Be wary of Actionbent

Agraphile

Jan 4, 2011
I bought a recumbent bike from Actionbent in April. This ended up being a truly horrible experience. Right now, I'm out over $1700 with nothing to show for it. I’m posting my story here hoping that forum members/readers will think twice before buying a bike from Actionbent.

I had to return the bike due to some issues with the dynamics. It’s been over six months since the bike got back to Actionbent, but I have not actually received a refund yet. I've given the owners (Randy Schulman and Steve Walther) every opportunity to make good on this. I sent multiple emails asking about the status of the refund, but I only got two responses. In August, they promised to send a refund within 2-3 weeks. That didn’t happen. In October, they finally processed a payment … but the check bounced! I’ve heard nothing from Randy and Steve since that point and am in the process of getting a credit agency involved.

If you're considering buying from Actionbent, please think about supporting one of the many honest and decent recumbent distributors instead.

Best,
Agraphile

Originally Posted by Agraphile .

I had to return the bike due to some issues with the dynamics.

Totally OT, but what part of a bike are "the dynamics"? I've never heard that term used in this context before.

He bought a lowracer as his first recumbent. As much as I like my lowracers, even I don't think they make good first recumbents. I suspect either he couldn't get comfortable being that reclined, or else he couldn't learn to balance it. I seem to remember a death in the family prevented him from riding it much during the warranty period.

"Persistence pays off, they say. But in your case, it's turned into a lengthy ordeal. It's disheartening to see such a promising experience tarnished. Have you considered reaching out to local consumer protection agencies? They might be able to help you navigate this maze. Don't let this dampen your cycling spirit!"