Brompton headset: cheese based?

Bob Dickson

Bob

| Dr Robert Dickson, IT Manager | Jodrell Bank Observatory, The University of Manchester |
| Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 9DL (UK) | Tel: +44 1477 572638 Fax: +44 1477 571618 |

Not AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who has worn out just about everything on
his hasn't reported the handlebars going wonky on him. Also not seen it crop up as a "known issue"
anywhere... What causes you to enquire?

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote:
> Not AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who has worn out just about everything on
> his hasn't reported the handlebars going wonky on him. Also not seen it crop up as a "known issue"
> anywhere... What causes you to enquire

Apologies for the non-question, I obviously didn't get my cancel in quick enough. Ooops.

My question should have been about my L3 purchased from new about 6 months ago which has now done
roughly 1500 miles I think. I was a bit miffed to discover that a definite 'notch' has developed in
the steering. I guess from your response above this isn't a common problem. Oh well, off to whinge
at the bike shop I suppose. Note to self: never buy a bike online again. Sigh.

--
Bob

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:41:21 +0000 (UTC), Bob Dickson
<[email protected]> wrote:

:)Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote: )> Not
:AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who
:has worn )> out just about everything on his hasn't
:reported the handlebars going )> wonky on him. Also not
:seen it crop up as a "known issue" anywhere... )> What
:causes you to enquire ) )Apologies for the non-question, I
:eek:bviously didn't get my cancel )in quick enough. Ooops. )
:)My question should have been about my L3 purchased from
:new )about 6 months ago which has now done roughly 1500
:miles I think. )I was a bit miffed to discover that a
:definite 'notch' has developed )in the steering. I guess
:from your response above this isn't )a common problem. Oh
:well, off to whinge at the bike shop I )suppose. Note to
:self: never buy a bike online again. Sigh.

Post it back to the supplier to sort out - but postage cost
might be more than getting LBS to sort it !

I've certainly not had the prob on any of my 3 Bs and one
has been ridden on some pretty hard terrain.
--
Comm again, Mike.