Another one...

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Another observation - sausage and cheese ain't a good diet if you
wanna
> > lose
> > > the lard butt, heh.........
> > >
> > That is so untrue. High protein (w/ fat), and low carbs is exactly what
> I'm
> > doing.
>
> Hows that going being a cyclist? I imagine it would leave you with
v.little
> energy reserves for rides over an hour or so? As an ex-biochemist I'm genuinely interested.

Considering that I'm doing this to lose weight, and my bike is not even finished, it's working out
great. When I start riding again, I will go to a more normal diet. I will not carbo load though, as
it's my understanding this is not really a good thing, as it can cause your energy levels to spike?

Please feel free share what you know about this.

> deluxe model wrote:
>
> >>The French blood is a bad thing too, but it really don't get any worse than............ the
> >>other thing. Ain't that right Bomba?
> >>

> > Typical though of here in the states. We're such a confused lot.
>
> And with Rumsfeld 'Ze German' going round declaring war on everyone. Who'd've thunk it, eh?
>
> > That is so untrue. High protein (w/ fat), and low carbs is exactly what
I'm
> > doing.
>
> Atkins diet?

It's based off of that, with lots of coffee thrown in for good measure.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Ah - but if everyone else here thinks you were insulted, that's all
that
> > > counts to them, errmmm, can I have a biscuit now?
> > >
> > But it does not matter what everyone else thinks.
>
> Oh yeah? Well, try tellin' them that! (I been tryin' fer years......).

Exercise in futility.

> > > That's some funny-ass **** right there buddy (me bestest
Merkinificated
> > > wordy stylin' that was).
> > >
> > South Louisiana.......it's like a whole 'nother country.
>
> Yeah, well, you all look and sound the same to me.

Ditto, but some Yankees I've talked to on the phone say I don't sound all that southern.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> was
> > think.........

> that............
> > > ;-(

> > > The French blood is a bad thing too, but it really don't get any worse than............ the
> > > other thing. Ain't that right Bomba?
> > >
> > Typical though of here in the states. We're such a confused lot.
>
> A Merkin (hey, I used to chat with some Canadians, see?) with a sense of humour just has to be
> confused ',;~}~

Please don't confuse me with Canadians. :0

> > > Do you have many vicious internal battles, or does one half start kick
> off
> > > for no good reason then other half gives up before it comes to a
battle?

> > Nah, because really I just consider myself American.
>
> It just gets worse for you doesn't it?

Is that a bad thing?

> >',;~}~
>
> > > Another observation - sausage and cheese ain't a good diet if you
wanna
> > lose
> > > the lard butt, heh.........
> > >
> > That is so untrue. High protein (w/ fat), and low carbs is exactly what
> I'm
> > doing.
>
> Atkins eh? My wife did a couple of months on that recently........and
she's
> a vegetarian. Immagine how tough that was to work.

lol.... yeah it does make it tough. What did she do? I do eat lots of avocados.

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>>The French blood is a bad thing too, but it really don't get any worse than............ the other
>>>thing. Ain't that right Bomba?
>>
>>Huh? Me? What?
>

> You metzenough of em.

Metz is a pretty skanky place - think French version of Corby.

Erm, biggest dicks I've met have to be Tunisians, actually. Although I'm not sure I met the broadest
cross-section.

>>Tastes good though. Hmm, fondu...
>

> Heheheh - yup! Must admit hackshirly, 2 of me faves is good dry cured/smoked 'forn' sausage, and
> ripe strong cheeses.

Combine the two (and another favourite) by doing a chorizo (/sausage of your choice) in a
cognac-cheese fondu. Delish.

>>Can drink Guinness and Rioja like a ******* though.
>

> Heheheh - too fookin' true! (And most any other beverage too).
>

>>Again, best not to combine them. Well, not in the same glass...
>

> Well, not in a restaurant.......

With your trousers round your ankles...

"deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > That is so untrue. High protein (w/ fat), and low carbs is exactly
what
> > I'm
> > > doing.
> >
> > Hows that going being a cyclist? I imagine it would leave you with
> v.little
> > energy reserves for rides over an hour or so? As an ex-biochemist I'm genuinely interested.
> >
> Considering that I'm doing this to lose weight, and my bike is not even finished, it's working out
> great. When I start riding again, I will go to
> more normal diet. I will not carbo load though, as it's my understanding this is not really a good
> thing, as it can cause your energy levels to spike?
>
> Please feel free share what you know about this.

D'oh exam time!

Carbohydrate is the bodies favourite energy source, it can use it efficiently and store it as
glycogen when there's a surplus. The Atkins diet forces the body to find alternative energy sources,
the next preferred of which would be fat. The extra protein being taken in will v.likely end up out
the back door if you catch my drift. Whilst protein is essential, the body can only handle so much
of it and it makes a poor energy source. It will end up in the kidneys and be processed from there.
I'm sure there have been trials of the Atkins diet but I would be wary of it for this reason, the
kidneys will be flat out processing all the extra protein. I imagine an increased thirst to dilute
the protein concentarion in the blood / kidneys would also be a factor of the Atkins diet. Oh and
your p*ss is probably a dark yellow.

As for carbo loading I can't see a problem with it. As long as you don't go mad just before an
event, and you take in complex carbohydrates as opposed to sugars then the body will cope admirally
and store it for future use
(i.e. biking). Of course if you take in too much then the body converts the glycogen into the a more
long-term energy store i.e. you'll become a fat b*stard.

Cheers,

Steve.

> spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > As an ex-biochemist I'm genuinely interested.
>
> I'm genuinely interested in how I didn't know (or forgot...heheheh...) you had some biochemistry
> in your background (that's open to all sorts of 'terpretations is that.......).
>
> Shaun aRe

Did a Biochemistry degree at Liverpool, followed by some work on the purposes of many variants of
adenosine, the most common of which is the well known 'ATP' but there are loads more that all have
different effects on the body e.g. markers, blood-clotting agents etc. I really enjoyed the work but
unfortunately the job-market in the UK is ****, so like loads of other people I ended up in IT.

I still enjoy midering my missus about why CSI is a load of cr*p though.

Steve.

> > > Typical though of here in the states. We're such a confused lot.
> >
> > A Merkin (hey, I used to chat with some Canadians, see?) with a sense of humour just has to be
> > confused ',;~}~
> >
> Please don't confuse me with Canadians. :0

I didn't - the 'Merkin' thing was an insult (albeit tongue in cheek) to Americans I heard _from_ a
Canadian. A Merkin is a pubic wig, heheheh......

> > > Nah, because really I just consider myself American.
> >
> > It just gets worse for you doesn't it?
> >
> Is that a bad thing?

That would be personal. Do you like 'worse'?

> > Atkins eh? My wife did a couple of months on that recently........and
> she's
> > a vegetarian. Imagine how tough that was to work.
> >
> lol.... yeah it does make it tough. What did she do? I do eat lots of avocados.

Cheese (lots and lots), extra thick double cream in coffee, applewood smoked tofu, fried marinated
haloumi, tomatoes - all sorts, but it got tedious for her real quick.........

My diet since I was a kid has been near as damn it the Atkins - lotsa meat (fat on!), fish, cheese,
all stuff like that, but very little in the way of starch/carbo's. It's only recently I've been
eating many carbs at all, but hell, I need to eat some!

Shaun aRe

> that
> > > >
> > > But it does not matter what everyone else thinks.
> >
> > Oh yeah? Well, try tellin' them that! (I been tryin' fer years......).
> >
> Exercise in futility.

Hey, it's a workout OK!?!

> Merkinificated
> > > >
> > > South Louisiana.......it's like a whole 'nother country.

What, that's where you at? Loosyanna?

> > Yeah, well, you all look and sound the same to me.
> >
> Ditto, but some Yankees I've talked to on the phone say I don't sound all that southern.

But you do on the net ',;~}~

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
>
> > > As an ex-biochemist I'm genuinely interested.
> >
> > I'm genuinely interested in how I didn't know (or forgot...heheheh...)
you
> > had some biochemistry in your background (that's open to all sorts of 'terpretations is
> > that.......).
> >
> > Shaun aRe
> >
> Did a Biochemistry degree at Liverpool, followed by some work on the purposes of many variants of
> adenosine, the most common of which is the
well
> known 'ATP' but there are loads more that all have different effects on
the
> body e.g. markers, blood-clotting agents etc. I really enjoyed the work
but
> unfortunately the job-market in the UK is ****, so like loads of other people I ended up in IT.

You did, you told me before, heh.............

> I still enjoy midering my missus about why CSI is a load of cr*p though.

It's still fun TV sometimes though.

Shaun aRe

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > more normal diet. I will not carbo load though, as it's my understanding this is not really a
> > good thing, as it can cause your energy levels to spike?
> >
> > Please feel free share what you know about this.
>
> D'oh exam time!
>
> Carbohydrate is the bodies favourite energy source, it can use it efficiently and store it as
> glycogen when there's a surplus. The Atkins
diet
> forces the body to find alternative energy sources, the next preferred of which would be fat. The
> extra protein being taken in will v.likely end up out the back door if you catch my drift. Whilst
> protein is essential, the body can only handle so much of it and it makes a poor energy source. It
> will end up in the kidneys and be processed from there. I'm sure there
have
> been trials of the Atkins diet but I would be wary of it for this reason, the kidneys will be flat
> out processing all the extra protein. I imagine
an
> increased thirst to dilute the protein concentarion in the blood / kidneys would also be a factor
> of the Atkins diet.

Yup - any kidney probs, leave Atkins well alone.

>Oh and your p*ss is probably a dark yellow.

Another side effect (as with a of of very low carb diets) is ketosis - your breath may well stink
all weirdy-like. Some people say it can be a strange fruity/acidy smell, maybe a bit like pear
drops (acetone type smell - similar molecules IIRC) but not quite as nice. It certainly effected
Kath this way.

> As for carbo loading I can't see a problem with it. As long as you don't
go
> mad just before an event, and you take in complex carbohydrates as opposed to sugars then the body
> will cope admirally and store it for future use
> (i.e. biking). Of course if you take in too much then the body converts
the
> glycogen into the a more long-term energy store i.e. you'll become a fat b*stard.

Yup - burn what you eat and you'll be just fine.

Shaun aRe

> >>Huh? Me? What?
> >

> > You metzenough of em.
>
> Metz is a pretty skanky place - think French version of Corby.

The trouser pressers?

> Erm, biggest dicks I've met have to be Tunisians, actually. Although I'm not sure I met the
> broadest cross-section.

Ah, with me it was French Algerians.......the men at any rate.............

> >>Tastes good though. Hmm, fondu...
> >

> > Heheheh - yup! Must admit hackshirly, 2 of me faves is good dry
cured/smoked
> > 'forn' sausage, and ripe strong cheeses.
>
> Combine the two (and another favourite)

Hot peepers?!?!?!? ',;~}~ !!!!!!!!!!!

> by doing a chorizo (/sausage of your choice) in a cognac-cheese fondu. Delish.

Oh, I bets!

> >>Can drink Guinness and Rioja like a ******* though.
> >

> > Heheheh - too fookin' true! (And most any other beverage too).
> >

> >>Again, best not to combine them. Well, not in the same glass...
> >

> > Well, not in a restaurant.......
>
> With your trousers round your ankles...

Not after the last time..............

Shaun aRe - and wearing the soup bowl as a hat while dancing the can-can and swearing in French
wasn't my brightest stroke of genius either...........

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "deluxe model" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> what
> > > I'm
> > >
> > > Hows that going being a cyclist? I imagine it would leave you with
> > v.little
> > > energy reserves for rides over an hour or so? As an ex-biochemist I'm genuinely interested.
> > >
> > Considering that I'm doing this to lose weight, and my bike is not even finished, it's working
> > out great. When I start riding again, I will go
> > more normal diet. I will not carbo load though, as it's my understanding this is not really a
> > good thing, as it can cause your energy levels to spike?
> >
> > Please feel free share what you know about this.
>
> D'oh exam time!
>
> Carbohydrate is the bodies favourite energy source, it can use it efficiently and store it as
> glycogen when there's a surplus. The Atkins
diet
> forces the body to find alternative energy sources, the next preferred of which would be fat. The
> extra protein being taken in will v.likely end up out the back door if you catch my drift. Whilst
> protein is essential, the body can only handle so much of it and it makes a poor energy source. It
> will end up in the kidneys and be processed from there. I'm sure there
have
> been trials of the Atkins diet but I would be wary of it for this reason, the kidneys will be flat
> out processing all the extra protein. I imagine
an
> increased thirst to dilute the protein concentarion in the blood / kidneys would also be a factor
> of the Atkins diet. Oh and your p*ss is probably a dark yellow.

I do eat my fair share of green veggies. Asparagus is my favorite, and somewhat of a diuretic. Also,
lots, and lots of water to keep things flushed, and to prevent that dark golden yellow urine.

> As for carbo loading I can't see a problem with it. As long as you don't
go
> mad just before an event, and you take in complex carbohydrates as opposed to sugars then the body
> will cope admirally and store it for future use
> (i.e. biking). Of course if you take in too much then the body converts
the
> glycogen into the a more long-term energy store i.e. you'll become a fat b*stard.

Exactly why I'll go back to a normal diet which includes meats, beans, brown rice and salads. Simple
starches will be limited, but not to post-ride pizza.

> spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > I still enjoy midering my missus about why CSI is a load of cr*p though.
>
> It's still fun TV sometimes though.

Not when you watch it with me it isn't...my missus finds it really interesting when I interrupt the
programme to explain why phenolphthalein is not a definitive indicator for the presence of blood....

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > that

> > > Oh yeah? Well, try tellin' them that! (I been tryin' fer years......).
> > >
> > Exercise in futility.
>
> Hey, it's a workout OK!?!

That's only good for straining your brain. I've learn through trials and tribulation, that if I
worry about only me, everything will be just fine.

> > Merkinificated

> What, that's where you at? Loosyanna?

Right in the middle of Cajun country, and some of the best food in the world. It's not so bad here,
but then again, it's not so great. I would not mind spending some time somewhere else. I've been
here all my life.

> > > Yeah, well, you all look and sound the same to me.
> > >
> > Ditto, but some Yankees I've talked to on the phone say I don't sound
all
> > that southern.
>
> But you do on the net ',;~}~

Now when have I EVER typed 'ya'll'?

> deluxe model wrote:
>
> >>Atkins diet?
> >>

> > It's based off of that, with lots of coffee thrown in for good measure.
>
> Sounds wonderfully healthy. A colleague of mine lives off pretty much the same diet but with added
> cigarettes. He's not trying to lose weight, just has no concept of healthy living.

I still eat veggies, and salads.

> deluxe model <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > A Merkin (hey, I used to chat with some Canadians, see?) with a sense
of
> > > humour just has to be confused ',;~}~
> > >
> > Please don't confuse me with Canadians. :0
>
> I didn't - the 'Merkin' thing was an insult (albeit tongue in cheek) to Americans I heard _from_ a
> Canadian. A Merkin is a pubic wig,
heheheh......

That is laughable coming from a Canadian.

> > > It just gets worse for you doesn't it?
> > >
> > Is that a bad thing?
>
> That would be personal. Do you like 'worse'?

It could be worse I suppose. I could be Canadian.

> > > Atkins eh? My wife did a couple of months on that recently........and
> > she's
> > > a vegetarian. Imagine how tough that was to work.
> > >
> > lol.... yeah it does make it tough. What did she do? I do eat lots of avocados.
>
> Cheese (lots and lots), extra thick double cream in coffee, applewood
smoked
> tofu, fried marinated haloumi, tomatoes - all sorts, but it got tedious
for
> her real quick.........

Being a vegan is tedious.

> My diet since I was a kid has been near as damn it the Atkins - lotsa meat (fat on!), fish,
> cheese, all stuff like that, but very little in the way
of
> starch/carbo's. It's only recently I've been eating many carbs at all, but hell, I need to
> eat some!

Beans.....eat more beans.