Are SUVs "evil" and bikes "good"?

What kind of drugs might one take to cause them to refer to a motor
vehicle as a sports utility vehicle?

There ain't nothin' sporting about yer Ford Exploder, while bicycles
on the other hand do seem to be central to some sports like racing and
X-Games. Heck if riding a bike isn't a sport why do you gotta wear
them goofey assed britches and that stupid helmet to do it?

There ain't nothing utilitarian about a vehicle that consumes 25% of
my gross income to operate. The venerable wire donkey on the other
hand eats so little and carries so much.

Motor vehicles are indeed a tool of the devil, and the devil's best
weapon is to obfuscate the true nature of things. To attach the term
SUV to a motor vehicle is the work of the devil, clearly.

On Jun 26, 5:11 pm, DennisTheBald <[email protected]> wrote:
> What kind of drugs might one take to cause them to refer to a motor
> vehicle as a sports utility vehicle?
>
> There ain't nothin' sporting about yer Ford Exploder, while bicycles
> on the other hand do seem to be central to some sports like racing and
> X-Games.  Heck if riding a bike isn't a sport why do you gotta wear
> them goofey assed britches and that stupid helmet to do it?
>
> There ain't nothing utilitarian about a vehicle that consumes 25% of
> my gross income to operate.  The venerable wire donkey on the other
> hand eats so little and carries so much.
>
> Motor vehicles are indeed a tool of the devil, and the devil's best
> weapon is to obfuscate the true nature of things.  To attach the term
> SUV to a motor vehicle is the work of the devil, clearly.

They gave it an appealing name for marketing, but their true nature is
better represented in: Selfish Unnecessary Vehicles.

I don't know, but I get the feeling that this is one of those famous
phrases for posterity...

"To be able to survive on a bike you must both have the patience of
Bhudda and the rifle of John Wayne."

(Try the patience first. Unless you believe to be in the Wild West,
and then "the quickest draw wins." Now guaranteed by the Supreme
Court.)

In article
<58eefafd-0bdd-40e7-bd2c-350c9dbb41b5@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 9:27 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article
> > <b96fbe53-7005-41ac-b78e-935e15e8e...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > No, you can't please God and the Devil at the same time. If
> > > there's no evil in SUVs, then who's evil, the driver? Well, there
> > > has to be a hope for him, some incentive, right?

> > > It's better you drop the SUV, but some are just "elitist" riders.
> > > ;)

> > Evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Maybe you need
> > to look in the mirror.- Hide quoted text -

> That's true. Most of the world regards SUVs and evil.

That's not even coherent. Do you have some meds you're supposed to be
taking?

In article
<a97b3031-537b-4860-922f-b9ae8023421c@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

You really are trolling now. Oh well, I've ****-canned all your other
sock puppets, time to ****-can this one.

On Jun 26, 5:40 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <58eefafd-0bdd-40e7-bd2c-350c9dbb4...@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jun 25, 9:27 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <b96fbe53-7005-41ac-b78e-935e15e8e...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Maybe you need
> > > to look in the mirror.- Hide quoted text -

> > That's true. Most of the world regards SUVs and evil.

> That's not even coherent.  Do you have some meds you're supposed to be
> taking?- Hide quoted text -

"Most of the world regards SUVs as evil."

Is that hard to figure out?

On Jun 26, 5:42 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <a97b3031-537b-4860-922f-b9ae80234...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > You know what USA stands for?

> > USA stands for United Selfish of America...

> > I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
> > selfishness?

> You really are trolling now.  Oh well, I've ****-canned all your other
> sock puppets, time to ****-can this one.

There's a difference, you know...

"You are doing good for the environment and peace. Not like those
selfish people who drive SUVs."

http://www.zazzle.com/bike_for_peace_shirt-235089762324119933

On 26 Jun 2008 01:30:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>I see you are religiously attached to your superiority citing "God and
>the Devil". I'm certain that drivers of passing cars sense your
>smugness and have no friendly feelings toward your presence.

Bad cycling aura!

Originally Posted by plumberroy
I have left this thread alone for the last 2 pages but one remark has
got me back in I'm going to try not to get my self in trouble:
DQ
If you made the statment about our soldiers being monkeys while in my
house I would physically throw you out of my house! I will stop at
that so not to get banned
I have not set up my signature on this forum yet the signature I use
is::
Every breath I have ever taken as a free man was paid for in the blood
of an American Soldier"

Well, they can't come out completely clean when they are fighting the
wrong war, and they know it. As a matter fact, the military is having
a hard time meeting its quotas.

But the whole issue of having few soldiers willing to volunteer to
fight "their" wars would be solved if "their" kids had to serve. Yep,
bring back the draft. You would see the war in Iraq be finished within
a year.

So far though it's the children of the poor who go pay the ultimate
UNSELFISH sacrifice... For WHOM and for WHAT? For the most SELFISH
bunch on earth to keep their SUVs going...

Hey, that's kind of stupid, isn't it?

On Jun 26, 7:02 pm, "Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 26 Jun 2008 01:30:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>

> >I see you are religiously attached to your superiority citing "God and
> >the Devil".  I'm certain that drivers of passing cars sense your
> >smugness and have no friendly feelings toward your presence.

> Bad cycling aura!

I think they feel that God being "their co-pilot" allows them to do
whatever they want.

Besides, they probably think most cyclists are tree-huggers who don't
deserve much respect.

Well, I hope you find this funny. The Original Poster says:

Biking is not for average joes
"If people biked liked they drive , i.e assuming people see them,
they'd be hit every week. I bike as though I am invisible and this
helps me avoid one certain accident every week. I am convinced safe
cycling takes a lot of equipment ( lights, mirror, etc ) and knowledge
that average joes's simply do not have the desire to understand. That
is why no matter how expensive gas becomes, people are still better
off driving for their own safety."

Then he gets attacked...

"OP reminds me of Idiocracy.

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point.
Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest,
the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process
which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor
different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future
that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on,
things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down.
How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward
intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to
simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent
to become an endangered species."

And then I counter-attack...

And then the dumb ones elected a President that reminds us of the
stone age...

http://www.bartcop.com/mo-caveman.jpg

It was a real pitty that they threw over the board 10,000 years of
civilization. ;)

***

They've got a very nice forum there with all kinds of subdivisions
within biking...

http://www.bikeforums.net/index.php

KingOfTheApes aka Comandante Banana aka donquixote1954 aka ??? wrote:
> [...]
> It's the same principle of the jungle: "The Big Fish eats the Little
> Fish!"

Any more mixed metaphors?

I never thought about it that way. An SUV as being evil. I could see how that is true. What do we need things like this for? We don't they are obscene and obnoxious. Yeah I guess if you have money to burn is right. The gas guzzlers on the road. It's like the hummers. These trucks are just too much. The amount of gas to run one of these certainly is not very green or conservative. I love to ride a bike to get around.