Building Wheels. Opinions.

Bolter03 said:
www.yellowjersey.org they can build up with your existing hubs for about a $100 each with the Velocity Aerohead and Aero OC...looked it up and for an additional $300 you can go to ceramic bearings (wish I had thought of that when I had mine built).

'Blatant political statement!!"

C'mon, $300 for ceramic? Do ya think that's really worth the $? Studies have shown 'maybe' a 3 watt difference.

Peter@vecchios said:
2006 saw a really nice hub selection from Campagnolo. Minor differences of Record thru Centaur, all with nice design and aluminum axles. Enter 2007 and Record only with aluminum axles(AND 32 and 36h only-gone 28h), Chorus gone, Centaur now a relabeled veloce hub(nice hub but old design). Campagnolo wants you to buy their wheels, not hubs.

So, believe it. Campagnolo is reducing their hub offerings in a big way which is disappointing to this wheel builder. For the OP...If you are a pretty light rider in terms of technique-Velocity Aeroheads(OC rear), 14/15 spokes laced 3 cross rear and Revolution spokes front, laced 3 cross, assuming it's 32h.
Okay -- thanks for the clarification. I've made a mental note for my future reference ...

But, most of the hubs that I've bought in the past half-dozen years have been either Shimano or Hugi (and, of course, DT hubs can be spec'd with Campy-compatible freehubs), so, I guess I can't express the same level of disappointment OTHER THAN for lack of choice in the future.

alfeng said:
Okay -- thanks for the clarification. I've made a mental note for my future reference ...

But, most of the hubs that I've bought in the past half-dozen years have been either Shimano or Hugi (and, of course, DT hubs can be spec'd with Campy-compatible freehubs), so, I guess I can't express the same level of disappointment OTHER THAN for lack of choice in the future.

The ONLY aftermarket hub we like is DT. Very nice, lots of drillings and both freehub bodies. Samo for their rims..dbl eyelet 1.1 and the 1.2..wish they made a tubie rim.

Mike-the-Bike said:
Good luck in getting Peter White to return your e-mails (if that's the method of communication you plan on using). He just ignored mine, so to tell you the truth, I don't have much time for him.
Guess you didn't read his website very closely: White explicitly says that he doesn't answer email frequently, and that if you want to consult with him the best way to reach him is via that anachronistic devise from days of yore, the telephone.

Bob Ross said:
Guess you didn't read his website very closely: White explicitly says that he doesn't answer email frequently, and that if you want to consult with him the best way to reach him is via that anachronistic devise from days of yore, the telephone.
(chuckle)