Bike Week...

Dave

Guest
OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but can't
be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?

Dave.

Yep

See www.shakespokes.org.uk for the events around Stratford upon Avon

RG

Dave wrote:

> OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
> can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?

In Winchester cycling is taken to the people, which must have one of the best Bike Week programmes
in the South. On Saturday I'll be running our club's stand in the High Street promoting a Treasure
Hunt I've arranged as well as keeping the younger members of the family under control, who will be
whizzing their legs on the turbos.

We are also holding a Cycle Slalom at the nearby leisure centre with cycle control skills being
tested for under 13s.

http://www.winchester.gov.uk/press_archive/2003/june/venta.shtml

There are loads of other stands (over 25 at last count) ranging from Veteran Bikes and the Tandem
Club, to the County Council and Sustrans.

http://www.winchester.gov.uk/onthemove/bikeweek/exhibitors2003.htm

At 11am, there is the annual Cyclists Cavalcade around the streets of the town where I'll probably
give the trice a posey spin ;-) - must remember to fit the fairing for extra grin factor ;-) Anyone
joining in gets a free bell or water bottle.

Also in the High Street will be a mountain bike aerial display team.

There are loads of other events through the week - an Adult Refresher Course, an open forum on
cycling, rides, events, etc.

Full details at: http://www.winchester.gov.uk/onthemove/index.htm

Will anyone else be there?

John B

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:

> OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
> can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?
>
> Dave.

Fig rolls (interesting texture if it's January, by the way), cereal bars (Jordan's banana flavoured
are great, but they do stick in your teeth) and jelly babies (almost 100% sugar, and they make you
feel happier too).

Huw Pritchard

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:08:59 +0100, Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:
>
>> OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
>> can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?
>>
>> Dave.
>
> Fig rolls (interesting texture if it's January, by the way), cereal bars (Jordan's banana
> flavoured are great, but they do stick in your teeth) and jelly babies (almost 100% sugar, and
> they make you feel happier too).

ASDA own brand cereal bars are good and cheap (90p for 6 IIRC) and are almost exactly the same as
the powerbars recipe in the r.b.t FAQ (except for the chocolate coating which you could always add
if you wanted)

Jelly babies are lovely but, in this BSE era, remember to leave the head and the spine :)

Regards,

Tim.

"Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:08:59 +0100, Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:
> >
> >> OK, anyone involved in anything to promote cycling to the 'populace who should know better but
> >> can't be ars*d' (tm) during bike week ?
> >>
> >> Dave.
> >
> > Fig rolls (interesting texture if it's January, by the way), cereal bars (Jordan's banana
> > flavoured are great, but they do stick in your teeth)
and
> > jelly babies (almost 100% sugar, and they make you feel happier too).
> >
> ASDA own brand cereal bars are good and cheap (90p for 6 IIRC) and are
almost
> exactly the same as the powerbars recipe in the r.b.t FAQ (except for the chocolate coating which
> you could always add if you wanted)
>
> Jelly babies are lovely but, in this BSE era, remember to leave the head and the spine :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim.
>

> --
> God said, "div D = rho, div B = 0, curl E = - @B/@t, curl H = J + @D/@t," and there was light.
>
> http://tjw.hn.org/ http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/

Ok, it was all going well up until Huw and Tim....now I'm a little confused....like the bit about
the Jelly Babies though ;-)

Dave wrote:

> "Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:08:59 +0100, Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:20 +0100, Dave did issue forth:

> > Jelly babies are lovely but, in this BSE era, remember to leave the head and the spine :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Tim.
>

> Ok, it was all going well up until Huw and Tim....now I'm a little confused....like the bit about
> the Jelly Babies though ;-)

Perhaps no-one here is involved in Bike Week :-(

John B

Tim Woodall <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> ASDA own brand cereal bars are good and cheap (90p for 6 IIRC) and are almost exactly the same as
> the powerbars recipe in the r.b.t FAQ (except for the chocolate coating which you could always add
> if you wanted)

Chocolate certainly has its place in the grand scheme of things, but not sure if it's the ideal
stuff for cycling food now that the warm weather seems to have arrived [1]!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

[1] Cut to random photo of 3-year old child with face & hands liberally smeared with Cadbury's Dairy
Milk - you get the idea....

John B <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Perhaps no-one here is involved in Bike Week :-(
>
> John B

I just came across this post by accidnent when trying to find the rec.bycycles.tech FAQ. It seems
the internet is a smaller world than I had imagined. I live in Winchester and am pleased you've
reminded me about bikeweek!, just in time as well. Plus I need a bell, so will definatly be
coming along.

Cheers

Justin