bell sweep R vs. XC

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by dbleoh7, Jun 11, 2006.

1. dbleoh7

dbleoh7 New Member

I have decided on a new helmet which is the Bell Sweep and will be using it for mountain biking. I was just wondering if the visor on the sweep XC really makes a big difference?? because i am thinking that i will just get the sweep R because i think the visor would get annoying. Does anyone wear a road helmet that rides mountain bikes? any suggestions/experience would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tags:

2. AmpedCycle

AmpedCycle New Member

I ride both and I just ordered the sweep xc with the visor. I've always liked having a visor, from blocking sticks to giving me more shade. Forget what the roadies say about the visor thing. They're just lame. Ha!

3. dbleoh7

dbleoh7 New Member

I think I'm getting the sweep r. on ebay they're selling for around US$80 with shipping, and the sweep xc's are running about US$30 more. I just don't think that the visor will make that much of a difference for me since right now I am going without a helmet and don't find any problem with the sun being in my eyes.

4. AmpedCycle

AmpedCycle New Member

I'd get a visor. Just warning you. Sun and stick block... think about it.

5. dbleoh7

dbleoh7 New Member

i ride in the evenings while the sun is setting, so i dont have to deal with the bright sun, and about 95% of the trails i ride are not in very tree heavy areas as i live in north dakota and go in the badlands.

6. PeterF

PeterF New Member

In an episode of the "Lance Chronicles" his Giro Helmet showed up at his training camp. Lance was happy to receive his special helmet with a visor for training. I use the Sweep and I love it. Super light and excellent airflow. If I'm riding in the mid day sun, I'll wear a cap underneath. Personally, I like the visor effect.