >

> That's a *very wise* approach, and if followed will increase your success and enjoyment and
> maximize the quality of the trip exponentially. These are not trails that you can just show up on
> and hope to wing it and get through.
>
> Like a couple first-time riders I saw on Amasaback in Moab. They pushed their bikes almost the
> whole way, cursing and crying almost continuously. Or the newbie that got taken up Fisher/Williams
> (my recent RR) and was abandoned by his more experienced buddy halfway in.

I did a trip like that once to one of our national forest that had climbs unlike anything I've ever
done. I've not trained enough for something like this. Even worse, I was not aware at how tough they
were. I was so pumped for the trip, I did not eat the night before, nor did I eat that morning. I
drove for over two hours to get to some beautiful pine forest trails, so I could bonk (I mean
bonk!!) in six miles!! Feeling like a real idiot, I loaded the bike up, and headed for the Burger
King I remember seeing off of I-49 to get some much needed food. I was so ill prepared for that
ride. I learned from it though.

> Having a goal like this trip to motivate your training is a great thing. Even if it doesn't
> ultimately work out to come. At least you've pushed yourself and trained as if you were
> gonna do it.

Yes, preperation is the key!

> I've done a couple mtn epics this summer with the Wed a.m. group of beginner/intermediate riders
> that I've been taking out on my singlespeed for some time, every Wed a.m. like clockwork. Makes a
> pappa proud to see them push themselves and make some fairly tough rides happen.
>
> Goal setting that gets you up in the morning and throwing a leg over your bike is critical to
> improvement, though.
>
> Here's a link to a writeup of the course planned for next year, but ridden from the reverse
> direction, and not all the way to Duck Lake: It was a Blast.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&safe=off&selm=b9df8744.0209230843.63085c-
c5%40posting.google.com

That is a great story. I've never ridden rocks before, as there are none here to be found. The very
thought intimidates me somewhat.

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> deluxe model scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> >>>
> > Oh man, that sounds awesome! Before I would ever make a trip like that, I would do some serious
> > riding/training the months leading up to it. I wouldn't want to go that far just to bonk, and do
> > a lot of walking. :)
> >
> >> You'll love it or double your entrance fee back.
> >>
> > Really?
>

> others show up that way, but it's not recommended.

With where I live now, in the future, fitness should not be a problem.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Nah, just different! (I love black pudding if it's a good one, and the
> > town
> > > where the best (and most 'world famous') are made is just around the
> > corner
> > > from here).
> > >
> > My pal James told me about it. I asked for a recipe, and gagged when I
saw
> > it.
>
> Basically pigs blood and fat ',;~}~

I'm sure if I was to try it, I could get past that.

> > Misconception about Cajun food......it's spicy, not all that hot, unless
> you
> > choose to make it so.
>
> All my food is chile-hot ',;~}~

I like hot, but not so much so that I can no longer taste the food.

> > > I use butter ',;~}~ (Just found a supplier of locally farm produced small batch, 'real'
> butter
> > > that is just the best I've ever, _ever_ tasted, by miles, hands down,
> > etc.)
> > >
> > My grandmother use to hand all of us grandchildren jars filled with
cream
> > shake, until it made butter. I always loved coming out here (where I
live
> > now), and spent my summers and such here.
>
> Oooo, bet that was good.

Back in the day, we pretty much did not go to the store for much. Raised our own cattle, hogs,
chickens, veggies, and even had some hives for honey.

> > > I love my olive oil, sesame oil, nut oils, bacon fat and stuff too
> ',;~}~
> > >
> > Nothing wrong with any of those. It's the man mades, and the
hydrogenated
> > **** that kills ya.
>
> And death. Death definately kills ya. Uh-huh.

Slow death.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > And the gratification is only the relief of it's own withdrawal
> symptoms.
> > >
> > Damn, never thought of it that way.
>
> Me either until one of my tortuous quitting exploits.
>
> > That's fjvcked up.
>
> Truth.

I'm motivationg myself, that once my new bike is done, and I start riding, I get off of nicotine
once, and for all. I'm hoping my enthusiasm is enough to get me through.

> > > Arrrgghhh! Now you got me craving for scotch Coffee! My favourite
> morning
> > > drink when camping out in the hills - big mug 2/3 full of hot strong
> > coffee,
> > > plenty sugar and milk, last 1/3 filled with scotch....hmmmm........or brandy........or
> > > rum..........heheheh......
> > >
> > Sounds good in theory, but would end up a disaster for me. :)
>
> Aye, well! Usually ended that way for me too, 'cos one cup of coffee just ain't enough,
> heheheheh.........Still, made the walks and climbs of the
day
> uhhhmmm, interesting.......

A pal of mine broke his wrist while drinking, and riding.

<snip gross shite>

> > > Procrastination is certainly time consuming.
> > >
> > It's consumed 42 years of my life.
>
> Heheheh - no putting off them birthdays eh?

Believe me, I've tried.

> > > Hey, you're precheing to the precher here.
> > >
> > Amen!
>
> Ahwomen! ',;~}~

I like that!

> > > minutes.
> > >
> > > Horny sort, huh?
> > >
> > Unfortunately..........no.
>
> Heheheh - worth a shot ',;~}~

Never turned me down, but it was always 'my' idea.

"deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]....
>
> > Having a goal like this trip to motivate your training is a great thing. Even if it doesn't
> > ultimately work out to come. At least you've pushed yourself and trained as if you were gonna
> > do it.
> >
> Yes, preperation is the key!
>
> > I've done a couple mtn epics this summer with the Wed a.m. group of beginner/intermediate riders
> > that I've been taking out on my singlespeed for some time, every Wed a.m. like clockwork. Makes
> > a pappa proud to see them push themselves and make some fairly tough rides happen.
> >
> > Goal setting that gets you up in the morning and throwing a leg over your bike is critical to
> > improvement, though.
> >
> > Here's a link to a writeup of the course planned for next year, but ridden from the reverse
> > direction, and not all the way to Duck Lake: It was a Blast.
> >

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&safe=off&selm=b9df8744.0209230843.630-
> 85cc5%40posting.google.com
> >
> That is a great story. I've never ridden rocks before, as there are none here to be found. The
> very thought intimidates me somewhat.

When I'm going over rocks, you can often hear me shouting like The Greatest, "float like a
butterfly, sting like a bee!" to remind me to keep loose and light.

I think everybody but the Freak were at least a little concerned about Ruby Meadows to Loon Lake
this last summer at our annual epic. If it wasn't the heat, it was the elevation. If not those two
then the technical difficulties. If not that, then the distance. Whatever. It's easy to get
psyched out before you even start. Some were more prepared than others. I was concerned as the
esteemed host and organizer about somebody biffing bad or bonking half-way in, but everybody
eventually made it out.

My best time on rocks was outside the Holy City 3 yrs ago. It was quite a treat because we don't get
to ride real technical stuff every day around here in the high desert. If you are interested, I had
some fun here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&safe=off&selm=38F1E24F.AC31F031%40nospam-
uswest.net

One thing I learned in government work: everybody's scared. You just get after it and do it.

This year it will be less aerobically challenging and more technical. Gravity in the right
directions. And lots of fun.

Paladin

On 16 Sep 2003 20:42:06 -0700, Paladin <[email protected]> penned:

> When I'm going over rocks, you can often hear me shouting like The Greatest, "float like a
> butterfly, sting like a bee!" to remind me to keep loose and light.

I discovered last weekend that my personal chant is "you can do it. you can do it. c'mon monique,
you can do it." Mainly for uphills. As I was crawling up the slope, I suddenly noticed that I'd been
chanting the above for quite some time ... never even noticed I'd started it. It seems to help;
don't know why.

Yes, I'm a freak.

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

deluxe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > My pal James told me about it. I asked for a recipe, and gagged when I
> saw
> > > it.
> >
> > Basically pigs blood and fat ',;~}~
> >
> I'm sure if I was to try it, I could get past that.

They taste damned fine!

> > > Misconception about Cajun food......it's spicy, not all that hot,
unless
> > you
> > > choose to make it so.
> >
> > All my food is chile-hot ',;~}~
> >
> I like hot, but not so much so that I can no longer taste the food.

I can still taste the food, even if I make it litterally eye watering hot. I don't do this very
often though, for various reasons and one in particular........

> > Oooo, bet that was good.
> >
> Back in the day, we pretty much did not go to the store for much. Raised
our
> own cattle, hogs, chickens, veggies, and even had some hives for honey.

I'd love to live a similar life, as would my wife. Daughter though would raise all hell if she
didn't get to a shop daily and Burger King/Mac D's at least once a week! Heheheheh.......

> > And death. Death definately kills ya. Uh-huh.
> >
> Slow death.

Yeah, we're born with it.

Shaun aRe

deluxe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Truth.
> >
> I'm motivationg myself, that once my new bike is done, and I start riding,
> get off of nicotine once, and for all. I'm hoping my enthusiasm is enough
> get me through.

All the best with that.

> > Aye, well! Usually ended that way for me too, 'cos one cup of coffee
just
> > ain't enough, heheheheh.........Still, made the walks and climbs of the
> day
> > uhhhmmm, interesting.......
> >
> A pal of mine broke his wrist while drinking, and riding.

I got a few srapes doing that.......

> > > Amen!
> >
> > Ahwomen! ',;~}~
> >
> I like that!

Heheheh - me too!

> > Heheheh - worth a shot ',;~}~
> >
> Never turned me down, but it was always 'my' idea.

Well, that's half way there ',;~}~

Shaun aRe never have to ask.......