Beerdrinkers, bents and legs

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave Kahn, May 21, 2003.

  1. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    > Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/

    I've just returned from a longish visit to Dave's site, which is in his distinctive style
    throughout. It's therefore highly readable, especially if you use bookmarklets* to turn the page
    backgrounds to white and the text to black. Aside from technical aspects of legibility this makes it
    marginally less obvious to people in the office that you're surfing, as does trying not to laugh out
    loud in too many places.

    Highly recommended. Sign me up for the newsletter, Dave.

    *( www.bookmarklets.com )

    --
    Dave...

    Tags:

  2. Dave Kahn wrote:

    > Highly recommended. Sign me up for the newsletter, Dave.

    Alas, unless you're prepared to wait for the PDF versions to come on line, the Newsletter is
    available only to BHPC members - see here for more details:

    http://www.btinternet.com/~John.Olson/bhpc/club.html Membership is a tenner a year

    I am still uploading the PDF versions, as I have recently moved the site and am now obliged to do
    all FTP stuff over a 56k dial-up from home. Once I've got 'em up, new ones will become available
    twelve of your English months after the paper version is published.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2003 14:51:07 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.btinternet.com/~John.Olson/bhpc/club.html Membership is a tenner a year

    But bugrit, no credit card / paypal / Cash Over IP. Surely you can't expect me to revert to the Dark
    Ages and send a promissory note?

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

    : But bugrit, no credit card / paypal / Cash Over IP. Surely you can't expect me to revert to the
    : Dark Ages and send a promissory note?

    It's sensible enough IMO. Paypal are the spawn of the devil and should be avoided at all costs.
    Setting up an online credit payment facility a) costs money and b) leaves the merchant liable for
    the cost of any fraud.

    Arthur

    Lord Lester

  5. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    > Dave Kahn wrote:
    >
    > > Highly recommended. Sign me up for the newsletter, Dave.
    >
    > Alas, unless you're prepared to wait for the PDF versions to come on line, the Newsletter is
    > available only to BHPC members - see here for more details:

    Bugger, this could get expensive as I would then feel morally obliged to acquire a suitable vehicle,
    and I already need several new conventional bicycles. Maybe I could carve one out of sixty-four
    cubic feet of Jablite. What do you think?

    --
    Dave...