Brompton headset: cheese based?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bob Dickson, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Bob Dickson

    Bob Dickson Guest

    --
    Bob

    | Dr Robert Dickson, IT Manager | Jodrell Bank Observatory, The University of Manchester |
    | Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 9DL (UK) | Tel: +44 1477 572638 Fax: +44 1477 571618 |

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Not AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who has worn out just about everything on
    his hasn't reported the handlebars going wonky on him. Also not seen it crop up as a "known issue"
    anywhere... What causes you to enquire?

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. Bob Dickson

    Bob Dickson Guest

    Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Not AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who has worn out just about everything on
    > his hasn't reported the handlebars going wonky on him. Also not seen it crop up as a "known issue"
    > anywhere... What causes you to enquire

    Apologies for the non-question, I obviously didn't get my cancel in quick enough. Ooops.

    My question should have been about my L3 purchased from new about 6 months ago which has now done
    roughly 1500 miles I think. I was a bit miffed to discover that a definite 'notch' has developed in
    the steering. I guess from your response above this isn't a common problem. Oh well, off to whinge
    at the bike shop I suppose. Note to self: never buy a bike online again. Sigh.

    --
    Bob

  4. Pmailkeey

    Pmailkeey Guest

    On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:41:21 +0000 (UTC), Bob Dickson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    :)Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote: )> Not
    :AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who
    :has worn )> out just about everything on his hasn't
    :reported the handlebars going )> wonky on him. Also not
    :seen it crop up as a "known issue" anywhere... )> What
    :causes you to enquire ) )Apologies for the non-question, I
    :eek:bviously didn't get my cancel )in quick enough. Ooops. )
    :)My question should have been about my L3 purchased from
    :new )about 6 months ago which has now done roughly 1500
    :miles I think. )I was a bit miffed to discover that a
    :definite 'notch' has developed )in the steering. I guess
    :from your response above this isn't )a common problem. Oh
    :well, off to whinge at the bike shop I )suppose. Note to
    :self: never buy a bike online again. Sigh.

    Post it back to the supplier to sort out - but postage cost
    might be more than getting LBS to sort it !

    I've certainly not had the prob on any of my 3 Bs and one
    has been ridden on some pretty hard terrain.
    --
    Comm again, Mike.