Another one...

> deluxe model wrote:
>
> >> Of course I had the pizza up in Jersey, which has
> >>
> >>some

> >>Eeeewwww! You relli don' wanna put that on a pizza, dude........
> >>

> > What's that?
>
> Period. On a pizza. Eeeewwww indeed.

I know - some peeps just has no taste!

Shaun aRe - shoulda put it on a sarnie.

Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Heheheheh - wish you had an m.peg of that!
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> Me too. What you'd see is 2 very average, relatively fit looking guys standing by the couch
> talking, the smaller (but definitely cooler) dude turns to do something when the attacker slips
> behind the other, gets his arms all entwined around the victim's neck, the victim goes gonzo and
> has them both about 2 feet off the ground, coming down fast. The intended victim landed on top. he
> he he. Nice of this guy to break my fall. Remember the scene in Bourne Identity when the bad guy
> breaks the fall of the Matt Damon in the stairwell? This was not quite so dramatic.
>
> A winning entrant in stupidest home videos.
>
> Paladin

Heheheh - sounds like y'all had fun there! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > So? Doesn't stop me mekkin' fun outa y'all.
> >
> Of course! My pal James Whyley from your part of the world does the same.

Ahhh, ain't that sweet!

> > > Just don't eat a bunch of them the night before a big ride is planned.
> > That,
> > > or bring a roll of paper with you.
> >
> > You think I haven't already found that out? Heheheh................
> >
> So did a riding pal, 'cept he had to use leaves (ouch!!).

Yeah, volcano butt syndrome ain't nice............

> > > I love the tomato paste as well, but was a little blown away by how
good
> > the
> > > pizza was without it. Of course I had the pizza up in Jersey, which
has
> > some
> > > of the best period.
> >
> > Eeeewwww! You relli don' wanna put that on a pizza, dude........
> >
> What's that?

"some of the best period"

I was being coarse. Disgusting of me really.

> > Oh yeah - gotta have bay leaves in. Suit dumplings too!
> >
> Tell me about suit dumplings?

It's made from flour and suit (shredded beef fat/dripping coated on flour to help it blend). You
make this dough, make little balls of it (1/2 - 1 inch round), drop them in the pot with the
soup/stew etc. and cover. They swell a little and go all gooey-yummy. Bloody good stuff!

> > I betcha. So, some dark and sinister story behind your givin' it up
then?
> > ',;~}~
> >
> Yes! I'm a drunk. I stopped over 4-1/2 years ago.

Good on ya mate - I got that from your other message yesterday.

> > > I think I've gained a few pound with this thread.
> >
> > Heheheheh - I felt like I was wasting away from starvation..........heheheh.......
> >
> Not me. Just had a taco salad, and coffee 'now'.

Not too well today, only managed 2 slices toasted bread and a nectarine. Gonna raid the kitchen
tonight though!

Shaun aRe

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > I quit smoking about five years ago because of mtb'ing.
> >
> > That's gonna be my prime motivation in all likelihood.
> >
> It's a good investment. Your lungs start to recover almost right away,

I know - I gave up for 9 months a long while ago, more recently I managed 10, another time 5 - I
know what a difference it makes!

> > So, a bit like capibara but smaller? Bet they taste quite good!
> >
> Not that bad when I unknowingly had some.

Then what you got against it?

> > > Gator taste kind of like gamey chicken.
> >
> > I was afraid you'd say that, heheheh..........
> >
> Yeah, I'm not a fan of gamey food.

Nah, I meant the usual answer to such questions always seems to be something like "Hmmm, tastes a
bit like chicken!" ',;~}~

> Not me! I've come close to missing a few, but I don't do drops, or
kamikaze
> stuff on purpose. I don't want to break me, or my bike.

Yeah, I'm pretty sane with that stuff too.

> > > It's legs for me, but not so much giving out, as much as it was a
> certain
> > > pain I was not used to. Still though, a ride, is a ride, is a ride,
and
> > they
> > > all hurt so good.
> >
> > Truth - gotta start getting more rides in again. I've been doing
virtually
> > sod all riding for too long - ill, moving house, moving again, planning
> > wedding, getting married, trying to find places for all the wedding
gifts
> > and stuff like that.
> >
> Ah......marriage will do that.

It's not the marriage, it's just how much has been going on lately - just had no time! She keeps
telling me I oughta be on the bike more, she has no problem with that.

> Take her riding, but take it easy.

I built a bike up out of a couple of old ones she had kicking around, but she's not really into it.
We've pottered around on road a couple of times, and probably will do more.

Shaun aRe

Paladin wrote:

> Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Paladin wrote:
>>
>> I wish he wasn't so much like I was at his age.
>>
>>>Paladin
>>
>>A fathers worst fears realized, "he is just like me".
>

> It's really pretty funny when I see myself in him. Right now there's this unconcious competition
> for who's really going to reign as the dominant alpha-male at the top of the pack.
>
> He's asserting himself, flexing his muscles, his ability to reason, challenge the rules, all part
> of the emotional, psychological development of getting ready to get out and cut his own way in
> life. We watch his attitude, and so long as that stays OK, I don't discourage his flexing and
> pushing. He decided the Friday before AMB-ID 2003 that he wanted to ride it the next day, and
> advanced rated ride at elevation, even though he had literally not been on his bike more than
> twice in 9 mos. Youth, determination, and strength kept him in the front of the pack pretty much
> the whole way. Sunday and Monday he was sick in bed, total shut down, but it shows how strong his
> will is when he sets his mind to something.
>
> However, as fun as being a dad is (and it's usually the greatest) It's been hard to have been
> magically transformed into an absolutely ignorant idiot once the kids entered teenage, but I've
> gotten used to
> it.
>
> Paladin

My son is only 10, but he is showing the same tendancies, attitude, posturing ... He may very well
be smarter than his mom and I, but we make the meals and the rules, he seems smart enought to
realize when he should not tell us how smart he is :) OTOH, it sure is fun watching them get their
testosterone up.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

Kathleen wrote:

> None of that is male specific. I've got a thirteen year-old daughter, and while the
> muscle-flexing is mainly verbal, she still needs to be reminded periodically of her relative
> position in the pack.
>
> There are times when the only thing between her and a major smack-down are my own very clear
> memories of what it was like to be that age, and the fact that I realize that the only thing worse
> than having a 13 year-old girl around is BEING a 13 year-old girl.
>
> Kathleen "This too shall pass"

I had a much tougher time dealing with my daughter at this age than my son. Probably several
contributing factors, easier to relate to a boy (I was raised by my dad with 2 brothers),
step-daughter factor, first kid at this age. I did as much learning as she did.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > That,
> > >
> > > You think I haven't already found that out? Heheheh................
> > >
> > So did a riding pal, 'cept he had to use leaves (ouch!!).
>
> Yeah, volcano butt syndrome ain't nice............

Thankfully it's never happened on a ride.

> > > Eeeewwww! You relli don' wanna put that on a pizza, dude........
> > >
> > What's that?
>
> "some of the best period"
>
> I was being coarse. Disgusting of me really.

Eeeeewww!

> > > Oh yeah - gotta have bay leaves in. Suit dumplings too!
> > >
> > Tell me about suit dumplings?
>
> It's made from flour and suit (shredded beef fat/dripping coated on flour
> help it blend). You make this dough, make little balls of it (1/2 - 1 inch round), drop them in
> the pot with the soup/stew etc. and cover. They swell
> little and go all gooey-yummy. Bloody good stuff!

I can see how it can be good. Here in our part of the world, the Cajuns fried up some heart attack
food stuff with the pork skins, called cracklins. I don't eat it often, but it's great!

> > > Heheheheh - I felt like I was wasting away from starvation..........heheheh.......
> > >
> > Not me. Just had a taco salad, and coffee 'now'.
>
> Not too well today, only managed 2 slices toasted bread and a nectarine. Gonna raid the kitchen
> tonight though!

I wrecked my diet today, by stopping off at a little country store for a plate lunch. The chyk
working there looks mighty nice. :)

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > That's gonna be my prime motivation in all likelihood.
> > >
> > It's a good investment. Your lungs start to recover almost right away,
>
> I know - I gave up for 9 months a long while ago, more recently I managed 10, another time 5 - I
> know what a difference it makes!

If you were a heroin addict, you'd have an easier time of it. I'm still addicted to nicotine, but do
not smoke. I need to get off of the stuff though. Nicotine constricts your cardio system.

> > > So, a bit like capibara but smaller? Bet they taste quite good!
> > >
> > Not that bad when I unknowingly had some.
>
> Then what you got against it?

It's all in my head. The same reason why I never got into hunting. If I can't buy it at the store, I
don't want to eat it.

> > > I was afraid you'd say that, heheheh..........
> > >
> > Yeah, I'm not a fan of gamey food.
>
> Nah, I meant the usual answer to such questions always seems to be
something
> like "Hmmm, tastes a bit like chicken!" ',;~}~

But gamey.

> > > Truth - gotta start getting more rides in again. I've been doing
> virtually
> > > sod all riding for too long - ill, moving house, moving again,
planning
> > > wedding, getting married, trying to find places for all the wedding
> gifts
> > > and stuff like that.
> > >
> > Ah......marriage will do that.
>
> It's not the marriage, it's just how much has been going on lately - just had no time! She keeps
> telling me I oughta be on the bike more, she has no problem with that.

For me, it was the routine. The routine took so much free time. I could ride when I had time.

> > Take her riding, but take it easy.
>
> I built a bike up out of a couple of old ones she had kicking around, but she's not really into
> it. We've pottered around on road a couple of times, and probably will do more.

Just take it easy on her. It was my ex that got me to go out to the trail with her. She was the one
that had a bad time (through no fault of mine), and never went back.

deluxe model wrote:
> I wrecked my diet today, by stopping off at a little country store for a plate lunch. The chyk
> working there looks mighty nice. :)

"chyk"

You have got to be kidding.

Grrl is tolerable and easily defined.

I assume chyk is the daughter of a womyn who hangs out with wimmin? None of which would be found
serving up plates in a southern dinner, unless it's an alternative lifestyle vegan place.

Penny

Penny S said...

> "chyk"

I like it. I really don't see why women get their blood pressure up over words like this.

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:15:24 GMT, Super Slinky <[email protected]> penned:
> Penny S said...
>
>> "chyk"
>
> I like it. I really don't see why women get their blood pressure up over words like this.

One woman is not all woman-kind =)

I admit to extremely briefly wondering whether "chyk" was supposed to have a positive or negative
connotation. And on second reading just now, I wondered if it might have an intended relationship
to "dyke"?

On the other hand, my reaction to grrl has always been ambivalence. On one hand, I generally like
the "tough chick" aura it's intended to convey; on the other hand, it strikes me as being a little
too self-aware and, well, trying too hard to "seem" like a "grrl." If you have to call yourself a
grrl, the grr must not come through very loudly. Better to walk the walk than talk the talk, etc etc
yadda yadda.

Was that four hands now?

I remember how upset my father was when I referred to myself and other young women as chicks, as a
teenager. He said that in his day, chick was definitely a word used as an insult by men to women, so
he was quite taken aback to hear it used by a woman.

As he often says, "Who you are is where you were when ..."

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:20:49 -0700, Penny S <[email protected]> penned:
> Super Slinky wrote:
>> Penny S said...
>>
>>> "chyk"
>>
>> I like it. I really don't see why women get their blood pressure up over words like this.
>
> it has no meaning. At least chick does, some cute young thing that gets the blood flowing (??)

Weird. To me, "chick" connotes "cool, slightly edgy, attractive young woman." Fun to be with, not
just to look at!

Dictionary.com lists, as its third definition, "Slang. A girl or young woman." ... not particularly
descriptive.

Based on your posts, Penny, I'd call you a chick, though I don't know your age. Hope you
don't mind =P

> Chyk seems like a cross between Klingon and Rominan, mangled through a

I don't know what Rominan is, but maybe you shut put the star trek books down and back
away, slowly =P

--

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> I remember how upset my father was when I referred to myself and other young women as chicks, as a
> teenager. He said that in his day, chick was definitely a word used as an insult by men to women,
> so he was quite taken aback to hear it used by a woman.

Curious. My grandmother gave herself the nickname "Chick". I guess she thought it was better than
"Betty-Lou". She later had B-L legally changed to something else entirely, but the older folks still
call her Chick.

At this point I think she'd be happy to be thought of as some cute thing by someone.

-Charlotte

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> deluxe model wrote:
> > I wrecked my diet today, by stopping off at a little country store for a plate lunch. The chyk
> > working there looks mighty nice. :)
>
> "chyk"
>
> You have got to be kidding.
>
> Grrl is tolerable and easily defined.
>
> I assume chyk is the daughter of a womyn who hangs out with wimmin? None
of
> which would be found serving up plates in a southern dinner, unless it's
an
> alternative lifestyle vegan place.

lol.....An attractive female was working there. How's that?

Super Slinky wrote:
> Penny S said...
>
>> "chyk"
>
> I like it. I really don't see why women get their blood pressure up over words like this.

it has no meaning. At least chick does, some cute young thing that gets the blood flowing (??) Chyk
seems like a cross between Klingon and Rominan, mangled through a

;-)

Penny

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:15:24 GMT, Super Slinky <[email protected]> penned:
>> Penny S said...
>>
>>> "chyk"
>>
>> I like it. I really don't see why women get their blood pressure up over words like this.
>
> One woman is not all woman-kind =)
>
> I admit to extremely briefly wondering whether "chyk" was supposed to have a positive or negative
> connotation. And on second reading just now, I wondered if it might have an intended relationship
> to "dyke"?

hence my reference to womyn and wimmin, names created by seperatist feminists. Oh and let's not
forget wymyn....(roll eyes)

I've been wondering what the reaction would be if women start coming up with all these cutesy names
for men that would have to be puzzled out. Dewd, that's been done. But what about gye? Gie? Gize for
more than one? Stuhd? What would it mean?

> On the other hand, my reaction to grrl has always been ambivalence. On one hand, I generally like
> the "tough chick" aura it's intended to convey; on the other hand, it strikes me as being a little
> too self-aware and, well, trying too hard to "seem" like a "grrl." If you have to call yourself a
> grrl, the grr must not come through very loudly. Better to walk the walk than talk the talk, etc
> etc yadda yadda.

heh, I just use it for fun. Mean fun and dirt and not being afraid to get out there, to me.

Chick has to be any female at least 20 years younger than me.

Penny

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:20:49 -0700, Penny S <[email protected]> penned:
>> Super Slinky wrote:
>>> Penny S said...

>>> I like it. I really don't see why women get their blood pressure up over words like this.
>>
>> it has no meaning. At least chick does, some cute young thing that gets the blood flowing (??)
>
> Weird. To me, "chick" connotes "cool, slightly edgy, attractive young woman." Fun to be with, not
> just to look at!
>
> Dictionary.com lists, as its third definition, "Slang. A girl or young woman." ... not
> particularly descriptive.
>
> Based on your posts, Penny, I'd call you a chick, though I don't know your age. Hope you
> don't mind =P
>

>> Chyk seems like a cross between Klingon and Rominan, mangled through

> I don't know what Rominan is, but maybe you shut put the star trek books down and back away,
> slowly =P

P.

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:15:24 GMT, Super Slinky <[email protected]>
penned:
> > Penny S said...
> >
> >> "chyk"
> >
> > I like it. I really don't see why women get their blood pressure up over words like this.
>
> One woman is not all woman-kind =)
>
> I wondered if it might have an intended relationship to "dyke"?

Not at all.

> On the other hand, my reaction to grrl has always been ambivalence. On one hand, I generally like
> the "tough chick" aura it's intended to convey; on the other hand, it strikes me as being a little
> too self-aware and, well, trying too hard to "seem" like a "grrl." If you have to call yourself a
> grrl, the grr must not come through very loudly. Better to walk the walk than talk the talk, etc
> etc yadda yadda.

I like girly grrls. One comes to mind I'd see at the trail was about 5'10", 'drop dead gorgeous',
knew how to be a lady, but could kick_my_ass on the trail.

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:35:05 -0500, deluxe model <[email protected]> penned:

> I like girly grrls. One comes to mind I'd see at the trail was about 5'10", 'drop dead gorgeous',
> knew how to be a lady, but could kick_my_ass on the trail.

Girly grrls irritate the hell out of me because I've never been able to manage it. It's just not
fair! Girls should divide into functional and girly, for easy categorization.

Yes, I'm joking. It's great that some women can do that ... it just leaves me seething with
jealousy =)

A woman at my old company was the high-maintenance, lots of makeup, professionally done nails with
little charms hanging off of them, etc., type. A bunch of us went out to play paintball ... and
damn, she could outshoot and outmaneuver every one of us, all without breaking a nail. (I should
have guessed it, of course, since she's ex-Army.)

It should be illegal, I tell you!