Are SRAM 8 speed cassettes spidered or loose?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by meb, Aug 11, 2007.

  1. meb

    meb New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2003
    Messages:
    1,219
    Anyone know if 8 speed SRAM cassettes are spidered or if we have some customization available?

    Tags:

  2. On Aug 11, 3:12 am, meb <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    > Anyone know if 8 speed SRAM cassettes are spidered or if we have some
    > customization available?
    >
    > --
    > meb

    I have 3x Sram 8sp cassettes and they are all loose... cogs/spacers
    with one screw holding the works together.

    owen

  3. dvt

    dvt Guest

    meb wrote:
    > Anyone know if 8 speed SRAM cassettes are spidered or if we have some
    > customization available?

    My 8spd SRAM cassettes came with loose cogs. It might depend on the type
    of cassette; the cheaper cassettes may come with loose cogs, while the
    more expensive may come with spiders. If I were you, I'd ask my LBS (or
    online vendor) to find out.

    --
    Dave
    dvt at psu dot edu

    Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
    and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
    get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
    circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
    novelist (1811-1896)