Back problems/glucosamine

Joints are weird. I've had hip-pain for years and my knees often ache. I blame it all on the squats I've done over a period of many years. When I started cycling my knees ached even more before they got better and my hip-pain lessened.
I can tell you that when I went to live in Russia some time ago my pain disappeared and I have no idea why. Certainly there was a lot of oil in the food, no additives and I lost weight as well. Either the climate had something to do with it or the food I was eating in the U.K. provokes allergic reactions but I can tell you my hip pain simply disappeared.
At the moment my back pain has disappeared but my knees still ache and I've had shoulder problems. Such aches and pains always tend to wax and wane so I stopped worrying about it.
I heard Anna Kornikova had real problems with her back and was in despair over the situation but sometimes these problems will disappear in their own good time. It happens to all of us.
One tip I can give you all is they say Devil's Claw is really good. You can buy the tablets from a herbal store and they act as an anti-inflammatory. Stretching is also fundamental and I'm sure diet helps. I'm convinced the reason my pain disappeared in Russia was due to the food being more natural and not having chemicals. There are all kinds of factors.
"La victoria siempre viene si tienes paciencia!."

Originally posted by Routier
I've got the exact same problems as you've got. Lower back pain. It only starts when I'm racing in competition and when it goes really fast. I took an X-ray of my back and nothings wrong, I even did a CT scan and still nothing could be found. My position on my bike is perfect but the back still hurts. I've got a few exercises from someone who's into kiné and normally they should help. I'm just to darn lazy to preform them every day... DAMN

Originally posted by jbzy
I did start using glucosamine w/msm for my knees and it worked and to think about it --- it alleviated some back pain i was having. But let your doctor knwo you are taking it cause everyone I talk to it raised there blood pressure but hell to me it is worth it but mine only raised a few points but i just got a new bike so I am happy lol, that may be it but seriously just keep an eye on it

Glucosamine raises blood pressure?