Another one...

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:58:49 -0700, Penny S <[email protected]> penned:
>>
>> way back when, ( early 80's) it was a 30 day common law deal. Mr Adventure and I took that route
>> for car insurance savings as young twenty-somethings. Have they changed that or is it still the
>> same, 30 days?
>>
>> penny
>>

> Honestly not sure ... but we've had renter's and house insurance now in both of our names for
> about a year ...
>
> We kept separate car insurance plans for no real reason I can think of; I guess we both like the
> companies we have already.

We did this when he was 21 or so... the savings on getting a "married" policy were very significant
to some poor straving college students.

penny

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:12:33 -0700, Penny S <[email protected]> penned:

> We did this when he was 21 or so... the savings on getting a "married" policy were very
> significant to some poor straving college students.
>
> penny

I don't really want to invite the kind of scrutiny of my driving record that switching insurance
companies would seem to require ...

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

>>>Chyk seems like a cross between Klingon and Rominan, mangled through

>>I don't know what Rominan is, but maybe you shut put the star trek books down and back away,
>>slowly =P
>

> P.

Turned 40 yesterday. Must be gettin' old. I read it as "Romanian" the first time around, and thought
Monique was...um...well...kinda thick. Sorry Monique. As the kids in class say "My bad" :p

Cheers, Shawn

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 01:06:01 GMT, Shawn Curry <[email protected]> penned:

> Turned 40 yesterday. Must be gettin' old. I read it as "Romanian" the first time around, and
> thought Monique was...um...well...kinda thick. Sorry Monique. As the kids in class say "My
> bad" :p
>
> Cheers, Shawn

At first blush I assumed "Romanian" too, but I think I noticed the typo while replying.

Apology accepted =P

--

Sorni wrote:

> "Super Slinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>OTOH, I have never been impressed with the 'grrl' thing. I'm not talking about you or Penny, but
>>it makes me think of a woman who is too eager to react violently to harmless things like the word
>>'chick'.
>

> I never think of the "grrr" thing when I see grrl. It connotes more of a "tough girl/one of the
> guys" kind of image to me. (Sort of like those "Biker Chiks" or "Girls {Heart} Dirt" logos.)
>
> Bill "has a female friend who has issues with the word 'gal' however" S.

When I see Grrl, I tend to think of the growl (purr?) Roy Orbison did in "Oh Pretty Woman".

And you look lovely as can be Are you lonely just like me GRRRRRRoww!

Probably not the desired interpretation, but there you have it.

Just my non-PC $.02 Shawn

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Eeeeewww!

Yeah - like I said, utterly disgusting of me >',;~}~

> > > Tell me about suit dumplings?
> >
> > It's made from flour and suit (shredded beef fat/dripping coated on
flour
> > help it blend). You make this dough, make little balls of it (1/2 - 1
inch
> > round), drop them in the pot with the soup/stew etc. and cover. They
swell
> > little and go all gooey-yummy. Bloody good stuff!
> >
> I can see how it can be good.

If made well, they soak in a lot of the juices - bloody gorgeous they are.

> Here in our part of the world, the Cajuns fried up some heart attack food stuff with the pork
> skins, called
cracklins.
> I don't eat it often, but it's great!

'Pork scratchings' they're known as here for the most part, but 'crackling' is used when the skin is
roasted on the meat. Good stuff - 50/50 protein/fat, so has it's usefulness really.

> > Not too well today, only managed 2 slices toasted bread and a nectarine. Gonna raid the kitchen
> > tonight though!
> >
> I wrecked my diet today, by stopping off at a little country store for a plate lunch. The chyk
> working there looks mighty nice. :)

So, you eat her too ? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...

> > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > It's a good investment. Your lungs start to recover almost right away,
> >
> > I know - I gave up for 9 months a long while ago, more recently I
managed
> > 10, another time 5 - I know what a difference it makes!
> >
> If you were a heroin addict, you'd have an easier time of it.

I took smack for a few years (don't worry, it's old news here, and it was long time ago), gave it up
one day when I just 'woke up' - easy as pie compared to giving up the smokes.

> I'm still addicted to nicotine, but do not smoke. I need to get off of the stuff though. Nicotine
> constricts your cardio system.

It sucks - it costs your body so much, for so little reward.

> > > Not that bad when I unknowingly had some.
> >
> > Then what you got against it?
> >
> It's all in my head.

No, I'm sure some of it's out here, or we'd all have nothing.

> The same reason why I never got into hunting. If I
> can't buy it at the store, I don't want to eat it.

I have a different POV - If I ain't at least _prepared_ to kill it myself, I won't eat it.

> > > Yeah, I'm not a fan of gamey food.
> >
> > Nah, I meant the usual answer to such questions always seems to be
> something
> > like "Hmmm, tastes a bit like chicken!" ',;~}~
> >
> But gamey.

D'oh!

> > > Ah......marriage will do that.
> >
> > It's not the marriage, it's just how much has been going on lately -
just
> > had no time! She keeps telling me I oughta be on the bike more, she has
no
> > problem with that.
> >
> For me, it was the routine. The routine took so much free time. I could
ride
> when I had time.

Heheheh - I've certainly always got something to do, but that's my nature anyway.

> > > Take her riding, but take it easy.
> >
> > I built a bike up out of a couple of old ones she had kicking around,
but
> > she's not really into it. We've pottered around on road a couple of
times,
> > and probably will do more.
> >
> Just take it easy on her.

She knows I won't push her where she doesn't want to go.

> It was my ex that got me to go out to the trail with her. She was the one that had a bad time
> (through no fault of mine), and never went back.

That sucks.

Shaun aRe had a day off yesterday (ill as ****!) but I'm back now and not quite dead yet. Y'all can
stop frettin' already.

Penny S <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> >> it has no meaning. At least chick does, some cute young thing that gets the blood flowing (??)
> >
> > Weird. To me, "chick" connotes "cool, slightly edgy, attractive young woman." Fun to be with,
> > not just to look at!
> >
> > Dictionary.com lists, as its third definition, "Slang. A girl or young woman." ... not
> > particularly descriptive.
> >
> > Based on your posts, Penny, I'd call you a chick, though I don't know your age. Hope you don't
> > mind =P
> >

> >> Chyk seems like a cross between Klingon and Rominan, mangled through

> > I don't know what Rominan is, but maybe you shut put the star trek books down and back away,
> > slowly =P

Romulan!!)

That's two copulation expletives in as many posts Penny, wassup, midlife crisis triggered
rebellion? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Penny S wrote:
> > Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> >
> >>On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:15:24 GMT, Super Slinky <[email protected]> penned:

> >>One woman is not all woman-kind =)
> >>
> >>I admit to extremely briefly wondering whether "chyk" was supposed to have a positive or
> >>negative connotation. And on second reading just now, I wondered if it might have an intended
> >>relationship to "dyke"?
> >

> > hence my reference to womyn and wimmin, names created by seperatist feminists. Oh and let's not
> > forget wymyn....(roll eyes)
> >
> > I've been wondering what the reaction would be if women start coming up
with
> > all these cutesy names for men that would have to be puzzled out. Dewd, that's been done. But
> > what about gye? Gie? Gize for more than one?
Stuhd?
> > What would it mean? <snip>
>
> I've already seen "boi" and "boyz". Both tend to trip the same gag reflex triggered by "grrl",
> "wymyn" or "chyk".
>
> All of it strikes me as just too precious. If somebody wants to define my by gender, woman, lady
> or girl (if you insist) is good enough. If you want to get more specific than that, there's a
> whole rainbow of adjectives out there that can get the point across without resorting to made up
> words with cutesy spellings.

So, how's about 'red-hot harridan' then?

Shaun aRe - just askin' like..........

Monique Y. Herman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:22:27 -0500, deluxe model <[email protected]>
penned:

> True enough =) Don't worry, I'm not despondent over my lack of girly-ness. I seem to be doing all
> right for myself. (We finally bought wedding rings yesterday! Yay! Now just gotta get both sets of
> parents in town at the same time so we can go visit the JotP ...)

Wheeyyyyyyyyyyy! Congratuluckingfations Monique! Haverguddun wontcha!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:00:42 +0100, Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> penned:

> Monique Y. Herman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:22:27 -0500, deluxe model <[email protected]>
> penned:
>
>> True enough =) Don't worry, I'm not despondent over my lack of girly-ness. I seem to be doing all
>> right for myself. (We finally bought wedding rings yesterday! Yay! Now just gotta get both sets
>> of parents in town at the same time so we can go visit the JotP ...)
>
> Wheeyyyyyyyyyyy! Congratuluckingfations Monique! Haverguddun wontcha!
>

> ',;~}~

Thank you muchly! We definitely will!

(Who would guess that our parents' only request, to actually be present even if we're just making an
appt. with a judge, would be so difficult to orchestrate?)

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]...
> > I'm still addicted to nicotine, but do not smoke. I need to get off of the stuff though.
> > Nicotine constricts your cardio system.
>
> It sucks - it costs your body so much, for so little reward.

Short term gratification. with long term effects. At least I can start the day with coffee now, and
not scotch.

> > It's all in my head.
>
> No, I'm sure some of it's out here, or we'd all have nothing.

Jo0 funny guy!

> > The same reason why I never got into hunting. If I
> > can't buy it at the store, I don't want to eat it.
>
> I have a different POV - If I ain't at least _prepared_ to kill it myself,
> won't eat it.

If I gotta clean it....

> > For me, it was the routine. The routine took so much free time. I could
> ride
> > when I had time.
>
> Heheheh - I've certainly always got something to do, but that's my nature anyway.

I've always got something to do, but manage to reschedule it tomorrow.

> > Just take it easy on her.
>
> She knows I won't push her where she doesn't want to go.

and don't take off, and leave her behind.

> > It was my ex that got me to go out to the trail with her. She was the one that had a bad time
> > (through no fault of
mine),
> > and never went back.
>
> That sucks.

It was for the best. She could not stay upright for more than five minutes.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > It's made from flour and suit (shredded beef fat/dripping coated on
> flour
> > > help it blend). You make this dough, make little balls of it (1/2 - 1
> inch
> > > round), drop them in the pot with the soup/stew etc. and cover. They
> swell
> > > little and go all gooey-yummy. Bloody good stuff!
> > >
> > I can see how it can be good.
>
> If made well, they soak in a lot of the juices - bloody gorgeous they are.

Better than black pudding?

> > Here in our part of the world, the Cajuns fried up some heart attack food stuff with the pork
> > skins, called
> cracklins.
> > I don't eat it often, but it's great!
>
> 'Pork scratchings' they're known as here for the most part, but
'crackling'
> is used when the skin is roasted on the meat. Good stuff - 50/50 protein/fat, so has it's
> usefulness really.

Of course it does. I add fat to my diet, in the form of flax seed oil, and olive oil.

> > > Not too well today, only managed 2 slices toasted bread and a
nectarine.
> > > Gonna raid the kitchen tonight though!
> > >
> > I wrecked my diet today, by stopping off at a little country store for a plate lunch. The chyk
> > working there looks mighty nice. :)
>
> So, you eat her too ? ',;~}~

That is my goal.

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:37:25 -0500, deluxe model <[email protected]>
penned:

> > "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Yay! Now just gotta get both sets of parents in town at the same time so we can go visit the
> >>JotP ...)
> >>
> > Do they live out of state?
>
> Yup. We're in Colorado; my parents are in North Carolina and his are in Arizona. That alone
> wouldn't be such a big deal, but of course, being retired, they have their own agendas; many trips
> planned to see various friends and relatives.

My parents are retired as well, but the longest trips they make are to town.

> Fortunately, neither fiance nor I can stomach the idea of planning a wedding, so we're just going
> to pick a day, do the justice of the peace thing, and maybe have a nice dinner with the parents.
> This makes date-setting pretty easy, in theory. I'm eyeing the first week of December, for no
> better reason than that it's the first time in the near future that I think we'll all be
> available.
>
> Right now, we're trying to decide what to do with the rings -- fiance would like to wear them but
> call them engagement rings (don't have the real thing); I would like to wear them and call
> ourselves married before the actual event. We'll see what happens. Not that it really matters; I
> think we're pretty much de facto married based on Colorado law.

My first and only marriage was to someone doing it for the second time. She wanted the big to do,
and 'we' paid for it. I would have been happy doing it your way.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:28:45 -0500, deluxe model <[email protected]> penned:

> My parents are retired as well, but the longest trips they make are to town.

I've always been lucky in that my parents are pretty "young" for their age -- especially lucky since
mom had me in her late 30s. They are constantly on road trips visiting friends; we also have some
relatives in Germany, including my grandmother, so they travel there pretty often.

I often complain that, now that they're retired, I can't get in touch with them at all -- they're
always having friends over, or visiting someone, or participating in local civic clubs, etc. Pretty
cool, actually.

> My first and only marriage was to someone doing it for the second time. She wanted the big to do,
> and 'we' paid for it. I would have been happy doing it your way.

I can understand that some people want a big "event" -- it's just not
me. I'd rather spend the money on other things, and I'd rather spend my time in other ways. I've
been keeping tabs on a long-time friend as she plans her wedding, and it just seems insane.
Besides, I figure that other than the bride, groom, and parents, pretty much everyone else is
there purely to support the couple, and not because they think a wedding is just the coolest
thing they could possibly be doing today. I'd rather do the wedding quietly, then throw a
huge-ass party next spring or something and invite everyone I've ever heard of. Might just
invite this crowd if you're nice =P

My fiance had some vague idea that my parents would pay for the wedding, since, you know, they're
the bride's parents. I could never ask my parents for money for a wedding -- good grief, they're
retired, and we're engineer DINKs! Anyway, they covered all of college, which is already way above
and beyond the call of duty.

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > flour
> > inch
> > swell
> > > >
> > > I can see how it can be good.
> >
> > If made well, they soak in a lot of the juices - bloody gorgeous they
are.

> Better than black pudding?

Nah, just different! (I love black pudding if it's a good one, and the town where the best (and most
'world famous') are made is just around the corner from here).

Oh, with dumplin's, you can add different flavours to suit what you're 'dump' in them in - chopped
chile, herbs, garlic etc.

> > 'Pork scratchings' they're known as here for the most part, but 'crackling' is used when the
> > skin is roasted on the meat. Good stuff - 50/50 protein/fat, so has it's usefulness really.
> >
> Of course it does. I add fat to my diet, in the form of flax seed oil, and olive oil.

I use butter ',;~}~ (Just found a supplier of locally farm produced small batch, 'real' butter that
is just the best I've ever, _ever_ tasted, by miles, hands down, etc.)

I love my olive oil, sesame oil, nut oils, bacon fat and stuff too ',;~}~

> > > I wrecked my diet today, by stopping off at a little country store for
> > > plate lunch. The chyk working there looks mighty nice. :)
> >
> > So, you eat her too ? ',;~}~
> >
> That is my goal.

Heheheheh - just don't be on the chiles first if you ever want her to invite you to eat out
again, eh?

Shaun aRe - BT, DT, GBATH!

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...

> > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:%[email protected]...
> > > I'm still addicted to nicotine, but do not smoke. I need to get off of the stuff though.
> > > Nicotine constricts your cardio system.
> >
> > It sucks - it costs your body so much, for so little reward.
> >
> Short term gratification. with long term effects.

And the gratification is only the relief of it's own withdrawal symptoms.

> At least I can start the day with coffee now, and not scotch.

Arrrgghhh! Now you got me craving for scotch Coffee! My favourite morning drink when camping out in
the hills - big mug 2/3 full of hot strong coffee, plenty sugar and milk, last 1/3 filled with
scotch....hmmmm........or brandy........or rum..........heheheh......

> > > It's all in my head.
> >
> > No, I'm sure some of it's out here, or we'd all have nothing.
> >
> Jo0 funny guy!

Aye, and not just to look at.........

> > I have a different POV - If I ain't at least _prepared_ to kill it
myself,
> > won't eat it.
> >
> If I gotta clean it....

Blood and guts and....stuff? Nay bothar! (As they say in Scotland or summink....).

> > > For me, it was the routine. The routine took so much free time. I
could
> > ride
> > > when I had time.
> >
> > Heheheh - I've certainly always got something to do, but that's my
nature
> > anyway.
> >
> I've always got something to do, but manage to reschedule it tomorrow.

Procrastination is certainly time consuming.

> > > Just take it easy on her.
> >
> > She knows I won't push her where she doesn't want to go.
> >
> and don't take off, and leave her behind.

Hey, you're precheing to the precher here.

> > That sucks.
> >
> It was for the best. She could not stay upright for more than five
minutes.

Horny sort, huh?

Shaun aRe

Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> I don't mind "broad", either.

With and **** like yours it's a good job too.

Shaun aRe (Now now, it wasn't personal or even true - feel free to be mean to me - I don't
care! ',;~}~ )

A smarter man would run now, right?

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:34:02 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>> I don't mind "broad", either.
>

> With and **** like yours it's a good job too.

You're a brave man aRe. I wrote a few responses to that, and then just decided to leave
well alone...

> A smarter man would run now, right?

Yep - down the nuclear. It's the weekend :)

"deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> There is only one trail here close by. A couple more a little over an hour away. Anything else
> will involve driving. They are decent enough, but I would love to ride some different trails one
> day. Maybe even a trail on an actual mountain!

Keep your eyes peeled for next July AMB-Idaho 2004. We might get lucky and find you an
actual mountain.

Paladin