bang for buck(components)

ilovestacy

Jan 23, 2005
which bike has the best bang for the buck in the under 2000 range. i have looked at a cannondale r1000, burley fox hollow, felt f55 and f65. of these which is the best value. also what else is out there in this region. i know a lot of people hate this question but i really am having trouble deciding. thanks.-paul

ilovestacy said:
which bike has the best bang for the buck in the under 2000 range. i have looked at a cannondale r1000, burley fox hollow, felt f55 and f65. of these which is the best value. also what else is out there in this region. i know a lot of people hate this question but i really am having trouble deciding. thanks.-paul

If you want 'bang for the buck' look for clearance bikes from last season. One of the LBS near me has a 2003 Lemond Zurich for $1450, full ultegra, beautiful steel frame, and race lite wheels. It test rided like a dream and the only reason I didn't buy it was because I found a better deal on my Bianchi.

Saying one bike is the best bang for the buck is too subjective. The best bike for the dollar in that range as far as what components you get is the Felt F55 with D-ace. The best frame in that range is probably the Trek 5000 with a full lifetime warranty but the component mix is weaker than the Felt. So complete package what is the best, the one that fits you and feels the best.