Assos Chamois Cream

thedataman

Jul 24, 2007
I recently ran out of Assos chamois creme and ordered a new supplu from an on-line retailer. When I received the new supply i noticed some major differences in packaging and contents.

My old supply came in a Red and White jar and was a yellow cream. The new supply came in a very generic looking white jar with black lettering and labels. The cream is blue in color.

Did Assos change their packaing and cream appearance or am I a victim of a retailer bait and switch?

Chris
:confused:

You be the judge...how does it work/not work???

FYI, Walmart sells thick lotion for a fraction of what Assos rips people off for it...

thedataman said:
I recently ran out of Assos chamois creme and ordered a new supplu from an on-line retailer. When I received the new supply i noticed some major differences in packaging and contents.

My old supply came in a Red and White jar and was a yellow cream. The new supply came in a very generic looking white jar with black lettering and labels. The cream is blue in color.

Did Assos change their packaing and cream appearance or am I a victim of a retailer bait and switch?

Chris
:confused:
I had the same thing happen < 2 months ago. They have just changed the packaging and the appearance of the cream.

use vaseline and you'll spend about 2.00 per year. it never wears off, even on epic rides and rainy days you will feel fine

potenza said:
use vaseline and you'll spend about 2.00 per year. it never wears off, even on epic rides and rainy days you will feel fine
Definite negative on the vaseline. A pore-clogging substance in an area with constantly applied pressure and heat will surely lead to bad results...inductive reasoning, yes, but I don't want to try it to prove otherwise...If you're having good results, more power to ya'...

i normally dont use anything, but when there is rain in the forecast you definitely should try it. yesterday it worked fine for 5+ hours for me, 10,000+ feet of climbing. it is meant to be a skin lube, i dont see how it clogs pores anymore than some glorified swiss or italian colored/scented equivalent...

Vaseline clogs ya chamois up that's for sure.

Assos cream is a level above anything I've tried. Just try it once. that should be enough.

potenza said:

Why settle for Vaseline when you can have the best?

156zll2.jpg

Jono L said:
Vaseline clogs ya chamois up that's for sure.

Assos cream is a level above anything I've tried. Just try it once. that should be enough.
I tried Assos for the first time about a month ago for a century ride. I didn't realize that stuff is mentholated until I put it on. Boy was I surprised. Not unpleasant but also unexpected. The menthol continued to work hours into the ride. Standing up in the saddle brought back that "breezy tingle".

tonyzackery said:
You be the judge...how does it work/not work???

FYI, Walmart sells thick lotion for a fraction of what Assos rips people off for it...
What "thick lotion" ?

Try Smooth Ride Chamois Cream from OA Performance Products....It is not blue and priced better than all the other products out there. It has tea tree oil to prevent saddle sores and is used by many racing cyclist with testimonials on the site.
www.unconmed.com