Another one...

deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Nah, I avoid that kind of workout.
> >
> > I can tell - you got a weak muscle up there, heheheheh........
> >
> Now that's just plain mean!

Thanks! >',;~}~

> > > Not much to worry about these days.
> >
> > I worry about food, beer, smokes - stuff like that, but only a tiny
little
> > bit, and only when I ain't got any.
> >
> I don't drink, or smoke anymore, but I still worry about when I ain't got any. :)

Quitting the smokes I can understand, but drink? Well, I think it must be because <insert mean
comment form earlier>.

> care
> > > for
> > > >
> > > I hate okra too. I can cook all the basics, like jambalaya, gumbo,
> > etouffee,
> >
> > Got any recipes?!?!? (here we are, back to food again FFS!!!!!!!!!
another
> > 3/4 hour to lunch time............)
> >
> To be honest, there are so damn many great mixes made locally, I don't
have
> to bother with recipes. I've even sent some of the mixes to a friend in Dorset (sp?).

Fair do's!

Reminds me - talkin to this guy, he said:

"Just been on holiday to Poole."

I said "In Dorset?"

Ha said: "I'd bloody recommend it to anyone."

(Yeah well, the old ones are the..ermmm, 'oldest'....ahem.)

> > > but my favorites, I have to go out to eat. Mike Anderson's is da
bomb!!
> > > http://www.mikeandersons.com/
> >
> > Oh, looks grand! Seafood.....love seafood! Crab, lobster,
langoustine/king
> > prawn, squid, octopus, shark, muscles - loe it all and more!
> >
> > > Then there's New Orleans.
> >
> > Ooooo, cajun, creole, seafood - damn you have got it good food wise! Do
> they
> > make Gator Gumbo?!?!?!? Heheheheh........
> >
> New Orleans is heavy into the creole.

Oh, I know's about that one ',;~}~

> I prefer a creole gumbo over a roux gumbo any day. That goes for pretty much most everything
> cajun. Gator
dishes
> can be had here. So can nutria, but I'm not a fan of eating giant rodents.

So, what kinda rodentis that then? Oh, and WTF does gator taste like? Always wondered......

> > > There is only one trail here close by. A couple more a little over an
> hour
> > > away. Anything else will involve driving. They are decent enough, but
> > > would love to ride some different trails one day. Maybe even a trail
on
> an
> > > actual mountain!
> >
> > Heheheh - yeah, know what you mean, although I'm not complaining -
there's
> > some excellent riding all around me (if I could only find more of it),
and
> > plenty better within driving distance (if only I drove...).
> >
> The local trail is a lot of fun. There are no real hills to climb, or to bomb down, but what we do
> have are straight up and down mini hills, that
you
> climb with momentum. They would be too steep to climb otherwise.

Roller-coaster!

> About four hours away, is Ruston, LA which has one of the better trails in the south. Real hills,
> with real climbs. I plan to go there. I've been to Lake Kincaid that had real hills. Liked to
> have killed me. It was the only time I've ever had to use my small chain ring. I found religion
> that day.

Yeah - it's my lungs that let me down first, but I'm not too bad a climber - have to be at least
half decent living around here since it's virtually all hills.

Shaun aRe

news:<[email protected]>...
> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> stretched
> > >
> > > You should have said, "tall enough to squish a mudbug like you".
> > >
> > I'm just a mere 6'3".
>

> 6'1" here, but not easily squishable.
>

> Shaun aRe - dems fightin' words bwoy.

Like my boy's Ringside shirt says, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight--it's the size of the
fight in the dog."

Paladin

[email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> stretched

> > > I'm just a mere 6'3".
> >

> > 6'1" here, but not easily squishable.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - dems fightin' words bwoy.
>

> Like my boy's Ringside shirt says, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight--it's the size of
> the fight in the dog."
>
> Paladin

Hmmm... I don't know... I've got a friend with an eminently bootable chihuahua who think's it's a
pitbull. Coco (yes, I know) is so small you've got to watch where you sit. The only way she could
possibly hurt you is with a protruding bone in the butt. I like to pick her up and watch her growl
and snap while I, in a soothing voice, say things like "Yes, Coco, awww, yes, and you're just 400
degrees and a blender ride away from being pate." /s

[email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> stretched

> > > I'm just a mere 6'3".
> >

> > 6'1" here, but not easily squishable.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - dems fightin' words bwoy.
>

> Like my boy's Ringside shirt says, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight--it's the size of
> the fight in the dog."
>
> Paladin

http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/1998-01-12/index.html

/s

[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
> >
> > Like my boy's Ringside shirt says, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight--it's the size of
> > the fight in the dog."
> >
> > Paladin
>
> Hmmm... I don't know... I've got a friend with an eminently bootable chihuahua who think's it's a
> pitbull. Coco (yes, I know) is so small you've got to watch where you sit. The only way she could
> possibly hurt you is with a protruding bone in the butt. I like to pick her up and watch her growl
> and snap while I, in a soothing voice, say things like "Yes, Coco, awww, yes, and you're just 400
> degrees and a blender ride away from being pate." /s

Reminds me of an incident 10 yrs ago when a big guy tries to choke me out in my own home after we
watch a video together, then he asks what do I do for fun, & I tell him I'm getting tired of
training almost every night, fighting a little in ISKA, instructing kids on weekends, sparring some
really good fighters, but thinking of hanging it all up at my age to do a lot more mountain biking.
The views, the cameraderie, the great outdoors, etc. were calling me. So the doof just up and says,
"If you're so tough, [whaat?] get out of this!!"

He didn't give me any time to diffuse the situation with an abundance of charm or wit, so reaction
kicked in, and my nearly hysterical wife had to call an ambulance to haul the turkey off on a
stretcher when the dust settled about 5 seconds later. I had to reenact the whole scene for the cops
and paramedics to avoid getting arrested for busting up this clown. (He even tried to get my
insurance to pay for the ambulance, the E.R., the casts, etc.!) Of course, they also sent a fire
truck to the house. [I wasn't that hot...!] And thank God I'm in Idaho where a guy can still defend
himself in his own home.

So I agree. Some dogs shouldn't get off the porch. Whatever.

Paladin

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
> > >
> > > Like my boy's Ringside shirt says, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight--it's the size
> > > of the fight in the dog."
> > >
> > > Paladin
> >
> > Hmmm... I don't know... I've got a friend with an eminently bootable chihuahua who think's it's
> > a pitbull. Coco (yes, I know) is so small you've got to watch where you sit. The only way she
> > could possibly hurt you is with a protruding bone in the butt. I like to pick her up and watch
> > her growl and snap while I, in a soothing voice, say things like "Yes, Coco, awww, yes, and
> > you're just 400 degrees and a blender ride away from being pate." /s
>
> Reminds me of an incident 10 yrs ago when a big guy tries to choke me out in my own home after we
> watch a video together, then he asks what do I do for fun, & I tell him I'm getting tired of
> training almost every night, fighting a little in ISKA, instructing kids on weekends, sparring
> some really good fighters, but thinking of hanging it all up at my age to do a lot more mountain
> biking. The views, the cameraderie, the great outdoors, etc. were calling me. So the doof just up
> and says, "If you're so tough, [whaat?] get out of this!!"
>
> He didn't give me any time to diffuse the situation with an abundance of charm or wit, so reaction
> kicked in, and my nearly hysterical wife had to call an ambulance to haul the turkey off on a
> stretcher when the dust settled about 5 seconds later. I had to reenact the whole scene for the
> cops and paramedics to avoid getting arrested for busting up this clown. (He even tried to get my
> insurance to pay for the ambulance, the E.R., the casts, etc.!) Of course, they also sent a fire
> truck to the house. [I wasn't that hot...!] And thank God I'm in Idaho where a guy can still
> defend himself in his own home.
>
> So I agree. Some dogs shouldn't get off the porch. Whatever.

Note to self: abandon that "sneak up behind Paladin and yell Boo!" plan.

Bill "closest thing like that for me was when a guy at camp socked me in the shoulder and hit a
nerve or something, as I punched him in the nose before I even knew I had swung" S.

bomba said...

> Omelette.

That's only in France. The Anglicised version is just how DM spelled it.

Super Slinky wrote:

>>Omelette.
>

> That's only in France. The Anglicised version is just how DM spelled it.

No, not the 'Anglicised' version, the 'bastardised American' version, for those too stupid to
spell properly.

Paladin wrote:
> [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>[email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
>>
>>>Like my boy's Ringside shirt says, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight--it's the size of
>>>the fight in the dog."
>>>
>>>Paladin
>>
>>Hmmm... I don't know... I've got a friend with an eminently bootable chihuahua who think's it's a
>>pitbull. Coco (yes, I know) is so small you've got to watch where you sit. The only way she could
>>possibly hurt you is with a protruding bone in the butt. I like to pick her up and watch her growl
>>and snap while I, in a soothing voice, say things like "Yes, Coco, awww, yes, and you're just 400
>>degrees and a blender ride away from being pate." /s
>

> Reminds me of an incident 10 yrs ago when a big guy tries to choke me out in my own home after we
> watch a video together, then he asks what do I do for fun, & I tell him I'm getting tired of
> training almost every night, fighting a little in ISKA, instructing kids on weekends, sparring
> some really good fighters, but thinking of hanging it all up at my age to do a lot more mountain
> biking. The views, the cameraderie, the great outdoors, etc. were calling me. So the doof just up
> and says, "If you're so tough, [whaat?] get out of this!!"
>
> He didn't give me any time to diffuse the situation with an abundance of charm or wit, so reaction
> kicked in, and my nearly hysterical wife had to call an ambulance to haul the turkey off on a
> stretcher when the dust settled about 5 seconds later. I had to reenact the whole scene for the
> cops and paramedics to avoid getting arrested for busting up this clown. (He even tried to get my
> insurance to pay for the ambulance, the E.R., the casts, etc.!) Of course, they also sent a fire
> truck to the house. [I wasn't that hot...!] And thank God I'm in Idaho where a guy can still
> defend himself in his own home.
>
> So I agree. Some dogs shouldn't get off the porch. Whatever.

Geeze. Something like that would have gone really badly at my house, too. I don't like
roughhousing, but on the rare occasions when I get sucked into it with Dan and the kids,
Zane (male border collie) goes absolutely ballistic. You've got a SWMBO at your house - my
title, at least according to Zane, is SWMNBW - She Who Must Not Be Wrestled. I'd rather not
be forced to try to eliminate those protective impulses, so for the safety of the rest of
the family, when the screeching and thrashing around and falling over the furniture starts,
Zane and I just vacate the premises. If an outsider grabbed me, we'd probably have to go
around with a bag and collect up all the various detached chunks and parts before the
ambulance could leave.

Kathleen

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Nothing, apart from it's full of Americans.....and
potatoes............

> > Oh come on, we're not all that bad.
>
> Pah!

For the most part at least

> > Egg salad samwiches rock. Your recipe is a bit different though.
>
> Yeah, mine is all about eggs and chiles. I love chiles. I think I eat _faaaaar_ to many chiles,
> but I like it that way. Some days, I can't get further than 50 yards from the loo, and have an
> intense burning in my
lower
> intestinal tract. When this happens, I wait until it's gone before I eat (many) more chiles.

Just don't eat a bunch of them the night before a big ride is planned. That, or bring a roll of
paper with you.

> I buy them by the pound (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 lb), have 'em raw with cheese
and
> cackers, cooked in stuff, dry some, make hot sauces with 'em and stuff
like
> that. Kath and meself grew some this year that've turned out pretty damned good too ',;~}~

I like them too, but my parents love them. They do a garden every year, and dedicate an entire row
to various peppers. I live next door, and help myself to them. :)

> > That sounds good. I've never made an 'omelet' that way,
>
> Oooo yera badun.

The beauty of an omelete is that anything goes, as far as fillings.

> > but have egg foo yung many times while eating out, which is very similar.
>
> Yup - indeed. Always puzzled me why they call it 'egg foo-yung', when according to a Chinese fella
> I once knew, 'foo-yung' just means 'egg-dish' anyhow, heheheheh........

I think the 'egg' part is added to the nym for the benefit of us foreigners that can't read Chinese.

> > I love a white pizza with just veggies.
>
> Oh, I have to have tomattie paste stuff on - my major 'beef' with most
pizza
> places is that they don't put near enough on. Oh, it has to have chiles on too, or it's just not a
> proper pizza.

I love the tomato paste as well, but was a little blown away by how good the pizza was without it.
Of course I had the pizza up in Jersey, which has some of the best period.

> > > That'd be great without the beans. You tried substituting them with
> green
> > > peas? Heheheheh.........
> > >
> > Yep, it's called split pea soup made pretty much exactly the same,
served
> up
> > with the onion, and hot sauce.
>
> Ahh - like to make that with a ham shank and split green peas - boil the shank whole on the bone
> until cooked, put the peas in the liquid along
with
> the shredded salty ham from the shank, add the usual suspects (and some unusual ones too, to taste
> of course), eat when done.

That's about how I do mine, but I add a few bay leaves, and throw in some pickled pork too.

> > > Arrrggghhhh!!! I get carried away talking about food, food and cooking
> it
> > is
> > > one of me favourite things ever - I get all hungry and
salivate.........
> > I'm
> > > gonna shut up now.....
> > >
> > I need to come over for dinner.
>
> Bring a bottle (or three) - I love drinking too. Oh, and I can't cook properly without an open
> bottle of good red wine and a big (1/4-1/3rd
bottle
> sized) wine glass to drink it from - I get all confused and can't remember what I'm supposed to be
> doing next, like there's something seriously
amiss,
> y'know? ',;~}~

After I stopped drinking, it was tough cooking without having that ballast in the other hand to
balance things out. :)

> > I love eating too.
>
> Me too, but to look at me, you wouldn't guess it at all.

I think I've gained a few pound with this thread.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]... I don't drink, or smoke anymore, but I still
> > worry about when I ain't
got
> > any. :)
>
> Quitting the smokes I can understand, but drink? Well, I think it must be because <insert mean
> comment form earlier>.

I quit smoking about five years ago because of mtb'ing. I quit drinking because it was no longer
my friend.

> > I prefer a creole gumbo over a roux gumbo any day. That goes for pretty much most everything
> > cajun. Gator
> dishes
> > can be had here. So can nutria, but I'm not a fan of eating giant
rodents.

> So, what kinda rodentis that then? Oh, and WTF does gator taste like?
Always
> wondered......

Nutria is an aquatic (they spend lots of time in the water) rodent that was imported from South, or
Central America, and are the size of a small/medium dog. They are overtaking the swamps, and bayous.
There is now a bounty of $5 or so for every tail you bring in to the wildlife peeps.

Gator taste kind of like gamey chicken.

> > The local trail is a lot of fun. There are no real hills to climb, or to bomb down, but what we
> > do have are straight up and down mini hills, that
> you
> > climb with momentum. They would be too steep to climb otherwise.
>
> Roller-coaster!

That's it exactly. Very, very fast and flowing. So fast in fact, you have to slow down some for
a lot of the downhils, or you'll miss them, and smack into the ground below. Not something I
want to do.

> > About four hours away, is Ruston, LA which has one of the better trails
in
> > the south. Real hills, with real climbs. I plan to go there. I've been
> > Lake Kincaid that had real hills. Liked to have killed me. It was the
only
> > time I've ever had to use my small chain ring. I found religion that
day.

> Yeah - it's my lungs that let me down first, but I'm not too bad a
climber -
> have to be at least half decent living around here since it's virtually
all
> hills.

It's legs for me, but not so much giving out, as much as it was a certain pain I was not used to.
Still though, a ride, is a ride, is a ride, and they all hurt so good.

bomba said...

> No, not the 'Anglicised' version, the 'bastardised American' version, for those too stupid to
> spell properly.

Take it up with the dictionary writers, but I'm sure you are much more brilliant than any of them.
Maybe you can change and rewrite history while you are at it.

Super Slinky wrote:

>>No, not the 'Anglicised' version, the 'bastardised American' version, for those too stupid to
>>spell properly.
>

> Take it up with the dictionary writers, but I'm sure you are much more brilliant than any of them.
> Maybe you can change and rewrite history while you are at it.

"Rewrite history?" By sticking with the original spelling of the word? There's logic in there
somewhere...

bomba said...

> "Rewrite history?" By sticking with the original spelling of the word? There's logic in there
> somewhere...

The prevailing usage and spelling, past and present, determines what is correct. Every word has a
history of spelling and usage changes. It is called etymology. That's how we end up with different
languages. French and Italian are both based on Latin, but one group of people bastardized it one
way and another group bastardized it differently. Considering the huge number of languages and
dialects spoken in Europe, it is ironic that a European would be so eager to say what is and isn't
correct. Read the first page of Robinson Crusoe and see what Daniel Dafoe had to say about how the
English treated language hundreds of years ago. Times and languages change, people don't.

> >>No, not the 'Anglicised' version, the 'bastardised American' version, for those too stupid to
> >>spell properly.
> >>

> > Omelete.
>
> WTF is that? ;)

A 'bastardized American' version, for those too stupid to spell properly.

> Been doing it for years...

Oh.

Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Paladin wrote:
> > [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> >>Hmmm... I don't know... I've got a friend with an eminently bootable chihuahua who think's it's
> >>a pitbull. Coco (yes, I know) is so small you've got to watch where you sit. The only way she
> >>could possibly hurt you is with a protruding bone in the butt. I like to pick her up and watch
> >>her growl and snap while I, in a soothing voice, say things like "Yes, Coco, awww, yes, and
> >>you're just 400 degrees and a blender ride away from being pate." /s
> >

> > Reminds me of an incident 10 yrs ago when a big guy tries to choke me out in my own home after
> > we watch a video together, then he asks what do I do for fun, & I tell him I'm getting tired of
> > training almost every night, fighting a little in ISKA, instructing kids on weekends, sparring
> > some really good fighters, but thinking of hanging it all up at my age to do a lot more mountain
> > biking. The views, the cameraderie, the great outdoors, etc. were calling me. So the doof just
> > up and says, "If you're so tough, [whaat?] get out of this!!"
> >
> > He didn't give me any time to diffuse the situation with an abundance of charm or wit, so
> > reaction kicked in, and my nearly hysterical wife had to call an ambulance to haul the turkey
> > off on a stretcher when the dust settled about 5 seconds later. I had to reenact the whole scene
> > for the cops and paramedics to avoid getting arrested for busting up this clown. (He even tried
> > to get my insurance to pay for the ambulance, the E.R., the casts, etc.!) Of course, they also
> > sent a fire truck to the house. [I wasn't that hot...!] And thank God I'm in Idaho where a guy
> > can still defend himself in his own home.
> >
> > So I agree. Some dogs shouldn't get off the porch. Whatever.
>
> Geeze. Something like that would have gone really badly at my house, too. I don't like
> roughhousing, but on the rare occasions when I get sucked into it with Dan and the kids,
> Zane (male border collie) goes absolutely ballistic. You've got a SWMBO at your house - my
> title, at least according to Zane, is SWMNBW - She Who Must Not Be Wrestled. I'd rather not
> be forced to try to eliminate those protective impulses, so for the safety of the rest of
> the family, when the screeching and thrashing around and falling over the furniture starts,
> Zane and I just vacate the premises. If an outsider grabbed me, we'd probably have to go
> around with a bag and collect up all the various detached chunks and parts before the
> ambulance could leave.
>
> Kathleen

If something like this were to happen now, our indoor dog, Tinker Bell the Pomeranian, would
probably yap a lot and think we were playing hide and seek or tag, his favorite games.

This particular person couldn't breath for a while, and I feared a punctured lung. He turned a
sickly shade of blue, then grey-green with tears streaming down his face, unable to talk, but his
saucer sized eyes were in a panic. Then his breathing came back, etc., but had a buntcha busted ribs
& owwies. Serves him right.

Paladin

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This particular person couldn't breath for a while, and I feared a punctured lung. He turned a
> sickly shade of blue, then grey-green with tears streaming down his face, unable to talk, but his
> saucer sized eyes were in a panic. Then his breathing came back, etc., but had a buntcha busted
> ribs & owwies. Serves him right.

I'm wondering, just what that moron was thinking in the first place that possessed him to do it?

Paladin said...

> If something like this were to happen now, our indoor dog, Tinker Bell the Pomeranian, would
> probably yap a lot and think we were playing hide and seek or tag, his favorite games.
>
> This particular person couldn't breath for a while, and I feared a punctured lung. He turned a
> sickly shade of blue, then grey-green with tears streaming down his face, unable to talk, but his
> saucer sized eyes were in a panic. Then his breathing came back, etc., but had a buntcha busted
> ribs & owwies. Serves him right.
>
> Paladin

Uh oh. You're gonna be paying some medical bill$. Not that the guy didn't deserve it. What an idiot.