Bravo Bobby J.

"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>Let's see what Jew Lick does in the Giro, Tour, or worlds.
> >>

> >>Magilla

> > What about Sea Otter? You seem to think Sea Otter is pretty important.
> >

> There's 10, maybe 15 big races you want to win as a pro. Paris-Nice and
> Sea Otter ain't 2 of them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

You didn't seem to consider that when you were whining about Sea Otter's
prize list and making a comparison to Wimbledon and the Masters.

MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Jew Lick won a race that means absolutely nothing to 75% of the peloton.
> The fact thhat it is designated a "Pro Tour" events by the UCI is
> quite meaningless.
>
> Let's see what Jew Lick does in the Giro, Tour, or worlds.
>

> Magilla

Wow. You do have issues.... That is some 'tude you are sportin!

This is a race Sean Kelly won seven times. Roche, Indurain, & Rominger
won too.I reckon that carries some cred! (and I realize the
Paris-Nice glory days are well past)

I am not a You-lick fan, but props to the guy. Well done!

stig wrote:

> MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>Jew Lick won a race that means absolutely nothing to 75% of the peloton.
>> The fact thhat it is designated a "Pro Tour" events by the UCI is
>>quite meaningless.
>>
>>Let's see what Jew Lick does in the Giro, Tour, or worlds.
>>

>>Magilla

> Wow. You do have issues.... That is some 'tude you are sportin!
>
> This is a race Sean Kelly won seven times. Roche, Indurain, & Rominger
> won too.I reckon that carries some cred! (and I realize the
> Paris-Nice glory days are well past)
>
> I am not a You-lick fan, but props to the guy. Well done!

Sean Kelly...another overrated rider. Sean Kelly beat guys who were the
equivalent of D3 pros today. 90% of the riders Sean Kelly beat in his
career were making $5,000/year. To give you an idea of how bad most
riders sucked back then, Johann Musseuw was basically known as a great
field sprinter.

Did Kelly ever win a Grand Tour...a worlds?

The next thing you're going to tell me is Malcolm Elliot was the best
cyclist ever to race on U.S. soil.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Per Elmsäter wrote:
>> MagillaGorilla wrote:

>>> Jew Lick won a race that means absolutely nothing to 75% of the
>>> peloton. The fact thhat it is designated a "Pro Tour" events by the
>>> UCI is
>>> quite meaningless.
>>>
>>> Let's see what Jew Lick does in the Giro, Tour, or worlds.
>>>

>> You're just jealous ;(

> Yes, you are correct. I am jealous. Paris-Nice is a HUGE race and
> winning it is identical to winning the Tour de France, Giro, and
> worlds.
>
> I have been jealous of Bobby for many years now, and I never admitted
> it until now.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

It must feel good to come out of the closet finally ;)

You know what? Historically This Paris-Nice edition will be HUGE. All firsts
are. If of course, the Pro Tour continues and become what they hope of it.

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> The next thing you're going to tell me is Malcolm Elliot was the best
> cyclist ever to race on U.S. soil.
>
> Magilla

He may have had the hottest girlfriend of any cyclist on U.S. soil.

On 03/13/2005 09:01 AM, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> First and only USA rider to win Paris-Nice.

He rides for CSC, which means he rides for Mr. 60% himself. How do you know
that Bobby J. isn't pumping as much stuff into his arms that you are
convinced that Armstrong is?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BE5A193B.142B1%[email protected]...
> On 03/13/2005 09:01 AM, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>> First and only USA rider to win Paris-Nice.

> He rides for CSC, which means he rides for Mr. 60% himself. How do you
> know
> that Bobby J. isn't pumping as much stuff into his arms that you are
> convinced that Armstrong is?

Hmmm. How do I know that Bobby J. isn't pumping as much stuff into his arms
as another rider like Armstrong?
Hmmmm.

> > Wow. You do have issues.... That is some 'tude you are sportin!
> >
> > This is a race Sean Kelly won seven times. Roche, Indurain, & Rominger
> > won too.I reckon that carries some cred! (and I realize the
> > Paris-Nice glory days are well past)
> >
> > I am not a You-lick fan, but props to the guy. Well done!

> Sean Kelly...another overrated rider. Sean Kelly beat guys who were the
> equivalent of D3 pros today. 90% of the riders Sean Kelly beat in his
> career were making $5,000/year. To give you an idea of how bad most
> riders sucked back then, Johann Musseuw was basically known as a great
> field sprinter.
>
> Did Kelly ever win a Grand Tour...a worlds?
>
> The next thing you're going to tell me is Malcolm Elliot was the best
> cyclist ever to race on U.S. soil.
>
> Magilla

Man. You crack me up! The stuff you write is priceless!

> > Wow. You do have issues.... That is some 'tude you are sportin!
> >
> > This is a race Sean Kelly won seven times. Roche, Indurain, & Rominger
> > won too.I reckon that carries some cred! (and I realize the
> > Paris-Nice glory days are well past)
> >
> > I am not a You-lick fan, but props to the guy. Well done!

> Sean Kelly...another overrated rider. Sean Kelly beat guys who were the
> equivalent of D3 pros today. 90% of the riders Sean Kelly beat in his
> career were making $5,000/year. To give you an idea of how bad most
> riders sucked back then, Johann Musseuw was basically known as a great
> field sprinter.
>
> Did Kelly ever win a Grand Tour...a worlds?
>
> The next thing you're going to tell me is Malcolm Elliot was the best
> cyclist ever to race on U.S. soil.
>
> Magilla

Man. You crack me up! The stuff you write is priceless!

BTW, Kelly did win the Vuelta, which I believe was a Grand Tour.

"DA74" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>> Yes. Bobby Julich beat nobody at Paris-Nice.

> He's right you jag-offs. BJ will be so fried by June he'll just be a
> water carrier for the real talent on CSC. The only guys who peak early
> in the season are the guys who know they'll be non-factors when the
> real racing hits.

You mean like Vinokourov who in 2003 won Paris-Nice, then the Amstel-Gold
Race, the Tour of Switserland, but finished only third in the Tour de
France? Or Rebellin who in 2004 finished second in Paris-Nice, but after
that won only the Amstel Gold, the Flèche Wallone and Liège-Bastogne-Liège?

Benjo

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>The next thing you're going to tell me is Malcolm Elliot was the best
>>cyclist ever to race on U.S. soil.
>>
>>Magilla

> He may have had the hottest girlfriend of any cyclist on U.S. soil.

She ain't hot anymore.

Magilla

On 03/13/2005 02:01 PM, in article [email protected],
"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Did Kelly ever win a Grand Tour...a worlds?

He won the Tour of Spain in 1988.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

In article <[email protected]>,
Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> >
> >> First and only USA rider to win Paris-Nice.

> > Jew Lick won a race that means absolutely nothing to 75% of the peloton.
> > The fact thhat it is designated a "Pro Tour" events by the UCI is quite
> > meaningless.
> >
> > Let's see what Jew Lick does in the Giro, Tour, or worlds.
> >

> > Magilla

> Would you care to explain your clever ethnic slur?
>
> Steve

"Three months after graduation he reluctantly moved back home with his
mother, whose new husband, an addled ex-RAF pilot named Roger, delighted in
tormenting Chaz with odd pranks. Whenever he snuck into a bathroom to whack
off, which was several times a day, Roger would turn up the Irish Rovers
full blast, rap on the doojamb and chant, "Bad monkey! Bad monkey!" in an
eerie falsetto."

Carl Hiaasen

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

benjo maso wrote:
> "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > MagillaGorilla wrote:
> >> Yes. Bobby Julich beat nobody at Paris-Nice.

> > He's right you jag-offs. BJ will be so fried by June he'll just be

> > water carrier for the real talent on CSC. The only guys who peak

early
> > in the season are the guys who know they'll be non-factors when the
> > real racing hits.

> You mean like Vinokourov who in 2003 won Paris-Nice, then the

Amstel-Gold
> Race, the Tour of Switserland, but finished only third in the Tour de

> France? Or Rebellin who in 2004 finished second in Paris-Nice, but

after
> that won only the Amstel Gold, the Flèche Wallone and

Liège-Bastogne-Liège?

> Benjo

You're right - I neglected to account for the guys who are so prepped
they can peak for months on end...My point still stands - he ain't in
that league.

That said, I wish you chubwads would take the starstruck looks out of
your eyes and see how ridiculous some of these results are. This is no
different than the sport of pro wrestling - except that these guys are
trying to pass this stuff off as legitimate. Wake up and wipe the
***** off your chin.

benjo maso wrote:

> "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>MagillaGorilla wrote:
>>
>>>Yes. Bobby Julich beat nobody at Paris-Nice.

>>He's right you jag-offs. BJ will be so fried by June he'll just be a
>>water carrier for the real talent on CSC. The only guys who peak early
>>in the season are the guys who know they'll be non-factors when the
>>real racing hits.

> You mean like Vinokourov who in 2003 won Paris-Nice, then the Amstel-Gold
> Race, the Tour of Switserland, but finished only third in the Tour de
> France? Or Rebellin who in 2004 finished second in Paris-Nice, but after
> that won only the Amstel Gold, the Flèche Wallone and Liège-Bastogne-Liège?
>
> Benjo

Julich ain't that kind of a rider. His season is done. Maybe he should
use the prize money he won to buy Contador some better pedals.

Magilla