Are SRAM 8 speed cassettes spidered or loose?

meb

New Member
Aug 21, 2003
1,219
Anyone know if 8 speed SRAM cassettes are spidered or if we have some customization available?

On Aug 11, 3:12 am, meb <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Anyone know if 8 speed SRAM cassettes are spidered or if we have some
> customization available?
>
> --
> meb

I have 3x Sram 8sp cassettes and they are all loose... cogs/spacers
with one screw holding the works together.

owen

meb wrote:
> Anyone know if 8 speed SRAM cassettes are spidered or if we have some
> customization available?

My 8spd SRAM cassettes came with loose cogs. It might depend on the type
of cassette; the cheaper cassettes may come with loose cogs, while the
more expensive may come with spiders. If I were you, I'd ask my LBS (or
online vendor) to find out.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
novelist (1811-1896)