Any UK'ers got a 6 bolt 165 mm rotor for sale?

Shaun

Guest
Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the question
out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!

Cheers folks!

Shaun aRe - E-mail is valid if anyone wants to reply direct.

"Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
> while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the question
> out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!
>
> Cheers folks!

I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure it).
It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll pull
it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after the
weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.

Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?

Andy Chequer

"Andy Chequer" <andy@(youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
> > while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the

question
> > out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!
> >
> > Cheers folks!

> I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure

it).
> It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
> caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll

pull
> it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after

the
> weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.
>
> Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?
>
> Andy Chequer

A 6" Hayes rotor works fine with the Hope mini's for the rear. So good in
fact I switched to all Hayes. I'm now Hopeless. ;^) Gotta stick to what I
know and the Hopes are a PITA to work on and find parts for. I've got a
whole, used, set and a couple new 5 1/4" front rotors available. (I don't
know about shipping to the UK though, pay my way to the Real Ale Wobble and
I'll bring 'em with me for free :^D )

Mike

"Andy Chequer" <andy@(youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
> > while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the

question
> > out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!
> >
> > Cheers folks!

> I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure

it).
> It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
> caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll

pull
> it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after

the
> weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.
>
> Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?
>
> Andy Chequer

Well, if it's 165mm, and the same thickness (which I don't know right now),
it's gotta work, no?

Thanks Andy! Next beer's on me fer sure, even if it doesn't fit ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Andy Chequer" <andy@(youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote

in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite

> > > while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the

> question
> > > out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!
> > >
> > > Cheers folks!

> > I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure

> it).
> > It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
> > caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll

> pull
> > it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after

> the
> > weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.
> >
> > Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?
> >
> > Andy Chequer
> >

> A 6" Hayes rotor works fine with the Hope mini's for the rear.

Hmm, but 6" is only 152.5 mm, no?

> So good in
> fact I switched to all Hayes. I'm now Hopeless. ;^) Gotta stick to what

> know and the Hopes are a PITA to work on and find parts for. I've got a
> whole, used, set and a couple new 5 1/4" front rotors available. (I don't
> know about shipping to the UK though, pay my way to the Real Ale Wobble

and
> I'll bring 'em with me for free :^D )

Heheheh, yeah, if I could afford the plane ticket for ya, I'd just buy
meself like, several hundred genuine Hope rotors, now wouldn't I?!?

',;~}~

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

"Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Andy Chequer" <andy@(youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote

> in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

quite

> > question

> > > I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to

measure
> > it).
> > > It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
> > > caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though.

I'll
> > pull
> > > it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer

after
> > the
> > > weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.
> > >
> > > Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?
> > >
> > > Andy Chequer
> > >

> > A 6" Hayes rotor works fine with the Hope mini's for the rear.

> Hmm, but 6" is only 152.5 mm, no?
>
> > So good in
> > fact I switched to all Hayes. I'm now Hopeless. ;^) Gotta stick to

what
> > know and the Hopes are a PITA to work on and find parts for. I've got a
> > whole, used, set and a couple new 5 1/4" front rotors available. (I

don't
> > know about shipping to the UK though, pay my way to the Real Ale Wobble

> and
> > I'll bring 'em with me for free :^D )
> >

> Heheheh, yeah, if I could afford the plane ticket for ya, I'd just buy
> meself like, several hundred genuine Hope rotors, now wouldn't I?!?

eh...it was worth a shot. They wouldn't come with my charming personality
(esp. after a few pints) now would they! But seriously, I've a couple of
Hope Gothic rotors that measure out to 165mm I could send you. I can't use
'em since they just clip my Hayes calipers. Email me with your address. I
suppose a padded envelope wouldn't cost that much to ship to the UK.

Mike

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Andy Chequer" <andy@(youdon'twantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com>

wrote
> > in
> > > message news:[email protected]...

> quite
> > > question

> measure
> > > it).

the

> I'll
> > > pull

> after
> > > the

> > > A 6" Hayes rotor works fine with the Hope mini's for the rear.

> > Hmm, but 6" is only 152.5 mm, no?
> >
> > > So good in
> > > fact I switched to all Hayes. I'm now Hopeless. ;^) Gotta stick to

> what
> > > know and the Hopes are a PITA to work on and find parts for. I've got

> > > whole, used, set and a couple new 5 1/4" front rotors available. (I

> don't
> > > know about shipping to the UK though, pay my way to the Real Ale

Wobble
> > and
> > > I'll bring 'em with me for free :^D )
> > >

> > Heheheh, yeah, if I could afford the plane ticket for ya, I'd just buy
> > meself like, several hundred genuine Hope rotors, now wouldn't I?!?
> >

> eh...it was worth a shot. They wouldn't come with my charming personality
> (esp. after a few pints) now would they! But seriously, I've a couple of
> Hope Gothic rotors that measure out to 165mm I could send you. I can't

use
> 'em since they just clip my Hayes calipers. Email me with your address.

> suppose a padded envelope wouldn't cost that much to ship to the UK.
>
> Mike

Cheers Mike! - E-mailed you yesterday ',;~}~

Shaun aRe