BBC Breakfast TV - Helmets

Simon Brooke [email protected] opined the following...
> > It remind sme of the US Anti-defamation League boycotting David Icke
> > for saying some world-leaders turn into lizards.

Not "turn into". Are lizards in disguise.

> > Because it was an 'anti-semitic' statement.

> Come again? How did they work _that_ one out?
>
> Although, come to think of it, perhaps he and they deserve one another.

The best story I heard regarding David Icke was from Canada. It was
suggested to the Canadian Premier that he should turn down a visa
application by Mr Icke on the grounds that he (Icke) was going to accuse
the Canadian Premier of being a lizard alien in disguise. The premier's
response went something like:

"I have enough faith in the intelligence of my people to allow them to
listen to this man and not be concerned."

A quick google didn't reveal the actual quote. Does anyone have a record
of it?

Jon

"Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Simon Brooke [email protected] opined the following...
> > > It remind sme of the US Anti-defamation League boycotting David Icke
> > > for saying some world-leaders turn into lizards.

> Not "turn into". Are lizards in disguise.
>
> > > Because it was an 'anti-semitic' statement.

> > Come again? How did they work _that_ one out?
> >
> > Although, come to think of it, perhaps he and they deserve one another.

> The best story I heard regarding David Icke was from Canada. It was
> suggested to the Canadian Premier that he should turn down a visa
> application by Mr Icke on the grounds that he (Icke) was going to accuse
> the Canadian Premier of being a lizard alien in disguise. The premier's
> response went something like:
>
> "I have enough faith in the intelligence of my people to allow them to
> listen to this man and not be concerned."
>
> A quick google didn't reveal the actual quote. Does anyone have a record
> of it?
>
> Jon

There's this which may be related, although with no actual quote.

Looks like he's in good, or bad, company.

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,6761,457988,00.html

The Canadian hate crimes unit had been alerted. So had the media.
The coalition had also written to the former Canadian prime minister,
Brian Mulroney, to inform him that David Icke was accusing him of
being a reptilian, child-sacrificing paedophile. But so far, to the
coalition's bafflement, Mulroney had declined to initiate legal
action. Indeed, every individual accused of reptilian paedophilia
by David Icke had so far failed to sue, including Bob Hope, George
Bush, George Bush Jr, Ted Heath, the Rothschild family, Boxcar Willie,
the Queen of England, the Queen Mother, Prince Philip, Kris Kristofferson,
Al Gore and the steering committee of the Bilderberg Group.

Curious

Jon Senior wrote:

> I have little time for Paxman, I much prefer the old vanguard of the
> Today Program

John Timpson and Brian Redhead, the A-Team!

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? [email protected] opined the
following...
> John Timpson and Brian Redhead, the A-Team!

I was brought up to the sound of Brian Redhead taking politicians to
pieces every morning. I hold the today programme responsible for 50% of
my cynicism. (I blame the other 50% on my family!)

Jon

audrey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:04:59 +0100, Al C-F
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:42:41 +0100, audrey <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Breakfast TV in our house is of the CBeebies variety. Helmet
> >>propoganda still going strong on Tikabilla
> >>

> >I've been looking for a semicircle of paper to wear.

> I'm still looking for my invisible helmet, I know I left it round here
> somewhere ...

This morning, the presenter managed her imaginary cycle ride without
her imaginary helmet. Shock. Horror.

Aloysius wrote:
> audrey <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:04:59 +0100, Al C-F
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I've been looking for a semicircle of paper to wear.

>> I'm still looking for my invisible helmet, I know I left it round here
>> somewhere ...

> This morning, the presenter managed her imaginary cycle ride without
> her imaginary helmet. Shock. Horror.

I imagine she died.

Tony ;-)