anyone ever encounter wild animals

today while riding through some local bike trails at about 15 - 18 mph while approaching a group of on comming riders i had a squirrel dart across the trail directly under my rear tire..

felt kind of bad about running over the lil guy but not much i could ahve done about it, i saw it out of the corner of my eye about the same time i felt my rear wheel lift off the ground and slip to the side.. i glanced back and it looked like a motionless pile of grey but i couldnt turn back to see the carnage, if it was still alive i wouldnt know what to do so i just continued on.. on the way back about 20 minutes later it was gone so either the group i passed stopped and did soemthing or someone else moved it off the trail or it limped off...

ive come close to hitting deer going down hill near my home, but i think the near miss that counts the most was the little bobcat on the other side of a little jump i went for just off the beaten path, missed him by inches, nailed the jump, and wet my pants, um, from the mud.

only at bars in newport beach on sat.nites . . . .but, if i smell 'em comin' , i usually head for the parking lot & jump in my truck & leave 'em wondering ! ! !

About once a month when I meet the mother in law to be, She is well scary after a few vino's.