Barrel adjuster for 2001 LeMond Zurich?

Dylan Keon

Guest
Hi,

I have a 2001 LeMond Zurich. This model has shifter cable barrel adjusters that thread into brazeons
on the head tube. One of my barrel adjusters snapped off. The threaded portion is pretty small (5
mm? I don't have it here to measure it), smaller than most and with flat sides, but fairly long. My
LBSs can't find an equivalent, not even something that will work for a quick fix.

Anyone know where I can track down one of these buggers?

Thanks, Dylan

Those parts should be orderable from any TREK/LeMond/Klein dealer. In the meantime, you can use a
standard cable ferrule in its place. You won't have the adjustability, but you will at least have
something that works in the meantime.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReaction.com

"Dylan Keon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2001 LeMond Zurich. This model has shifter cable barrel adjusters that thread into
> brazeons on the head tube. One of my barrel adjusters snapped off. The threaded portion is pretty
> small (5 mm? I don't have it here to measure it), smaller than most and with flat sides, but
> fairly long. My LBSs can't find an equivalent, not even something that will work for a quick fix.
>
> Anyone know where I can track down one of these buggers?
>
> Thanks, Dylan

"Dylan Keon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2001 LeMond Zurich. This model has shifter cable barrel adjusters that thread into
> brazeons on the head tube. One of my barrel adjusters snapped off. The threaded portion is pretty
> small (5 mm? I don't have it here to measure it), smaller than most and with flat sides, but
> fairly long. My LBSs can't find an equivalent, not even something that will work for a quick fix.
>
> Anyone know where I can track down one of these buggers?

The cable stops that come with a set of Ergo cables have two 5mm adjusters in the package. Since a
lot of new frames have built-in adjusters on the frame, any LBS should have a pile of these around.

dkeon-<< I have a 2001 LeMond Zurich. This model has shifter cable barrel adjusters that thread into
brazeons on the head tube. One of my barrel adjusters snapped off

<< My LBSs can't find an equivalent, not even something that will work for a quick fix.

Either try the adjuster from the left shimano cable stop for STI, the Record/Chorus one with the
aluminum holder or the larger one for Centaur, the one with the plastic holder-one of these will
fit. Yer bike shiop outtta know this, IMO-

Ultegra and Dura-Ace shifter sets also come with a pair of barrel adjusters. Not sure about 105's.

(A tip I learned from Sheldon: lubricate the threads!)

r.b.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> dkeon-<< I have a 2001 LeMond Zurich. This model has shifter cable barrel adjusters that thread
> into brazeons on the head tube. One of my barrel adjusters snapped off
>

> << My LBSs can't find an equivalent, not even something that will work for a quick fix.
>
> Either try the adjuster from the left shimano cable stop for STI, the Record/Chorus one with the
> aluminum holder or the larger one for Centaur, the one with the plastic holder-one of these will
> fit. Yer bike shiop outtta know this, IMO-

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed. But one is a LeMond dealer and they said they'd try to order the
part, at least. Thanks for your reply.

>>I have a 2001 LeMond Zurich. This model has shifter cable barrel adjusters that thread into
>>brazeons on the head tube. One of my barrel adjusters snapped off. The threaded portion is pretty
>>small (5 mm? I don't have it here to measure it), smaller than most and with flat sides, but
>>fairly long. My LBSs can't find an equivalent, not even something that will work for a quick fix.
>>
>>Anyone know where I can track down one of these buggers?
>
> The cable stops that come with a set of Ergo cables have two 5mm adjusters in the package.
> Since a lot of new frames have built-in adjusters on the frame, any LBS should have a pile of
> these around.

Thanks, I'll check into that.

I think I'll do something like that, at least for now. It'll be a rainy weekend, but I still wanna
get out there and ride :)