Best Aussie online store

Brad Hubbard

Guest
Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories online
(yes, I know about Ebay).

Cheers,
Brad

Brad Hubbard wrote:
> Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories
> online (yes, I know about Ebay).
> Cheers, Brad

deanwoods.com.au

--

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:12:41 +1000
DaveB <[email protected]> wrote:

> Brad Hubbard wrote:
> > Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories online

> I've had good experiences with :
> http://bikefanatic.com

Just clicked on that and got in the blurb....quote

Bikefanatic has just celebrated it's 1st birthday. To celebrate we are having a big sale on at the end of Jan

.....end quote

Wonder if that Jan next year, or if it the one that's gone, could be a worry?

--
Owen

__0 http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/rr.html for rides
_ \<,_
(_)./(_) http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/act/forecasts.shtml

Brad Hubbard wrote:

> Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories
> online (yes, I know about Ebay).

Thanks all, that'll give me someplace to start ;-)

Cheers,
Brad

hippy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Brad Hubbard wrote:
> > Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories
> > online (yes, I know about Ebay). Cheers, Brad

> http://www.phantomcycles.com.au are great
>
> http://www.openwindows.com.au/hippy/web/Cycling/bookmark.asp
>
> http://www.openwindows.com.au/hippy/web/Cycling/used_bike_dealers.asp
>
> I think "Marty"? once had a list of stores and reviews of them...?
>
> hippy

Uh..
You mean someone actually looks at my website?
I think I took that down ages ago.
Maybe someone could start up a new one. I don't really have enough
time anymore. Too many projects on already. My aim for this year is to
do a lot less than last year.

Marty

"Gags" <tba@tba> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> "Brad Hubbard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy
>> parts/accessories online (yes, I know about Ebay).

> This page lists a heap of bikeshops....
>
> http://www.bicycles.net.au/links/shops.html

Yes, but most of the sites are garbage, including most not having actual
online shops. One day perhaps I'll swing a deal where I'll build a bike
shop a decent web site and get paid in kind...

--

A: Top-posters.

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Brad Hubbard wrote:
>> Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy
>> parts/accessories online (yes, I know about Ebay).

> I've had good experiences with :
> http://bikefanatic.com

I'm sorry, I just cannot give my money to a web site that starts with
"Welcome, Dude!" :)

Also http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/

--

A: Top-posters.

>Originally posted by Drs Oh, dear, top-posting again.

God.. here we go again..

Anyway, I can put up a page that lists good retailers and distinguishes
online retailers... gimme time though.. I still haven't converted my
website yet.. :S

hippy

--

L'Acrobat wrote:
> Oh, dear still trying to control Usenet I see.

Hey. It's bad enough you guys f*&%ing up one thread with your endless
inane vitriol. Put it this way, if you were on a ride, together, I'd
expect you to have hooked each other into the weeds after 5k's ARGUING
ABOUT WHICH WAY A TYRE STICKER SHOULD GO ON THE WHEEL!!!! SHUT UP!!! I
wouldn't go anywhere near either of you, even if you were the only wheel
into a 50km/h headwind.

M "harmony in the bunch = harmony in the mind" H

--

I used the "block sender" thingo in outlook express to get rid of these guys
and it works a treat!

Marty

news:[email protected]...

Brad Hubbard wrote:
> Can I get a list of recommended Aussie sites to buy parts/accessories online

None of them. Not one. Unless you want a poor range and high prices, you
will need to look at overseas shops. I was impressed by aebike.com .

Locally, take http://www.bikenow.com.au/ as an example.

Cheapest crankset is $193 for an M510.
From aebike I had a massive choice. The M510 was US$60, (A$100)
but a more suitable one (in this case) was US$35, ie
about A$70 delivered (with other items).

What about the LBS? I tried a local shop (biggest in perth possibly?)
No 9-speed MTB crankset in stock. They offered an inferior Alivio
model at a higher price. Fortunately, I could afford to wait 1-2
weeks for an overseas order.

Another comparison. HG-50 cassette. $80-90 here and limited choice.
USA: US$29, or choose an SRAM.

Though bikenow does include freight to any capitol(sic) city.