Bike Week...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but can't
    be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?

    Dave.

    Tags:

  2. Rg

    Rg Guest

    Yep

    See www.shakespokes.org.uk for the events around Stratford upon Avon

    RG

    > OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
    > can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?
    >
    > Dave.

  3. John B

    John B Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
    > can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?

    In Winchester cycling is taken to the people, which must have one of the best Bike Week programmes
    in the South. On Saturday I'll be running our club's stand in the High Street promoting a Treasure
    Hunt I've arranged as well as keeping the younger members of the family under control, who will be
    whizzing their legs on the turbos.

    We are also holding a Cycle Slalom at the nearby leisure centre with cycle control skills being
    tested for under 13s.

    http://www.winchester.gov.uk/press_archive/2003/june/venta.shtml

    There are loads of other stands (over 25 at last count) ranging from Veteran Bikes and the Tandem
    Club, to the County Council and Sustrans.

    http://www.winchester.gov.uk/onthemove/bikeweek/exhibitors2003.htm

    At 11am, there is the annual Cyclists Cavalcade around the streets of the town where I'll probably
    give the trice a posey spin ;-) - must remember to fit the fairing for extra grin factor ;-) Anyone
    joining in gets a free bell or water bottle.

    Also in the High Street will be a mountain bike aerial display team.

    There are loads of other events through the week - an Adult Refresher Course, an open forum on
    cycling, rides, events, etc.

    Full details at: http://www.winchester.gov.uk/onthemove/index.htm

    Will anyone else be there?

    John B

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  5. On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:

    > OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
    > can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?
    >
    > Dave.

    Fig rolls (interesting texture if it's January, by the way), cereal bars (Jordan's banana flavoured
    are great, but they do stick in your teeth) and jelly babies (almost 100% sugar, and they make you
    feel happier too).

    Huw Pritchard

  6. Tim Woodall

    Tim Woodall Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:08:59 +0100, Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:
    >
    >> OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
    >> can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?
    >>
    >> Dave.
    >
    > Fig rolls (interesting texture if it's January, by the way), cereal bars (Jordan's banana
    > flavoured are great, but they do stick in your teeth) and jelly babies (almost 100% sugar, and
    > they make you feel happier too).

    ASDA own brand cereal bars are good and cheap (90p for 6 IIRC) and are almost exactly the same as
    the powerbars recipe in the r.b.t FAQ (except for the chocolate coating which you could always add
    if you wanted)

    Jelly babies are lovely but, in this BSE era, remember to leave the head and the spine :)

    Regards,

    Tim.

  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:08:59 +0100, Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:
    > >
    > >> OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
    > >> can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?
    > >>
    > >> Dave.
    > >
    > > Fig rolls (interesting texture if it's January, by the way), cereal bars (Jordan's banana
    > > flavoured are great, but they do stick in your teeth)
    and
    > > jelly babies (almost 100% sugar, and they make you feel happier too).
    > >
    > ASDA own brand cereal bars are good and cheap (90p for 6 IIRC) and are
    almost
    > exactly the same as the powerbars recipe in the r.b.t FAQ (except for the chocolate coating which
    > you could always add if you wanted)
    >
    > Jelly babies are lovely but, in this BSE era, remember to leave the head and the spine :)
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Tim.
    >

    > --
    > God said, "div D = rho, div B = 0, curl E = - @B/@t, curl H = J + @D/@t," and there was light.
    >
    > http://tjw.hn.org/ http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/

    Ok, it was all going well up until Huw and Tim....now I'm a little confused....like the bit about
    the Jelly Babies though ;-)

  8. John B

    John B Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > "Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:08:59 +0100, Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:

    > > Jelly babies are lovely but, in this BSE era, remember to leave the head and the spine :)
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Tim.
    >

    > Ok, it was all going well up until Huw and Tim....now I'm a little confused....like the bit about
    > the Jelly Babies though ;-)

    Perhaps no-one here is involved in Bike Week :-(

    John B

  9. Tim Woodall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > ASDA own brand cereal bars are good and cheap (90p for 6 IIRC) and are almost exactly the same as
    > the powerbars recipe in the r.b.t FAQ (except for the chocolate coating which you could always add
    > if you wanted)

    Chocolate certainly has its place in the grand scheme of things, but not sure if it's the ideal
    stuff for cycling food now that the warm weather seems to have arrived [1]!

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    [1] Cut to random photo of 3-year old child with face & hands liberally smeared with Cadbury's Dairy
    Milk - you get the idea....

  10. John B <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Perhaps no-one here is involved in Bike Week :-(
    >
    > John B

    I just came across this post by accidnent when trying to find the rec.bycycles.tech FAQ. It seems
    the internet is a smaller world than I had imagined. I live in Winchester and am pleased you've
    reminded me about bikeweek!, just in time as well. Plus I need a bell, so will definatly be
    coming along.

    Cheers

    Justin