Bacchetta M5 seat and BB height

Kevin Abbott

Guest
I test rode a Strada on Friday and was blown away at the quality of the ride. It's really quite an
amazing bike. Last year I owned an Optima Baron, so I know I like the hardshell Euro-style seats.
However, the shop where rode the Strada did not have a Corsa to try. So, I'm planning to buy a frame
kit and build it up myself.

My question is, how much change is there in the seat height-to-BB height when switching from the
Bacchetta mesh to the M5? I know the seat itself is lower, but I'm assuming you'd probably have to
scoot it up a bit to maintain the same leg extension.

The Bacchetta web site indicates a difference of 1" (8" on the Strada and 9" on the Corsa), and I'm
wondering if this holds true in the real world.

thanks a bunch

Kevin "future Bacchetta owener" Abbott Kalamazoo, MI

Kevin, Seat height will decrease about 2''-3''. I say this based on extensive use of a Strada first
with mesh seat then M5 seat. I don't know if M5 seat moved to keep same leg extension. But, with
mesh seat I was on ball of feet at stops. With M5 seat I'm flat footed. Big improvement, very
stable. Strada comes with 571mm wheels, Corsa with 650c wheels. So higher height on Corsa is due to
wheels. I notice no difference between Strada and Corsa with M5 seats. If you build up Strada, go
with 650c wheels to get good fast tire selection. Wheel Doctor Jude McGloin (410.745.6676, Maryland)
builds up Strada's to be Corsa-like at a cost of only $1800 - $1900.
~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

news:[email protected]...

Al Kubeluis wrote:

> ... Strada comes with 571mm wheels, Corsa with 650c wheels....

The "650C" wheels on the Corsa are ISO 571-mm size. The "26-inch" wheels on the Strada are ISO
559-mm size.

I keep an M5 Bacchetta seat on hand to use for a demo. It is currently on a customers Giro. She was
on the ball of her foot with the stock seat and is now flat footed. The difference is quite
dramatic. We did not move the seat fwd. In fact, in my opinion, it needed to be move back some for
proper leg extension. In my opinion all Bacchetta dealers ned to keep a demo M5 on hand. I rode a
stock STRADA for awhile and then put a M5 carbon on it. I really didn't notice much of a change in
the BB to seat height. I don't think you need to be concerned. I currently plan to build up another
M5 STRADA next week.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Kevin Abbott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I test rode a Strada on Friday and was blown away at the quality of the ride. It's really quite an
> amazing bike. Last year I owned an Optima Baron, so I know I like the hardshell Euro-style seats.
> However, the shop where rode the Strada did not have a Corsa to try. So, I'm planning to buy a
> frame kit and build it up myself.
>
> My question is, how much change is there in the seat height-to-BB height when switching from the
> Bacchetta mesh to the M5? I know the seat itself is lower, but I'm assuming you'd probably have to
> scoot it up a bit to maintain the same leg extension.
>
> The Bacchetta web site indicates a difference of 1" (8" on the Strada and 9" on the Corsa), and
> I'm wondering if this holds true in the real world.
>

> thanks a bunch
>
> Kevin "future Bacchetta owener" Abbott Kalamazoo, MI

"Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Strada comes with 571mm wheels, Corsa with 650c wheels. So higher height on Corsa is due to
> wheels. I notice no difference between Strada and Corsa with M5 seats.

650c wheels are the same thing as ISO 571mm. No difference.

Harry Jiles

Harry, Right. I noticed error after sending message. Strada comes with 559mm wheels.
--
~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

"harryo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Strada comes with 571mm wheels, Corsa with 650c wheels. So higher
height
> > on Corsa is due to wheels. I notice no difference between Strada and
Corsa
> > with M5 seats.
>
> 650c wheels are the same thing as ISO 571mm. No difference.
>
> Harry Jiles

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to go ahead and get the M5 seat because I know that all I'll do
is wonder about it if I don't.

Well, if alll goes well I'll be rolling it out early next week.

thanks again

Kevin Abbott Kalamazoo, MI